Nyesha loves writing about cooking/recipes, restaurants, movies, weddings, and poetry.
Black, white and pink wedding color theme, including black, white and pink wedding invitations
BLACK, WHITE AND PINK WEDDING COLOR IDEAS - WEDDING COLOR THEME
Black, white and pink makes for an elegant wedding color theme.
This wedding planning hub discusses many black, white and pink wedding theme ideas. A black, white and pink wedding color scheme would be complimentary and vibrant!
The sparks of pink color in the wedding theme will contribute to infusing joy into the atmosphere of an already joyful space and joyful occasion.
Flowers and balloons are two examples of festive wedding items that will be readily and commonly available in the color pink from wedding vendors.
The pink color can be an accent color to the neutrality of the black and white or it can be the main color used for the wedding in the black, white and pink wedding color scheme.
Pink is a color that has been gaining a wide resurgence in popularity over the more recent years.
For the black, white and pink wedding color theme, there are many ideas featured below including incorporating the colors black,white and pink into everything from the bridal party attire to the wedding invitations to the colors used in the food that will be served at the wedding reception!
- For example, for a fun filled black, white and pink themed wedding reception, perhaps you would like to have pink gum ball dispensers or possibly have pink cotton candy at your wedding reception party.
- Having an assortment of black, white and pink decorated cupcakes is another idea.
- Adorning the wedding cake with pale pink flowers or bright pink flowers is yet another idea.
Below is a pretty example of black, white and pink wedding invitations. :
1. These black, white and pink wedding invitations can be found at http://www.fallweddinginvitation.net for $1.60 a piece.
I love the design of the invitation including the black and white damask border.
1. BLACK, WHITE & PINK WEDDINGS
White or pink wedding flowers
2. These fresh from the farm white on white hand tied flower bouquets are available at La Bella Baskets for $79.95.
3. White or pink wedding flowers
3. I always love all white or mostly white flower bouquets but an all pink bouquet is also an aesthetically pleasing option for your black, white and pink wedding.
Beautiful wedding cakes with black, white and pink decorations
4. I was very impressed by this black, white and pink wedding cake found on an independent part time cake artist Vanessa's blog. This black, white and pink wedding cake is very elegant and professional looking so kudos to Vanessa. Many other people get some training in cake decoration and artistry but don't achieve the neatness and precision that is needed to be successful at it. I think this is an example of a very fine job done, designing a wedding cake.
5. Here is another very pretty option for a black, white and pink wedding cake.
6. A second wedding invitation option that pairs nicely with the second cake featured (#5) is below and was found at invitationstyles.com
7. A black tablecloth with fuschia accessories and white dinnerware makes for a very attractive table setting.
8. Another option for a gorgeous table setting is below. Notice the black and white tabecloth, the black chair covers with pink bows, the placement of the pretty programs and menu cards, and lots of fine crystal / glassware.
Black, white and pink damask stickers for a black, white and pink wedding color theme
9. Elegant stickers are always a nice added and special touch. They can be used to seal the invitation envelope and/or on wedding favor boxes for example. This black, white and pink wedding sticker features that damask print that I love.
10. Below are some gorgeous wedding favor boxes, no sticker needed. They include a hot pink base, a black and white damask cover and black ribbon.
If you do choose to personalize it with a sticker, maybe you can put it on top or underneath the box at the base. The sticker featured at #9 in this article is a pretty perfect match.
11. Cupcakes are becoming a more and more common and trendy feature at weddings especially when pink is in the theme it seems. A pink frosted cupcake is very pretty. Personally, I don't feel too positive about having cupcakes instead of a whole wedding cake as is sometimes the case, but platters of cupcakes in addition to the wedding cake would be nice.
Wedding receptions often feature at least one dessert in addition to the wedding cake. Perhaps cupcakes in a flavor different from your wedding cake can be your additional dessert option. Red velvet cake, black forest cake and/or vanilla seem like nice flavors to include in your black, white and pink wedding.
If you have a groom's cake, maybe it can be black forest. Chocolate cake, whip cream, cherries and chocolate shavings are the key elements of a typical black forest cake.
I think black forest cake would be nicely suited for a black, white and pink wedding or black, white and red wedding but more matching for a black, white and red wedding.
11. Black, white and pink decorated cupcakes
Black Forest Cake
12. Pink gum balls, pink cotton candy and a chocolate fountain are all interesting options
12. Black and white are very classy and elegant. We also know that pink is a very feminine color. Someone that chooses pink for their wedding is probably also very fun loving.
If you are that person, you might also like the idea of a chocolate fountain, cotton candy, and/or pink gum balls at your wedding.
I would make sure that the gumballs are served last like an after dinner mint when guests are on their way out or as a wedding favor.
When I think of pink, I also think of a young or youthful bride, but even the oldest of brides have been known to reclaim their youth on their wedding day. The cotton candy and gum balls will add to the childlike whimsy of the occasion.
Today is the day. You are having the wedding you have always dreamed of since you were a little girl!
(Hey, I should add that chocolate fountain to my hub about chocolate and turquoise themed weddings too.)
BLACK, WHITE & PINK WEDDINGS
BLACK, WHITE & PINK WEDDINGS
13. Below are various bridesmaid and flower girl dress ideas for a black,white and pink wedding theme.
14. Please take a look at the videos below for even more black, white and pink wedding ideas.
I like the makeup featured in the video below- smoky gray and ivory eyeshadows and pink lipgloss. MAC, Urban Decay and Rimmel are some of the brands of makeup used to achieve the look.
14. Black, white and pink or fuschia weddings video from YouTube to give you some more ideas
A multitude of color schemes for planning your beautiful wedding:
When you think about all the ideas and possibilities, are black, white and pink a wedding color theme that you would seriously consider choosing for your weddin
Perhaps you have already chosen.
Black satin ribbon
Black, white and pink wedding favor boxes
© 2011 Nyesha Pagnou MPH
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on December 10, 2011:
Hi randomcreative, thanks so much for stopping by and posting a comment. I'm glad you like this color combination. Yes, black and white would definitely be nicer than pink for the guys to wear but besides for what they are wearing themselves, will they dislike having to look at so much pink on that day?:)Will a groom think that it is overkill? If she has her heart set on it, will the bride really care what the groom thinks?:)This color combination seems to bring a lot of those questions up for discussion. Whatever people choose, it will be important for both the bride and groom to have their input.
Rose Clearfield from Milwaukee, Wisconsin on December 08, 2011:
I love this color combination! I agree that I don't like to see guys wearing pink, especially bright pink at a wedding. Maybe girls could wear pink and the guys could go with a classic black and white tux?
Nyesha Pagnou MPH (author) from USA on December 08, 2011:
Thanks for commenting. You do make excellent points. I was even thinking about the poor guys (groom, groomsmen, dad, male guests) while I was writing this hub:-) Despite the femininity of it, it does somehow remain a very popular and pretty wedding color combination year after year. Please make sure to look out for my Navy and Cream wedding colors hub that I am currently working on. It is so much more male friendly!
Talk to you soon.
Marlena Oechsner from Wisconsin on December 08, 2011:
Beautiful pictures, but I must caution, not every man will be interested in seeing pink at his wedding. My mom told me recently that she worked at a hotel where a wedding reception was taking place and everything was pink. I mean everything. The bridesmaids were in pink...and so was the groom's suit. As a memento for the wedding, there was a candy table where guests could take a pink Chinese take-out box and fill it with all sorts of pink candies, from M&Ms with the couples names printed on them to pink fluffs of cotton candy. That is far too much. Pink can be tasteful as an accent, but not as the main color.