Pick 5 A Day And Watch Your Relationship Blossom!
As we enter into marriage, we may wonder how we ever lived life without our mate. We're focused on each other, and that makes us close. However, the longer we're married, our focus tends to turn to jobs, bills, or children and less on each other. Unfortunately, this causes many marriages to turn cold and some eventually die. Have you ever wondered how people stay married for 30, 40, or more years? Do you want your marriage to last a lifetime? The key is to stay focused on your mate. Here are some ways for you to show your husband your love. Choose at least five every day and watch your marriage blossom into a wonderful relationship!
- TEXT HIM A LOVE MESSAGE Send him a romantic text message on his cell. Make sure it's sweet but spicy!
- DO ONE OF HIS CHORES FOR HIM Pick a chore that he dreads, such as mowing the lawn, and do it for him. Watch him as he sighs with relief.
- START A HOBBY TOGETHER Sharing a hobby together such as horse back riding, completing a home improvement project, or selling on eBay can help keep you close.
- PLAY A GAME TOGETHER Have fun doing things together such as playing board games, riding bumper boats, or playing miniature golf. Just remember, if he should get the best of you, don't tackle him unless you're laughing!
- SHOW APPRECIATION When your husband works hard, or does something for you, let him know you appreciate him.
- MAKE YOUR HOME HIS REFUGE Let your home be a haven were your husband can retreat from the stresses of life. Do your best to make it a pleasant environment.
- LAUGH AT HIS ANTICS Don't let the little things that your husband does get on your nerves. If you think about it, some of these things may have been what attracted you to him! He just wouldn't be the same if he didn't do these things.
- PRAY FOR HIM Ask God to give him that extra boost to make everything OK. Let your husband hear you pray too. This will let him know that when you can't make it right, you'll ask someone who can.
- CHECK BEFORE THROWING THINGS AWAY If your husband has some things that seem useless to you, don't trash them until you've made sure he doesn't need them.
- CHECK BEFORE REARRANGING Ask your husband if it's OK before you move or straighten things on his desk or work area. If he has things where it's easy to find, it might make it chaotic if it's moved.
- TAKE A WALK OR A HIKE TOGETHER Let nature set the mood for romance! Talk, listen, and hold hands.
- DON'T EXPECT HIM TO READ YOUR MIND If there is something you want your husband to know about you, tell him. Don't expect him to just know what you're thinking or what you need.
- LAUGH TOGETHER Forget your adults for awhile, and just act silly together. Also, if something should go awry, try to find some humor in it somewhere. This will also reduce the stress of the situation.
- RESIST THE URGE TO SNOOP Don't sneak around and check up on your husband, if you want to know something, ask him to his face.
- GIVE HIM A ROMANTIC CARDDon't wait for a special occasion to give him a card. Find the most romantic card you can find and leave it in his car. Don't forget to add your own personal message! Maybe you'll even make him nervous, wondering if he forgot an anniversary!
- PACK HIS FAVORITE TREAT Buy his favorite candy bar or other treat, and pack it in his lunch with a love note.
- TAKE A BUBBLE BATH TOGETHER This is self-explanatory.
- E-MAIL HIM AN INVITATION FOR ROMANCE Invite him on a rendezvous with you! Build his anticipation, then tell him to RSVP!
- TAKE HIM TO TEST DRIVE HIS DREAM CAR Drive him to a car lot some Saturday, and let him test drive the car of his dreams - even though you probably won't buy it.
- LET HIM BUY THAT TOY Permit him to buy that toy he's been wanting so badly. Better yet, put some of your own things off, save the money and buy it for him yourself!
- TALK ABOUT THE FUTURE The future isn't as far away as it seems sometimes. Talk about where you'd like to be when you're married 50 years, and work on making those dreams happen.
- GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT Don't jump to conclusions if your husband has said or done something questionable. Give him the chance to explain before you pass judgement.
- LET HIM BE THE MAN OF THE HOUSE Although this is growing increasingly unpopular, it does still work. Just because your husband is in charge of the household doesn't mean that you can't share your opinions, it just means he's captain of the team.
- SAY, "I'M SORRY" Although you may not want to admit it, there will be times when you're in the wrong. Maybe you've said something hurtful or done something insensitive. Never have too much pride to tell him you're sorry.
- KEEP YOUR PROMISES If you told your husband you'd do something, make sure that you follow through.
- RUB HIS FEET Steer him to the recliner and pull off his shoes. Rub his feet for at least 20 minutes. It has been told that this may even improve his health!
- MAKE YOUR BEDROOM A LOVER'S PARADISE Turn your ordinary bedroom into any lover's dream without a lot of expense. Remove clutter and anything that doesn't belong, and replace it with scented candles and fresh flowers. Hang pretty curtains and find some comfy bedding. Place mirrors to reflect candlelight, and misting fountains for a romantic effect.
- WRITE A NOTE ON THE STEAMED-UP BATHROOM MIRROR While your husband is showering, sneak in and write, "I love you" on the steamed-up bathroom mirror. This will steam him up as well, especially if you seal it with your lip prints!
- PUT LOVE IN HIS SUDS I'm talking about a bar of soap! Scratch "I love you" into his soap so he'll find it the next time he showers. (You may not want to seal this note with your lip prints, though).
- GIVE HIM A MASSAGE Go buy some sweet smelling oils and turn your bedroom into a spa! Give your husband a full body massage and work out those aching muscles.
- PLAY ROMANTIC MUSIC Keep a good deal of romantic music on hand in your bedroom to help set the mood for romance.
- PUT A SIGN IN YOUR YARDPlace a sign in your yard such as, "THE WORLD'S GREATEST HUSBAND LIVES HERE." Let everyone know how special your husband is to you.
- LET BYGONES BE BYGONES If your husband has done or said something to hurt you, forgive him. Don't keep bringing up the past every time you get into a disagreement, especially if he has shown remorse.
- BE HONEST Don't hide things from your husband. Be open and transparent. This will help him trust you more.
- BRAG ON HIM IN FRONT OF HIS FRIENDS Men naturally rely on boost in their ego now and then in order to stay confident. Let him hear you tell others about the great things he says and does.
- CLEAN HIS CAR FOR HIM Surprise him by giving his car a good detailed cleaning. If you don't want to tackle it yourself, have it professionally done.
- PUT HIS PICTURE IN WALLPAPER Let him know that you still think he's a gorgeous hunk by putting his picture on your computer desktop!
- BUY A BUMPER STICKER Put a "I Love My Husband" bumper sticker on your car.
- WORSHIP TOGETHER The couple who prays together, stays together. These will be very tender and special moments shared between the two of you, as well as important.
- EAT BY CANDLELIGHT Cook his favorite meal and light the candles. Take time to focus on each other, and to look into each others eyes.
- BE DEVOTED TO HIM One of the greatest gifts that you could ever give your husband is your true faithfulness. This includes physically, emotionally, and in your thoughts. If you're struggling with temptation, nip it in the bud. Tell him your feelings in a sensitive and loving way. Don't bottle anything up, this is asking for disaster.
- RUN YOUR FINGERS THROUGH HIS HAIR Or massage his temples if he doesn't have any. Do this while he relaxes. Remember, your touch is important to him.
- DON'T CONTRADICT HIM IN FRONT OF OTHERS This will only embarrass him and cause people to lose respect. This is especially important if you have children.
- DON'T CRITICIZE HIM IN FRONT OF OTHERS If you feel that your husband needs a bit of constructive criticism, make sure it's just that - constructive. Don't offer it at all unless it's in a loving way, and in private. Being criticized in front of others lowers self esteem and causes hurt feelings.
- DEFEND HIM Don't let others disrespect your husband. Even just a snide comment can hurt. Stick up for him. Don't let someone drive into the ground the most important person in your life.
- LOVE YOURSELF Many times we as women hold back on our husbands because of our own insecurities. Learn to let it go. The things that we're so worried about, usually don't even bother him. What bothers him is when we hold back. Remember, although this may sound strange, you can't really love someone until you love yourself.
- PAMPER HIM WHEN HE'S SICK Men love to be pampered, especially when they're sick. Make sure everything is comfortable and that he has his "special soup."
- LOOK HIM IN THE EYES Look your husband straight in the eyes when he talks to you. Not only will this show that you're interested in what he has to say, but there is something about looking straight into his eyes that will give you butterflies.
- DISPLAY YOUR WEDDING PHOTOS Don't tuck away your wedding photos after you've been married awhile, keep them on display. This will be a great reminder of how your love was at the beginning, and how much it has grown.
- DISPLAY YOUR MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE Frame the sacred document of your marriage. This will be a wonderful and constant reminder that your love is sealed, and you really do belong to each other.
- TRUST HIM Too many times wives just sit around and wait for their husbands to do something wrong. Cut him some slack and dare to believe in him.
- HAVE YOUR PHOTO MADE TOGETHER You may have done this when you were dating, but why not now? Get a current shot to place on the bedroom dresser or the desk at work.
- LET HIM WIN It is inevitable, even in healthy marriages, to argue occasionally. What would it really hurt to just let him win? At least you wouldn't be arguing.
- DON'T GO TO BED MAD Although you've probably heard this one for years, and it may have been your grandmother's first marriage advice to you, it is still true. Going to bed hurt or angry keeps feelings under the surface. When you wake up you don't want to continue the argument, so you you hold in your frustrations and they begin to mount. It's best to talk everything out, and fall asleep in each other's arms.
- DON'T COMPARE HIM Don't EVER, EVER compare your husband to another man - not even your father. Your husband is his own person and unique in his own ways. Love him for it.
- GREET HIM AT THE DOOR Don't wait for your husband to say, "Honey, I'm home!" Watch for him, and greet him at the door with a hug and kiss.
- MEND HIS CLOTHES Buy a sewing kit and repair those sock holes! Break down and sew on his popped-off buttons. This may increase his wardrobe by 20%!
- TALK IN CODE Pick a code word for something that only the two of you know the meaning for and say it openly in public. You'll have your own inside joke. This will help keep you close.
- HAVE A WRESTLING MATCH This will get you both laughing, and the closeness will be fun!
- WAKE HIM UP WITH KISSES Make his whole day go better by waking him up with kisses. He may even keep you there through breakfast!
- HELP HIM SHAVE This is a fun way to be close and to get you both laughing! (As long as your careful, that is).
- DEDICATE A SONG TO HIM Did you have a song that was "your song" while you were dating? Call up your local radio station and request it, and have them to dedicate it to your hubby!
- MAKE HIM A HEART-SHAPED BREAKFAST Make heart-shaped pancakes and heart-shaped toast! Trim little pads of butter into heart shapes as well.
- DON'T TRY TO BE HIS MOM Remember you are his wife, not his mother. Don't jump him every time he leaves something on the floor or his clothes don't match. It's OK to lovingly remind him, occasionally, but don't nag him.
- GRAB A KISS WHILE YOU WAIT Kiss your husband while you're waiting at the stoplight or in the food drive-through. Your wait won't seem near as long, and you may wish it could last a littler longer!
- FLIRT WITH HIM Just because you've snagged him, don't stop flirting! Wink at him, squeeze his muscles and, WHOOOO, or now that your married, it's not at all out of line to be a little bolder in your purpose.
- GO ON A LONG DRIVE Go for a long drive and sight see. This is an excellent chance to talk or just be in each other's company. The way gas prices are, you'd almost have to love someone in order to take a long drive. If you don't want to spend the gas, drive to a pretty park or lake and just stop and soak up the scenery while you talk and hold hands.
- BE HIS BEST FRIEND Let him feel confident that you'll always be there when needs to talk, to laugh, or even cry. Let him be free to be himself at all times and stick with him through the thick and thin.
- EAT AN ICE CREAM CONE TOGETHER Buy one, large cone, and eat it together at the same time. You may miss the cone, and touch his lips, which will even be sweeter!
- CHERISH THE SMALL THINGS Concentrate on the way he walks, the way he talks, his smile, or the way he says your name. These are really more important than you think, and no one can do it quite like him.
- HELP HIM WITH HIS CLOTHES Ask him to let you help with the buttoning or unbuttoning of his clothes as he's dressing or undressing. Caress him gently as you're doing it.
- KEEP YOURSELF ATTRACTIVE It's easy to fall into a "housewife" mode and just walk around in "cleaning clothes" with your hair twisted into a mess. That's OK while you're actually cleaning, but try to be more presentable by the time your husband sees you. Bathe, put on clean clothes and a dab of perfume, and set your hair nice.
- DON'T PUSH THE BUDGET It is important to learn to live within your means. If you can't afford certain things, don't buy them. Financial stress is very hard on marriages.
- DON'T COMPLAIN Don't complain about your standard of living or whine about the things that you don't have. If your husband is doing his best to provide for you, make the best with what you have. If you complain, this makes him feel that he is not a good provider, and this is a great blow to his self esteem.
- HAVE A PILLOW FIGHT If you must fight with your husband, do it with pillows! Make sure nothing is around that can break, then go into battle! See how long you can go without laughing.
- LOOK OUT FOR HIS HEALTH Encourage your husband to get plenty of sleep and exercise. Try to get him to keep medical and dental appointments. Cook healthy meals, and give him nutritional supplements.
- BUY HIM SOME SEXY BOXERS Buy several pairs of sexy shorts for him! Try silky, colorful, and glow in the dark! Make sure you tell him what a hunk he is while he's wearing them!
- WEAR THE LINGERIE HE LOVES Some wives love it, some dread it, but just make sure you wear it!
- DARE TO BE BOLD Too often, wives wait for their husbands to make the first move in the bedroom. Try showing little aggression yourself once in a while. This will majorly ignite your husband's passion, and the fireworks will begin!
- DON'T DEPRIVE HIM Husbands need sex probably more than wives need hugs and compliments. This is one of the main ways he feels loved. Naturally, there will be sometimes you don't feel like it. But even then, if you just give in, you will before it's over.
- SPLURGE OCCASIONALLY Although money is a precious commodity to many couples, try to find a way to splurge on something now and then. If you have children, find someone to care for them and get away for the weekend. If you can't afford a trip, find a hotel in or near your hometown with a jacuzzi. If it's still too costly, buy something that you both would enjoy, like a new CD.
- WORK ON YOUR WAYS It's easy to see and point out flaws in your husband, but if you're honest, you'll realize that you haven't earned a halo yet. Try to work on your own shortcomings and make yourself a better person.
- DON'T BE A PESSIMIST Try not to focus too much on the negative. Keep a positive outlook in your marriage.
- DON'T RUB IT IN IF YOU'RE RIGHT If you've disagreed on something and it turns out that you were right, don't gloat about it and throw it in his face.
- WASH EACH OTHERS HAIR Jump in the shower and suds up! Watch the water and soap trickle down his face as you wash his hair.
- EXAMINE HIS FEATURES Take a moment to delight in your husband's features. The shape of his nose, the set of his eyes. If he catches you staring, wink at him.
- SEEK HIS ADVICE Ask for your husband's input and advice on anything from children to what he might like to eat. This will let him know he's needed and that his thoughts are important.
- KEEP TIDY Keep things neat and tidy around the house. Decorate and make things look comfortable and welcoming.
- TALK ABOUT HIS INTERESTS Bring up a subject that interests him and listen to him talk. Even if the subject doesn't interest you, enjoy watching him as he gets stirred up over the topic.
- SHOP FOR HIM When you run to the store, see if there is something that you should pick up for him. This could save him a lot of time or keep him from missing a lunch break.
- KIDNAP HIM Plan a special evening, make all the arrangements, then show up at his job just as he gets off work. Tell him to get in the car and no questions. (Make sure you smile, so he don't get alarmed). Whisk him away for a fun-filled evening, then return to get his car later.
- RAKE LEAVES TOGETHER Go to your back yard and rake up a pile of leaves. Before you bag them up, play in them together.
- DON'T LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD If you can't read a novel without getting depressed over your love life, throw them away. Many books or movies can portray romance in very unrealistic ways. True love and romance is what he is already doing -providing for you and loving you unconditionally.
- GO CAMPING TOGETHER Find a good camp site and pitch a tent! Buy a two person sleeping bag.
- DON'T TALK HIS LEG OFF IF HE'S TIRED If your husband is tired and you need to talk to him, go straight to the bottom line and spare the details.
- SLOW DANCE IN YOUR BEDROOM Plug in some flashing lights and turn on some romantic music and start slow dancing. (Clothes optional).
- PLAY HIDE AND GO SEEK IN YOUR NIGHTIES Put on your sexiest negligee and challenge him to a game of hide and go seek. He'll say, "Ready or not, here I come!"
- MAKE LOVE UNDER THE STARS Find a secluded place and throw out a sleeping bag. Make love by the moonlight as you gaze at the stars.
- SIT IN FRONT OF A FIRE TOGETHER Snuggle up together in front of the fireplace and make out. If you don't have a fireplace, consider buying an electric one, these look realistic, and are still romantic.
- DOTE ON HIM Pick a night and wait on him hand and foot. Draw him a bath, fix his plate for him, and anything else that you can dream up!
- JUST SAY IT Make it a point to say the words I love you every single day, and mean it.
PLEASE DON"T FORGET TO LEAVE YOUR COMMENT!
KMac on February 20, 2018:
Well, Mayra, a much higher percentage of those who have adhered to this list in the '50's are probably still married. The list is sounding dated in some suggestions but at least try them and see if they make a difference. I know they work from 44 years of experience, as we just celebrated a very joyful, passionate, friendship-filled 44th Wedding Anniversary. Didn't you have a wise mama who told you the man may be the head but your the neck?! Be a team with your man, not a doormat nor a dominant over-zealous feminist, girl! And clean up the mouth. Who'd wanna kiss that?
Debz on May 01, 2017:
Really so great advice! I salute you! Let God be the center of everyone's relationship: Blessings!
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on March 24, 2017:
Every point is valuable in a marriage and I agree with you.!
LADY JOY on February 07, 2017:
This is indeed a great job.
keep it up
my husband is the best in all
Akriti Mattu from Shimla, India on June 01, 2015:
What a lovely piece :)
Willicia Dickinson from Augusta, GA on November 07, 2014:
I love this list, will def be printing and using it. I plan to do all 101.
holly gregg on October 23, 2014:
my gratitude is priceless as well as the teachings you have taught me. I will now try and apply so we can survive through the most peacefull, happiest, desired, real love, god striving marriages we could ever wish for. I pray for progress never perfection god. In Jesus name I pray. A man.
Pearline Prakash on March 16, 2014:
This is great, I thought I lost him almost, but this worked wonders in my marriage life. Thank you.
Tesha on December 11, 2013:
this is a great list
Crystal on October 30, 2013:
I just absolutely love this! Great ideas!
Mrs C. on October 29, 2013:
Thank you so much for this great advice. I pray that I will not only read this put this into practice .God bless you.
Bwebwererei on October 21, 2013:
it is a great advice, i think i will try to focus on some of the great list shows and hopefully that things will work out. I really love my husband and i thinn, if i try to do any other ways to greet him, everything will goes right.
RushDI on September 09, 2013:
Thnx .. Its a nice list & v much helpful :)
ASHLEY on September 02, 2013:
I FOUND THIS WEBSITE AND I AM SO VERY GLAD THAT I DID I AM HAVEING TROUBLES MYSELF AND I WAS LOST AND I DID NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO OR WHERE TO EVEN BEGIN I HAD SOME IDEAS BUT THIS PAGE HAS REALLY HELPED ME AND I AND WHEN I GET OFF WORK AT 7AM I AM GONNA GO HOME AND DO SOME OF THESE THINGS AND SHOW MY HUSBAND THAT I AM IN THIS FOR THE LONG HAUL AND I AM JUST HOPING THAT ITS NOT TO LATE PRAY THAT ITS NOT TO LATE. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP
KumsUVliz on August 22, 2013:
Thank you for the help, it is so true that we sometimes forget the little things and i am going to start concentrating on the 101 things and make my marriage the best it's been. Thank you very much for the advice.
LadyWalt on August 15, 2013:
So, I'm away from my husband tonight and as I'm sitting here missing him, I found myself focused on things he hasn't done. I had to catch myself and reverse my thinking and as the blog suggested, focusing on what he IS and HAS done and IS doing. So, I thought I'd look up things I could be doing instead. I learned some new ideas. Thanks!
Me on July 30, 2013:
Wow this is awesome! I have done most of this but never all the time. I wonder what a man would act like if you did this all the time. He would eventually be the man of your dreams.
Jean Elizabeth Paul on July 29, 2013:
Great advice..!! Didn't know some guys loved gals fussing over them....all the ones i know absolutely hate it...anyway...these little somethings will definitely make a happy marriage.
ganga on June 21, 2013:
ur words are really nic and it will helpful for my marriage lifr...thank uuuuuuu so much...
ThatGuy on April 27, 2013:
Great list. Not all of these ideas will suit everyone's tastes; however the ideas and meaning behind these gestures are spot on. As a husband who can't help but feel underappreciated in my own relationship, it warms my heart knowing that there are those out there that will use these so simple of gestures to show their loved one that they still care.
Sweets on April 08, 2013:
I absolutely love this blog. I think that it gave some great pointers and I know that through my own experience, some of these things have worked. When a man feels that his woman is genuine and that he is appreciated and wanted, then it is nothing that he won't do for her. in the meantime, I will continue to do for the love of my life with some of the great suggestions mentioned herein. I would like to mention to the ladies reading the comments a book entitled Fascinating Womanhood. It is an awesome book that I have read. I am going to read it yet again to remind me of the benefits of being a fascinating woman to my man. Although some of the techiniques and ideas in the book may be considered "old fashioned" I have tested and tried them and they all are true and accurate methods of securing relationships and making your man be a man and happy.
sarah on March 19, 2013:
Everything sounds great on this list. The only suggestion I have is that "Pray for him" be #1
KaviSundar on February 21, 2013:
I like all ideas..Thanks for that
Jasnav on February 19, 2013:
Very nice stuff! Sure to keep the good ol' marriage fired up!
Intimacy in marriage comes from love within, and a little help along the way definitely doesn't hurt!
Though some parts are common with the 'husbands' article, guess some things work both ways. Gems of wisdom!
jkang219 from California on January 29, 2013:
This is fantastic! Thanks for all of these wonderful ideas!
Kat on January 25, 2013:
I love this I cant wait to do this
shay on January 19, 2013:
i so appreciate this list! it reminds me not to focus on either one of our faults but to remember why i fell in love with my husband in the first place. thank you!
Grace! on December 21, 2012:
These are great! I have been doing some of these with my boyfriend! (not all) and they have really helped out relationship blossom into something beautiful! He really is a wonderful man and I would just say always slow down and enjoy him! As women we tend to run around like crazy and never enjoy our men! Just take time to enjoy him!
Grace on December 11, 2012:
I will definitely try and do everything on the list...I am sure I will do some more than others...Thank you for the blog
REMYA DAVID on December 03, 2012:
THE GREATEST GIFT THAT I HAVE GOT FROM GOD IS MY LOVING HUBBY DAVID. I PRAISE GOD FOR HIS LIFE. I PRAY THAT LET MY WILL BE A GREAT BLESSING TO HIM TILL ETERNITY
its+true on December 01, 2012:
Your post is great. My husband and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary with our two children (29 and 27). I went through your list and I could have ticked off many. You have great insight!! A marriage is only successful when both parties feel validated. A husband's list would mirror what you have posted, as it takes two to make a marriage work. Great post!!
jesupman on November 17, 2012:
@AnnaR. Maybe you have been attorneys too long and think that you always have to be the winner in every argument. Marriage is a give and take and always putting God first, your mate second, your children third and everything else last. It is not being condescending-it is showing love as an action and not a feeling. I sense a lot of pain and anger in your comments.
As a man, thank you blessed mommy for this list!
Betty (Alawine) Overstreet from Vacaville, Ca. on November 16, 2012:
I can see why you have so many followers! This is a wow hub, with lots of great ideas for keeping our man happy. I pray that he is as thoughtful , or at least half as thoughtful as you are toward him. I'm going to let my husband read it-he could get some good ideas. He is a wonderful husband but I just can't get him to massage my feet!! Darn. and yes, I do massage his once in a while to give him the idea, doesn't help! I am going to link your hub to the last one I did. Mine was a mini compared to yours so I want to be sure my followers get a chance to read yours. Have a great weekend!
Mama Jay on November 14, 2012:
God bless you for this article. At least I can say that my marriage is on the right track but I'm always looking for ways to keep my Best Friend happy! Thank you for not only sharing but inspiring me to be the best wife that I can be!
marlene on November 13, 2012:
GREAT LIST AND EVERY YOU SAID DOES MAKE GOOD SENSE SO THANK my husband is a wonderful , good ,honest God fearing MAN.
hisforever on November 06, 2012:
@annaR, I think that you do not quite understand what a marriage is made of. I believe that if you tried some of these methods on your husband, he would show his love more than he does now. You may like it the way it is now, but I'm sure it would become even better! Men rely on kind words and actions from their wives. It builds them up and shows them that we believe in them.
My husband is a very caring person, and is constantly doing nice things for me, but I can tell you, there is a HUGE difference when I do things for him... Like telling him that I bought something new and winking. He LOVES it! Or just leaving some candy and a love note in his car! It makes a world of difference.
I'm not saying that you need to do this to make it work, and that he shouldn't say " she doesn't show it, so why should I". You are doing what Christ has commanded us as wives to do. And that is to serve and love our husbands, just as our husbands are to love us as Christ loved the church.
I hope I haven't offended you, I'm just trying to show you where I believe you are wrong.
Melvina on November 05, 2012:
That's very nice, wish i was marry. I can do this to my husband to be?
hisforever on November 01, 2012:
@QBug, I must say, a marriage takes work to make it last! And these are so great ideas to do that! I'm not saying that you are wrong, I'm just saying that I disagree with you.
And thank you very much for these ideas! I can't wait to try them on my husband!
QBug on October 31, 2012:
I'm pretty sure you are making this too difficult. My husband and I read this together, shaking our head at the different suggestions. Most of them had us cringing. My husband said that if there was a "World's Best Husband Sign" in our yard he would be too embarrassed to come home. And meeting him at the door, putting his picture on my computer, and having a bumper sticker about him? Way too clingy for us.
Treat each other with respect and kindness. Say "I love you". Be silly together. Boom. If you need a list of 101 things, you are having to try way too hard.
Carisa Gourley (author) from Oklahoma City Metro, Oklahoma on October 12, 2012:
Yes, Margaret, it's very romantic that he provides and lets me stay home with our four children and homeschool them. We don't have a lot of "things" but we have values, memories and lots of love! He doesn't "make" me stay home, he "allows" me to stay home! Yes, very romantic indeed!
Margaret on October 10, 2012:
A lot of this is really good advice about marriage, relationships, and just life in general- I especially like the tips about realism and optimism.
Just wanted to point out a tiny trend of sexism- it's romantic that he provides for you? Pretty outdated. I know that I'm just nitpicking though.
honey on October 03, 2012:
i had my engagement 2 months before and our marriage is next year 2013 ..we both love each other.this will help me to keep my hubby happy thank u blessedmommy for ur wonderfull suggestion.i will keep dis in my mind n follow after marriage
HisWife on September 30, 2012:
Love this!!! I do many of these already but there are many that I want to try as well. Thank you!!
Zipporah on August 23, 2012:
I have married for 15 years and my first car that l bought I wrote at the back " I LOVE MY HUSBAND "and that words has strengthen our love and my husband was pride of those words. The four words I LOVE MY HUSBAND has made my husband change my car for me . Kofi thanks for the new car and as the day grows from days into weeks , weeks into months and the months into years so shall our affection for each other be. In fact it works!!!!!!!!!!!
Milee on August 22, 2012:
I have done it to impress my love, lets c wht happens next mornin. Awaitin
bola on July 23, 2012:
great work keep it up
Jo-Anne on July 14, 2012:
I'm a married woman for 9years and have 2 boys.I'm a believer and follower of God.I've had some tough times in my marriage and want to make my relationship as it was when we first fell in love....so romantic and beautiful it was! so I'm defnitely going to do 5 a day and feel that if you do your part your husband will see all the love displaying in you and then he might surprize u and do the same I'm gonna start tomorrow so thanks a lot and pray God will bless you
Joy on June 22, 2012:
I tried some of tips yesterday and the result was amazing. Thank you so much.
Sri on June 13, 2012:
Good Idea Keep It Up
Forsee on June 12, 2012:
To D-Cee and anyone thinking this applies to live in boyfriends, it doesn't. Women who live with men outside of a married commitment can't expect much. Men don't respect what they don't have to make an effort to acquire. I know this from experience.
hair bender on June 02, 2012:
ok, so after re-reading this list, and copying it to remind me, this is what's gonna happen.
#8,#27,#17,#31,#30,#42,#48,#59,#75,#78,#85,followed by #96,#97 and definitely #98 followed by #101!
munira on June 02, 2012:
for your 101 ways to keep partner happy
Maryam bunameen on May 31, 2012:
Yeh,iam just newly wed,and pray may almighty GOD Help and enhance my marriage.
hair bender on May 30, 2012:
I did this list for my hubby while we were dating except I did "The Top Twenty-Five Reasons I'm In Love With You". This was 10 years ago and he still has them in his Bible! Great hub and great suggestions!
I told my best friend's daughter to do the same and she could not come up with even 5. I told her she was not ready for marriage and she wasn't.
Kayla on May 27, 2012:
My husband and I will be married One Year in July! He's actually deployed right now but this list is perfect for when he comes home. Ive even been able to use some of these ideas for care packages! Thanks so much for this list!!!
dej on May 22, 2012:
i did too! awesome... its really work!! thanks for this, it really help! just put God in the center of everything esp. in the relationship He is in control and He is truly faithful...those 101 ways will be a bid help too to every1.. God bless!
MaBree on May 16, 2012:
This is so helpful ,am gona be a good wife frm today onwards.thanx a million times
gn on May 02, 2012:
works for me wll!, thanks
FLOR DANO on May 02, 2012:
THANKS FOR A GOOD IDEA IT WILL BE A GREAT HELP TO THOSE MARRIED ONE MORE POWER AND GOD BLESS
Pvt Gunter on April 29, 2012:
Hey thanks for everything! Since before we were married i've been trying to help our relationship out. These simple guidings. Are a true blessing. We're just starting out, Jan 28 2012. But I know for a fact that if i continue to strive at accomplishing a few of these a day, my wife will be one happy and satisfied woman. Thank you so much!
Carol S. on April 27, 2012:
Very good ideas...thanks for the input. I will have to try a few of them...
Misty on April 16, 2012:
Great list!! Your list will help me a lot, and was also an eye opener. It was much needed for me to find this right now.. god works in mysterious ways. Thank you!
kavzrasz on April 14, 2012:
this is a lovely blog..thanks alot !!!
Joeana on April 10, 2012:
I do love my husband and I'm doing most of them to him because is doing his best to be a good father and husband. I always saying I LOVE YOU DADDY every single day and everytime I have a chance to say that to him even we are facing difficulties. I am happily married.
lovely annie on April 05, 2012:
its nice thoughts and tips , it help me to be a good wife to my hubby...
Tanya D on April 05, 2012:
Great List......... it really helps:).
soumya on March 29, 2012:
Nice Guidelines especially for newly married couples
Military mike on March 29, 2012:
Omg where have this book been this is the most wonderful book on man and how they think I wish my wife,would just know that we men are very simple minded creatures everything here might possible save my marriage if ,once again I said if,my wife would read this omg
Katie on March 23, 2012:
Thanks for the ideas, I'll definitely use some of them. I would add: Compliment him and read a book together.
zoe on March 13, 2012:
lovely well said
Janice Ice on March 12, 2012:
Great suggestions....As a married woman if many years I would add...Always kiss your husband good-night. Even if he is in the basement working on a late night project it is worth the effort to go down those stairs and Kiss him good-night.
matumbwe john on March 09, 2012:
I RALLY LOVE ALL OF THEM AND I WILL ALWAYS READ THEM SO THAT I MASTER THEM AND WOULD APPLY THEM WHEN I GET TO LIVE WITH HER AND ABOVE ALL I LIKE THE WORSHIP TOGETHER POINT!! A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER REAL STAYS TOGETHER AND I WILL WRITE THIS INSCRIPTION AND PUT IN OUR BED SO SHE WOULD FIND IT THERE THAT 'THE WORLD'S GREATEST LIVES IN THIS ROOM'.
PMB on March 06, 2012:
Will 4lo ur ways
2 save life on March 03, 2012:
Inshort is the key to love.
Kailey on February 29, 2012:
This was such a wonderful list! I found myself smiling while reading it and getting so excited to try some of these creative ideas that are so crucial and precious to a God-Centered, healthy, and forever marriage!
priyajordan on February 29, 2012:
very nice....think it will help a lot
Hayleigh on February 28, 2012:
I love this. I was happy to know that my husband and I are already on the right track. This was a good reminder to keep it up!
Biny on February 23, 2012:
THANKS FOR THE GREAT COMMENTS.... REALLY WONDERFULL
avie on February 22, 2012:
what a nice words..i admire u to wrote this kind of words..i apply this on my self..
CAROL on February 21, 2012:
GREAT IDEAS! LOVE 'EM
Lori on February 18, 2012:
oops! I'm still in my pj's! ;)
great advice, love doing things for my fiance!
fay on February 18, 2012:
This may help save my marriage. thank u
dairene on February 17, 2012:
it's nice and sooo cute
luv on February 15, 2012:
very helpful,thank you very much for these. i will apply most of them for my husband to make our marriage last. i love him so much.
jhoy on February 13, 2012:
thanks for the ideas i will do some of them,i really love my husband...he is my life
pinky on February 13, 2012:
The 101 ways to please husband are marvellous. True indeed and blessing in disguise for any couple. These 101 ways should not only be read but should be put into practice. Am sure any one who apply at least one way each week in its marries life, there surely gonna be some positive change in married life. Thank you for these priceless 101 ways and may god bless you.
Evie on February 12, 2012:
I appreciate your advice... Thanks. If you LOVE your husband, whats so wrong with going the extra mile for him? :-)
Alice on February 11, 2012:
VICTORIA on February 06, 2012:
i love the list and i just came across it today. i will certaintly start working on it. you have done a good work. more greeze to your elbow.
Bridget on February 03, 2012:
This is awesome. :) Thanks for compiling it!
Oge on February 03, 2012:
Liz on February 02, 2012:
Great list! I love it!
emerlina nuñez on January 24, 2012:
very nice tips... thank you. now i learned a lot on how to improve my relationship with my husband.
SARA H on January 24, 2012:
AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIPS, REALLY THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THEM, STUFF THAT NEVER CROSSED MY MIND!!! THX :)
Bonny M on January 23, 2012:
Wow, its very true and I am glad I have been on a right track with some. It works. I am going to use more I picked from here to boosts my love for my man.
Sabina Anastacio on January 20, 2012:
This is one of the very best advice I've ever came across in my marriage. Thank you a million times!!!!
And God Almighty Bless you.
gee gatbonton gulapa on January 19, 2012:
you are blessing from above for us
DD on January 19, 2012:
This is a wonderful list. Most of these I do automatically for my husband, and he automatically does most of the things on the list for how husbands should treat wives. We have always seen marriage as a partnership, we keep communication levels high and open, and we don't sweat the small stuff. I think these things have made it so easy for us to do the things on these lists without even making a conscious effort to do them. They just come so naturally. We will celebrate our 6th anniversary.
Jennifer Flanders on January 18, 2012:
I decorate his car on our anniversary every year with a sign and streamers. Something on the order of: "Just Married 25 Years -- And My Wife STILL Adores Me!"
Gowri R. on January 17, 2012:
superb ways to tel i love u to my husband