Stop Oil Teach don't Preach
From the beginning of April 2022, the 'Stop Oil' protesters have been arrested over 2,000 times, with five of the Activists still in prison.
On the 8th of November, protesters hit the M25 for the second day climbing the gantries, or bridges in four different counties. Kent, Essex, Surrey, and Hertfordshire.
They disrupt parents on the school run trying to get their kids to school on time, and working people desperate to get to their jobs.
From 7 am the police desperately tried to get them down and clear the motorways.
Not only have they caused this disruption, but a lot of the protesters have also damaged buildings by spray painting them.
A few weeks ago activists targeted the National Gallery showering soup over Van Gogh's Sunflowers.
Luckily the painting was covered by the glass so the damage was minimal.
My question is, do these people know what they are doing?
Well, let's face it, most of them have no idea.
Their heart is in the right place, but they are rushing around like headless chickens.
Let's take a look at the reasons behind this madness.
Colin Brazier Interview
Save the Climate, Save the Planet
Why are these people determined to disrupt our everyday lives?
To be fair, they do have a very good reason. And nobody can, or should, argue with that.
We do need to stop global warming. Our planet is precious, and I totally understand where they are coming from.
I have nothing against their reasoning, but the way they are going about it is completely wrong.
The 'Stop Oil' campaign is a simple one. It's about Fossil fuels and the damage they cause.
We all want to save the planet. And fossil fuels are one of the main contentions.
Global warming is a real scientifically proven fact. Over the last one hundred years, our world has warmed by 1.5 Fahrenheit.
In fact, ever since 1980, we have had eleven of the warmest years in known history. 1995 is the worse yet.
Higher latitudes have warmed much faster than equatorial regions.
The 'Stop Oil' protesters blame Fossil Fuels and demand that we stop using them in every single country.
They do this by laying on the motorways, spraying paint on walls, and trying to ruin thousands of pounds worth of Art to prove their point.
Why? What on earth do you think you will achieve by laying in a road or spraying someones house?
The Point Is...
So, let's get back to the main point, shall we?
There are so many reasons why the activists are doing this completely wrong.
For a start, the whole world knows about Global Warming. We are all aware that fossil fuels may be the main problem.
I say maybe because let's be honest here, there are many factors involved in global warming. Fossil fuels, car exhausts, too many people smoking, cows farting, yes I know, I didn't have to throw that in, but it is the truth.
And maybe even more importantly, how much is caused by humans and how much by natural warming due to the Earth's rotation, its axis, and solar radiation?
For more in-depth reading, please click below:
So yes, we all know what is happening.
The trouble is, what we do not know is how to rectify the situation.
What can we do to change it?
Yes, we have nuclear power, etc, but is there any other way to change our world to become safer, have less carbon monoxide, and so on?
And that there lies the problem.
Instead of ranting and raving, throwing paint and soup at Art, lying in the middle of the motorway, and not only causing disruption but allowing car exhaust fumes to poison our air a thousand times more than it normally does, maybe checking the facts will help?
Do you know how dangerous the chemicals in car exhaust fumes are?
- Carbon Dioxide - Not poisonous
- Carbon Monoxide - Poisonous
- Benzene - Health Hazard
- Nitrogen Oxides- Highly poisonous
Now, do you get my point?
By laying on the roads, and stopping cars from going about their business, these people, these so-called activists are actually poisoning the air and damaging people's health!
In a nutshell, they are killing more people.
Where is the intelligence behind this sort of mentality?
Nope, you don't need to answer that.
Stationary Cars = Stagnant Air
Do you know how dangerous the chemicals in car exhaust fumes are?
If protesters cause cars to stop this is what happens!
Carbon Dioxide - Not poisonous
Carbon Monoxide - Poisonous
Benzene - Health Hazard
Nitrogen Oxides- Highly poisonous
Throwing Soup at Van Gogh
Stop acting like a child and be a Teacher
The most common sense thing to do is not rant and rave, throw paint, etc.
Nobody will listen to you. In fact, you irritate the crap out of them!
Because we are sick and tired of protesters STATING THE OBVIOUS!
It doesn't matter what age they are, they all seem to be acting like three-year-olds.
If they have any sense they would realize that, to get our attention, it has to be done with sense and compassion.
Let people hear your voice.
Speak with common sense.
Instead of acting like a child throwing your toys from your cot, turn it around and do it properly.
We do not need the same old rhetoric thrown down our throats. What we want is:
- Set up stalls along the side of the roads, with pamphlets explaining and guiding people on how to change from fossil fuels to sustainable materials and explain what they are.
- Show people how to use those sustainable materials. And discuss what to use instead of fossil fuels.
- Show and learn, that is the answer.
- Obviously, we have a long way to go, but this is a good start.
- You need to grab people's attention and hold it!
- At the moment, all you are doing is annoying everyone with your repeated silly actions.
- And last but not least, stop treating the general public like idiots. Don't forget, we are part of nature too. We would help if you asked us. As long as it is an intelligent idea, backed up with facts, figures, and practical things to do.
Just remember this,
WE ALREADY KNOW ABOUT GLOBAL WARMING!
It's not Groundhog Day. Stop repeating yourselves over and over and...
Well, you get my point.
Now go out and teach.
Before you go, check out the Fossil Fuel facts below.
What are the four main Fossil Fuels?
The main four fossil fuels are:
Orimulsion a substance made from natural bitumen and water.
Fossil Fuels. The Good and the Bad.
Okay, so what are fossil fuels, and why are they bad?
Well, let's look at their good points first.
- They can generate large amounts of electricity.
- They can be found very easily too.
- Being cost affective is a bonus.
- Oil and gas can be easily transmitted through pipelines for less money and with more ease.
- They never run out, as they are a natural source from the earth.
Let's take a look at the bad points.
Okay, here comes the bad. This is what the environmentalists and scientists agree on.
- They are dangerous to produce.
- There have been numerous oil rig explosions.
- Water and oil spills kill the surrounding areas, and many animals and birds get killed because of the spill.
- Fracking is another problem. Drinking water has been or can be poisoned by this.
- The biggy is Air pollution and smog. Only a few years ago Ella Adoo Kissi Debra, a nine-year-old girl died from bad air pollution in South London, UK.
- Acid Rain.
- And last but not least, Mercury Emission. For more on this subject, click on the link below:
Facts not Acts!
A Brief Synopsis
To finish let's just stop and think for a moment and take stock of what I have mentioned.
We do not need a lecture, we already know about global warming and fossil fuels.
By stopping cars you are poisoning us with the emissions from car exhausts.
Teach people another way, a new way of living.
Do NOT lecture us and then act like a three-year-old throwing a tantrum.
It is a waste of your effort, mine, the public, and the police's.
And for goodness sake stop destroying public and private property with paint.
You damaged it, you pay for it!
Now get out there and do it properly!
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2022 Nell Rose