#5 Hub of the 30/30 Challenge
Is there someone that you like, but you just don't know how to get their attention? Better yet, is there someone that you have been crushing on for a long time, and you are now ready to make your move?
If that's the case, then I am going to tell you 10 different ways to flirt with your crush!
- Get to know your crush. If you like someone, then the best thing to do is to get to know them. Find out what you guys have in common, and build from there. It can be easier to get to know your crush, and then develop a relationship with them, because this can give you guys quality time to talk, and find out things about each other that are attractive.
- Make a nice gesture. Do something for your crush that will catch their eye. Gift giving can be a great way to make sure your crush sees you. Gifts do not have to extravagant, they just have to be thoughtful.
- Compliments will take you far. If you think he or she is cute, let them know! Complimenting them can be a GREAT way to let your crush know how you feel, and how much you think about them.
- DO NOT OVERDO IT. Don't over do your actions. Don't try to hard, and don't take your self too seriously. You don't want to repel your crush. Doing too much for another person can also come across as needy or creepy in some cases.
- Flirt with your body. Touching of the hands, giving someone a hug, giving someone a compliment, sitting right next to your crush. All of these things can be considered flirtatious moves. Make sure that when you do flirt, that your crush sees you. There is nothing worse than flirting with someone, and not having that someone pay attention to you.
- Be subtle. If you want to get the attention of your crush, do make sure that you are subtle, and clear. If your intentions are to give this person a hug, then work up to that. Before they leave the room, say " see you later" lean in and give them a hug. Flirting can be as simple as that most of the time. If you want to work up the courage to ask this person out, then simply find a way to invite them out to a lunch, and make sure you compliment them as you go out. This way, you can tell them what your intentions are.
- Work up to the bigger gestures. DO NOT try to give your crush a dozen Roses, when you are just getting to know them. This can give them the wrong impressions of you, and there is nothing more horrible than having to be turned down BEFORE you even get to know your crush.
- Be aware that your crush may not respond to your advances. Even when you do try, there will be times when your crush may just not be into you. In these cases, just keep it simple, when your crush says "hi", say hi right back. Do not try to make more happen, when he or she just isn't ready for it. Start by being a friend to your crush, and once again, build from there!
- Make eye contact whenever possible. Who are you talking to? The wind? Look at your crush, and let them know that you are listening! This is a great way to let your crush know just how much of an amazing listener you are, and they will want to talk to you more! Sometimes to get the attention of others, we have to go a step further to prove that we have true feelings for another person.
- keep it light and Genuine. Make sure that you genuinely interested in the person that you are putting so much thought into. There is nothing worse than finding out, that the person that you like, doesn't take you seriously because they are just playing with you. Be aware that flirting can also lead to heartbreak, because most of the time the person that you are flirting with, doesn't see that way. In these cases, don't take it too seriously, and if you want, stay friends with this person.
Flirting doesn't have to be hard, it can even be fun. Just make sure that when you are flirting that you have fun with this, and that you are respectful.
Melody West from 44 imudia st. Agbor,Delta state,Nigeria. on November 08, 2019:
Wow , great tips
Deninson Mota from East Elmhurst, NY on May 16, 2014:
U nailed it. I mean if u have been through this u can tell that everything makes perfect sense.
Kenneth Avery from Hamilton, Alabama on May 14, 2014:
Fantastic hub, Jessi!
Practical, intelligent and do-able advice. Thanks for sharing. Voted Up and all the choices because you deserved it.
I enjoy your writing style, lay-out and presentation.
Keep up the great work.
Kenneth/ from northwest Alabama
Hailey on June 25, 2013:
Awesome hub Jessi, sometimes it's very hard to approach your crush and not to look stupid, gread job, thanks for sharing. I have a hub about flirting so you are welcome to read it, if interested.
Keke Jones on July 20, 2012:
lol Donna! I know wat it feels like 2 b in ur position I have been through it as well:/
Donna on May 27, 2012:
There's this guy I like, but I ignore him for some reason. :/
His flirting is kinda annoying.
Ppearl on May 25, 2012:
I think flirting is fun though ive never tried it with my guy
kelleyward on March 27, 2012:
I've never been a big flirt but I do have to admit the idea is fun! Great hub!
Jaspal Singh from India / Australia on February 23, 2012:
Wonderful Tips. I will try. Voted up
writing4action on February 08, 2012:
Well, if a man wants a girl, she will not have to do that much for him, because he already wants her.
ThoughtSandwiches from Reno, Nevada on February 06, 2012:
Flirting is fun. It is also kind of painful to watch when I practice the art. I shall be taking detailed notes on the above.
Linda Bilyeu from Orlando, FL on February 06, 2012:
Flirting is fun. No matter the age. Good tips!
Deninson Mota from East Elmhurst, NY on February 06, 2012:
Hey Jessi I see that you've been doing some research. Or maybe those are your own tactics. They make perfect sense to me. Unlike molometer I don't need a time machine. Lol just kidding. I just need to start going out more often because lately I've sitting at home and working out.
Micheal from United Kingdom on February 06, 2012:
Hi Jessi10 interesting advice, now all I need is a time machine lol. Voted up and SHARING