The author published two political newspapers, predicted Trump's victory in July 2016, and a recent article on many of Trump's achievements.
A Full Plate For Biden And America
Whether President Biden is a seasoned, vigorous statesman or a tired politician will determine how he handles his increasingly full plate of national and international problems.
Here is a short list:
1. An increasingly agressive Chinese Communist Party (South China Sea and Taiwan)
2. An increasingly agressive Vladimir Putin's Russia (The Ukraine and Closer ties to Xi Jin Ping)
3. North Korea's growing nuclear arsenal and testing.
4. Afghanistan's potential collapse to the Taliban with Russian involvement.
5. A hostile Iran determined to advance its aims in the Middle East and develop its own nuclear arsenal.
6. A global and national pandemic which strains the U. S. economy and the national health care system.
7. A solidly divided body politic with an increasingly tenuous congressional majority, and a soaring National Debt, among other major domestic challenges.
8. Global Warming was largely ignored by President Trump, and President Biden has pledged the USA will lead in fashioning a new international resolve, while India and China are major polluters along with the USA.
Okay, Joe. Where are the priorities today?
May 1, 2021 is looming ever closer as the date President Trump set for the withdrawal of American forces from Afghanistan in return for which there was a Taliban promise to limit attacks on those American forces. The friendly Afghans want internationally supervised elections before that date, and vow to fight on even if the U. S. and NATO forces withdraw.
While Afghanistan would seem to get a priorty for dealing with that problem now, the Chinese/Russian/North Korea problems have the potential to escalate ahead of the problem of Afghanistan.
Is The U. S. too tired to stay in Afghanistan, to helpless to help The Ukraine, too timid to confront Xi together with Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, England and France?
Are China and Russia just testing President Biden, or do they see a weakened U. S. resolve and their chances for territorial gains at a very low risk of hostilities?
What we have today is a group of totalitarian states presenting their challenges to an America beset with its own internal challenges they see as an opportune moment of weakness.
Looking at America's past, it has never done terribly well at handling more than one crisis it could focus on. How well will it do under Biden's leadership trying to focus on eight at once?
Time will tell, and this time the time is running out very quickly.
© 2021 Demas W Jasper
Gypsy Rose Lee from Daytona Beach, Florida on April 10, 2021:
The road to recovery if recovery might be possible is very long and rough. People complain about a million and one things and even about people receiving stimulus. Well, all I can say I did receive and I was at a financially challenging moment that I was truly grateful because now my burden had considerably been lifted and I can breathe easier for a while and get myself back on my feet,
Mark Richardson from Utah on April 10, 2021:
Signs of the times...among the things I'm concerned about is the stimulus checks being thrown around like crazy. Someone is going to have to pay for that...
Grace Marguerite Williams from the Greatest City In The World-New York City, New York on April 09, 2021:
The Democratic Party will only assuage the situation, they will not solve the problems. The Democratic Party will only make things worse. Joe Biden isn't presidential material. It shows that anyone who voted for him was not using inductive & deductive logic. They instinctively, not logically voted for him as a revenge against Trump. People have devolved into immature infantilism. There was NO LOGICAL reason to vote for Biden. We are cooked as a nation! Idiocracy is reigning supreme in America.
Sharlee on April 09, 2021:
A=he faces all you mentioned and the border crisis, which has over the past few days become historic in numbers. Bide has a 50-year history of doing nothing but blending in in Washington. Hanging around in the background when he thought he needed to be seen.
Good article, you have pointed out what many are just starting to realize.