Faith is a traveler, a trader, an investor, and entrepreneur. A Business Administration, Virtual Assistant, and SMM specialist.
Duterte is widely recognized as one of the world's most popular leaders.
Who is Rodrigo Duterte?
- A Filipino politician and lawyer who graduated from San Beda College of law. Rodrigo "Rody" Roa Duterte, also known by his nickname "Digong"
- President Rodrigo Roa Duterte was born on March 28, 1945, in Maasin, Southern Leyte to public workers Vicente Duterte and Soledad Roa.
- The 16th President of the Philippines.
- He was the Mayor of Davao City for almost 22 years from 1988-to 2010.
- Rodrigo Duterte ran as president because many politicians and local celebrities want him to be president. They also financially supported him in his campaign during the election.
- Duterte was one of the Philippines' longest-serving mayors.
- His support for LGBT rights allowed gay candidates along with Muslim and disabled people on his ticket.
- He encouraged drug users and drug pushers to surrender by giving them cash and a livelihood.
- Duterte has three children with his first wife and one child with his domestic partner.
- He declined several awards like the American Cancer Society and Anti-Smoking Awards in Singapore.
- His administration is Federalism.
- President Rodrigo Duterte is pro-death penalty.
Rodrigo Duterte was elected president of the Philippines in 2016 thanks to a well-organized campaign and his populist appeal among Filipinos. Soon after taking office, he startled and outraged most of his domestic and western international audiences by pragmatically rejecting the previous Aquino administration's pro-Western strategy in favor of a China-friendly one.
Duterte during his state visit in Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Why Duterte is famous president?
Despite the criticism directed against some politicians, authorities, and party leaders. Specifically, his open support for extrajudicial killings of drug traffickers and other criminals. He is also working to restore the Philippines' Pro-Death Penalty statute. According to Reuters, extrajudicial killings of drug-related and other offenses in the region have increased since Duterte took office as mayor of Davao City. The reason he was dubbed "The Punisher." He was also linked to the Davao Death Squads, as more than 1,400 suspected vigilante killings have been reported. He is well-known for his advocacy of rigorous legislation. Despite his criticism and controversies, Duterte was elected as the Philippines' 16th President. He is also the country's oldest president, at 71 years old. Duterte is the Philippines' first Mindanao President. People in Davao City applaud him for enforcing the law. Such as a total ban on firecrackers, a curfew for kids, anti-smoking in public places, and a prohibition on selling, serving, and consuming alcoholic beverages from one a.m. to eight a.m. That is why the majority of individuals in Davao City are disciplined. Because of the severe policies, he implemented throughout his nearly 22-year tenure as mayor. Until his daughter replaced him as mayor, and his son is now the deputy mayor of Davao City. The Duterte family has acquired prominence in politics, particularly in Davao City. His policy has focused on corruption and combating the illegal drug trade by a deadly crackdown on the suspected sale and user of drugs. Fighting terrorism especially in Mindanao. More than 8,000 killings have been reported and it will be expected to increase in his term.
Since April 2017, the United Nations has been concerned about both legitimate policy operations and vigilante-style executions. Human rights experts have stated that extrajudicial killings in the Philippines have increased since he was elected president. Duterte has threatened to pull the Philippines from the United Nations and European Union. In addition, China, Africa, and Russia will join a new organization. Foreign policy has been declared independent. Meanwhile, Duterte and US President Trump spoke on the phone, and he congratulated him on his victory in the US presidential election. Duterte stated in the media that "No to Obama, Yes to Trump," referring to President Trump's backing for his drug-fighting operation in the Philippines.
Rodrigo Duterte with Mr. Putin, Russian President
According to Duterte, the campaign against drugs is the fight of every Filipino. Let’s help each other to end this problem.
The President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines.
- He has been target by the high profile drug syndicate because of his anti-drug campaign of the Philippines since he become president.
- Duterte also famous for public media revealing of some local celebrities and government officials. Either drug related or corrupt officials. He resign some of officials who are reported related of drug protector and corruption.
- His a tough person. In fact even if there are a lot of issues and critics around of his cabinet. He is still gained good performance for 78% trusted of Filipino community.
- Recently, Abu Sayaf group being tied by Islamic State is the main problem of Duterte administration. Rodrigo Duterte order to implement the martial law of whole Mindanao or even the whole Philippines after the attacked of Marawi City. A serious treat of the country. Which is supported of ISIS terrorism abroad.
- Duterte said in media "Maute Group" must surrender or die" IS is shrinking in Iraq and Syria and some other part of Asia. Until now the battle between terrorist and Philippines forces are still on going.
- Duterte asking for extension of martial law. His hoping to end the war against Maute Group or ISIS by December 2017.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2017 Faith Nacario