Anamika S. Jain has been a social media consultant for six years. She has written more than 200 articles on relationships and dating.
Hollywood Celebrity Marriages and Divorces
Love and Break ups are quite common in the Celebrity World. There are many love relationships where the couples got married only to end up in divorce after some time. Here is a list of Hollywood’s Top ten celebrity couples who were not lucky enough to have a successful marriage or love relationship.
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston
- Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman
- Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford
- Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett
- Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson
- Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton
- Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Gisele Bundchen
- Marc Antony and Jennifer Lopez
- Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
10 Most talked about Celebrity Divorces or Break ups
It takes the efforts of two people to make any relationship successful. Here is a list of some of the popular and most talked about Celebrity Divorces or Breakups. What went wrong with this famous couples relationships? Some of them are known while some stay a mystery.
- Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston:The fairy tale romance and marriage of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston ended in divorce after 4 years. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Joanna Aniston met on a blind date set up by their agents in 1998. The couple got married in a lavish ceremony in Malibu on July 29, 2000. The marriage was first for both. What was the Reason for break up? It is said that it was the inappropriate friendship of Brad Pitt and Angelina during the filming of Mr. & Mrs. Smith is what led to the break up. Brad Pitt is presently with Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Aniston is dating Justin Theroux.
- Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman: Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman met in December 1989 in the sets of their movie Days of Thunder. They got married on the Christmas Eve in 1990. Tom divorced his then wife Mimi Rogers to marry Nicole. The couple has an adopted daughter Isabella Jane and a son Connor Anthony. The Couple got separated in May, 1998. After the divorce Tom Cruise had a whirlwind romance with Katie Homes who is 16 years younger to him. He married Katie after dating her for 2 months in an elaborate staged wedding in Italy on November 18, 2006. Nicole Kidman married singer Keith Urban in the year 2006.
- Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford: Richard Tiffany Gere married Super Model Cindy Crawford who was 17 years younger to him in 1991. This marriage lasted only for 3 years. After the divorce Richard revealed that the age gap and his reluctance to start a family were majorly responsible for the split. Richard Gere married model and actress Carey Lowell later and they have a son Homer James Jigme Gere who is named after Gere's father. Cindy Crawford is married to Rande Gerber since May 29, 1998. The couple has two children, Presley Walker and Kaia Jordan.
- Julia Roberts and Lyle Lovett: Julia Roberts and country singer Lyle Lovett met on the set of ‘The Player’ and hit it off immediately. They were married in less than 2 years on June 25, 1993 in a church ceremony in Indiana. However, this couple got separated in March 1995. Their split was amiable and the two are still friends. The reason for the divorce is said to be Julia’s busy schedule which resulted in the couple being apart most of the time. Julia Roberts met cameraman Daniel Moder at the sets of her film The Mexican in 2000 and got married to him on July 4, 2002. They have 3 children together, twins Hazel Patricia Moder and Phinnaeus Finn Walter Moder and Henry Daniel Moder.
- Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson: Kate Hudson and Chris Robinson met at a party in 1999. They got married in 2000 and the couple has a son named Ryder Russell. After 6 years of marriage they finally divorced in 2007.
- Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton: Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton met on the Film set “Pushing Tin” in 1999 and subsequently married in May 2000. Angelina was 20 years younger than Billy Bob. This couple soon grew apart and no longer had anything in common as per a comment made by Angelina Jolie after their divorce in 2003. Angelina Jolie is now happily married to Brad Pitt.
- Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon: Tim Robbins and Susan Sarandon met in 1988 while starring in Bull Durham, and have been a happy couple ever since. However, they never got married. This older woman and younger man relationship lasted for 23 years. They have two sons together, John Jack Henry and Miles Guthrie. Susan Sarandon was previously married to Chris Sarandon, whom she met in college. They got married in the year 1967 and divorced in 1979.
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Gisele Bundchen: Leonardo DiCaprio met Brazilian Model Gisele Bundchen in 2001 with whom he had an on and off relationship until their separation in 2005. Gisele married Tom Brady in the year 2009 and has a son (Benjamin Rein Brady) together. It was first marriage for Gisele while Tom was earlier married to actress Briget Moynahan with whom he had a son. Leonardo DiCaprio’s last romantic relationship was with actress Blake Lively which ended in October 2011.
- Marc Antony and Jennifer Lopez: After the failure of her first 2 marriages, Jennifer Lopez rushed into marriage for the third time with Marc Antony. Marc also was married twice before marrying Jennifer. The couple got married on June 5, 2004. On July 15, 2011, Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez announced their separation.
- Bruce Willis and Demi Moore: Bruce Willis and Demi Moore met at the premiere of the film Stakeout. The couple got married on November 21, 1987. They have 3 daughters, Rumer Willis, Scout LaRue Willis and Tallulah Belle Willis. They got divorced on October 18, 2000. Why did Demi Moore and Bruce Willis divorce? The reason is said to Willis’s failure as a father and a husband. Bruce Willis, however, has maintained a close relationship with both Demi Moore and Aston Kutcher after the divorce. Demi was previously married to Freddy Moore from 1980 to 1985 but for Bruce Willis it was his first marriage. In the year 2005, Demi Moore got married to Ashton Kutcher which turned out to be another famous younger man and older woman relationship. However, the rumors are that all is not well in the relationship at the moment. Bruce Willis married Emma Heming in the year 2009. The latest news is Demi Moore's announcement that her marriage to Ashton Kutcher has ended and that she is filing for divorce.
However, this list does not end here. There are many more famous Couples who broke up. Some of them are
- Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon
- Arnold Schwarzenneger and Maria Shriver
- Guy Ritchie and Madonna
- Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman
- Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor
- Ryan Reynolds and Scarlett Johansson
- Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger
- Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan
- Woody Allen and Mia Farrow
- Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams
- Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes
- Eva Longoria and Tony Parker
- Sandra Bullock and Jesse James
- Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger
- Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
- Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
- Heidi Klum and Seal
- Tom Cruise and Katie Homes
Have I left any couple out? Feel free to add them through comments.
Latest News - Another Celebrity Divorce on the Way
After Heidi Klum filed divorce from her Husband of 7 years (Singer and Song Writer Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel), it is the turn of Actress Katie Homes to end her 5 year old marriage with Hollywood star Tom Cruise. Tom's attachment to the Church of Scientology (founded by L. Ron Hubbard, a science fiction writer) is rumored to be the reason of the split. Saving Suri from Scientology is said to be the main reason behind Katie's break up with Tom. Katie is trying to get the sole custody of Suri, while Tom is determined to get the joint custody of Suri along with her. Katie Homes may only get £10 million as promised in the pre-nupital agreement as settlement from Tom Cruise. However, Katie is said to have hired high profile lawyers to fight her case.
There are also strong rumors that Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore have been secretly meeting and the couple may be heading for a reconciliation. This could be true as the divorce papers have yet to be filed even after many months of separation.
- Why do some Younger Men like Older or Mature Women?
- Best Films on Older Woman and Younger Man Relationships
- What is with Younger Women dating or marrying Older Men?
By Lori from USA on October 19, 2012:
I think what led to Brad and Jennifer's break up had as much to do with the fact he met his real soul mate,Angelina as it was the fact that Jennifer bored him and she is actually a rather limited person. He and Angelina have much more in common. Both are both A-list actors,humanitarians and both wanted children very much. I'm happy that he found Angelina. He's a real doll and one of the most talented actors on Hollywood. He was totally riveting when he played the part of Jesse James.
Jools Hogg from North-East UK on May 15, 2012:
Nice hub, lots of split couples out there! Nobosy would wan to live out their relationships in front of the whole world though.
Spunk on March 09, 2012:
For the record, Tom never married to actress Briget Moynahan
Frieda on February 05, 2012:
Now, Seal and Heidi Klum are divorcing.
divorceinnewyork on January 22, 2012:
I doubt that we'll see Brad and Angelina joining this list
Anamika S Jain (author) from Mumbai - Maharashtra, India on November 19, 2011:
@Californialawyer Thanks! Most people do not value what they have when they have it and regret later. So it is best that we learn from other peoples experiences.
@strangers This Hub was written before their breakup. However, now they are on the list. Thanks for the suggestion.
strangers on November 10, 2011:
you left kim kardashion out. 72 days of marriage wow!! i feel so bad for kris!
californialawyer from Georgia on October 28, 2011:
Great hub. Knowing such sad endings in a relationship also makes us more aware of our own relationships. It is a lesson learned for me, I should really do my best to keep my present relationship. Thank you for sharing this one.
Anamika S Jain (author) from Mumbai - Maharashtra, India on October 23, 2011:
Yeah, It's really sad! Thanks for the visit and comment Elena.
Elena from London, UK on October 23, 2011:
Interesting Article - I was shocked to read about the recent one with JLO. What is up with these guys....? They have lovely baby Twins too.