Jack is a volunteer at the CCNY Archives. Before retiring, he worked at IBM for over 28 years. His articles have over 120,000 views.
This article is my response to some of my Asian colleagues with regard to the recent news reports of Anti-Asian violence.
- March 2021
The narrative for the last several years was that President Trump created this new anti-Asian sentiment across the nation by calling the COVID-19 virus - the China Virus.
What is the truth? President Trump did not initiate this. It was back in the early days of the pandemic when a high ranking Chinese official claimed that the virus originated with the US military. This was early March 2020.
In response to this false accusation, President Trump, in his usual combative nature, started using the term "China Virus" in press conferences. He was trying to drive home the point that this deadly new virus originated from Wuhan China.
When asked by the press about this, he explained it fairly clearly. Yet, in subsequent news conferences, the press continually badger Trump with the same question, which Trump reacted by ignoring them. He already explained it and why would they not accept his response.
Here comes the shocking news. The press did not care about the answer. They wanted to create the narrative that Asians in America are being attacked because of Trump's rhetoric. It became a national story. Every incident was blown out of proportion.
The Same MO
This is not new. There were two other prominent stories that created the other narratives. One was when Trump came down the escalator in Trump tower to announce his run for the Presidency.
The other was during the Charlottesville Va, demonstration on the Robert E. Lee statue. In both incidences, the narrative by the press was that Trump is a racist and he is against Mexican immigrants and that he supports White supremest.
All of these narratives were fake news. They can be easily proven. If one would only go and find the source, and listen to Trump giving his whole speech, you would quickly realized that he is none of those things the media try to portray.
Now the big question is why would the media do this? Why do they want to tear down Trump so badly. Why do they want the people to reject Trump and his MAGA message?
After all, what is wrong with Make America Great Again? President Reagan used the exact same words in his 1980 run for President against Jimmy Carter.
Why MAGA Became a Toxic Term
In the span of 35 years, MAGA became a dirty word. People went crazy and ripped the hats off people wearing it. Fights were started over it. Why?
In my opinion, it is an example of TDS. A manifestation that afflicted certain people who in normal times were perfectly sane. Trump Derangement Syndrome is real. How can make America Great Again be offensive to anyone?
I will explain. It became a "code" word. People with TDS, when they see MAGA, automatically assume it means white supremest, trying to make America White Again.
They use the excuse that the KKK supports Trump and therefore Trump is a white supremest supporter. This is just insanity. Guilt by association.
Let me be absolutely clear.
MAGA is not a code word for anything. It is what it say it means. After 8 years of Obama, who has degraded America, we want to reverse his policies. Just like during the Carter years, when Americans were waiting in long lines at gas stations and wearing sweaters around the fire place, Reagan wanted America to get back to energy independence.
Back to Anti-Asian Sentiments...
Let me now explain what is going on here. The media thinks Americans are too stupid. They are the smartest people in the room. They can build up someone and they can also tear down someone. In this case, the media have decided early on to take down Trump. They have tried everything under the sun. Nothing has worked so far.
Let me refresh your memory.
They try to take him down from day one of his election. They, along with the Democrats, and the FBI and DOJ, try to create the false notion that Trump stole the election working with Russia. "Russian collusion" were the buzz words for three years. After a full investigative by Robert Mueller and $30 million spent, nothing was found.
Then they quickly pivoted to the impeachment of Trump over a phone call to the Ukraine President. A so called "whistleblower" over heard another official about some inappropriate comments. He was no whistleblower but a disgruntle State Department staff member. He was not in on the call and therefore does not qualify as a witness.
Despite all this, Nancy Pelosi, went forward with a partisan impeachment trial which ended in acquittal.
Finally, with the new COVID virus, the media and the Democrats found a weak spot. They want to use the response to the pandemic as a hammer against Trump. Despite the heroic efforts by the Trump administration in creating the ventilators and then the vaccines, with operation Warp Speed, they used the death of 500,000 Americans to paint a narrative that Trump was not taking the virus seriously. That he is ignoring the science. That he came up with crazy ideas of treatment...like hydroxychloroquine.
They succeeded in convincing enough Americans to vote against Trump. The 2020 election was unusual to say the least.
What is the truth? Is Trump anti-Asian?
President Trump and the Trump Family on Asians
The Trump family have a great relationship with China and the Chinese people. In fact, The Kutchers, hired a Chinese speaking nanny to take care of their kids and teach them Mandarin.
The Real Crisis at Our Border...
From the LA. Times:
1. 40% of all workers in LA County (10.2 million people) are working for cash; and not paying taxes This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals; they are here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in LA are Spanish-speaking.
10. In LA County, 5.1 million people speak English; 3.9 million, speak Spanish . (There are 10.2 million people, in LA County.)
All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times.
Anti-Asian Violence and BLM
Another glaring double standards, even in the Asian community but also in the media is how they portray and report on recent anti-Asian violence.
The majority of these crimes are committed by blacks against Asians. Yet, you would never know that by the reporting. The question is why?
The media has the narrative that the anti-Asian violence are the result of Trump and white supremest. Yet, the reality is quite different.
Where is BLM on this? They are amazingly silent.
Which bring us back to the whole Black Lives Matter campaign.
Does all lives matter? ALL includes all people of all races and religion and professions...even police.
Why is BLM so special? and only a specific minority of those blacks killed by police.
The blacks that are killed by other blacks in the inner cities of Chicago does not seem to count.
The Georgia Voting Legislation and Governor Hucklebee Controversy
In recent report, apparently a tweet by Governor Hucklebee has been accused of being a hate speech - against Chinese. How is this possible?
This is the insanity that the progressive left has taken our country.
The Bottom Line of a Biden Administration
- Open borders that lead to increased immigrants coming here across our borders uninvited and cause all kinds of havoc
- Higher energy costs for all of us including the average folks...gasoline and heating oil has already risen 20% in my area and will continue to rise.
- Increased taxation including on the middle class and upper income bracket.
- More conflict with Iran and North Korea and China and Russia...
- Big Tech. getting their way at the expense of the American people. They are controlling our media and capturing our data to be used against us the people.
- The media implosion with their lies and deception and bias reporting.
- Race relations will get worst before it gets better. Reparations will not solve our race problem.
- The COVID pandemic will be over shortly mainly due to the "Trump" vaccines and herd immunity.
- The economy will rebound first part of 2021 due to the strong recovery from last years shut down. But, under new taxation and regulations imposed by Biden/Harris, we will return to the Obama economy of slow and anemic growth post 2021.
Elections do have consequences and we are seeing it played out in front of our eyes.
This article is my response to a group of Asian colleagues who are Democrats. They have bought into this narrative that white supremest are responsible for the current rise in attacks on Asians. The data speaks otherwise. Most of the crimes are perpetrated by blacks with mental illness and criminals who saw an easy prey.
We don't have a race problem in this country anymore. We do have a problem with the cancel culture. Don't ask me to define this term. It was created by the progressive left and they own it.
Some Related Info
- Asians: Stop blaming Whitey | Commentary | norfolkdailynews.com
Can I have your attention, please? I’m going to share a little secret that liberal “people of color” and their public relations agents in the media don’t want you to
- Trump Grandkids learn Mandarin
Ms. Ivanka Trump recently helped her father, Mr. Donald Trump, craft a new childcare policy to help working mothers. However, she has been very frank about her own more fortunate circumstances that…
- Trump's Granddaughter Arabella Kushner Is a Star in China Because She Can Sing in Mandarin
The president's 6-year-old granddaughter is helping with diplomatic advancements on his China trip.
- China warm to idea of four more years of Trump Presidency
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2021 Jack Lee
Jack Lee (author) from Yorktown NY on April 07, 2021:
MG, that is true except, in the context of recent anti-Asian attacks, it is focused mostly on Asian Chinese.
I would love to see a world where we are all color blind but apparently, that is beyond our dream. Dr. King's dream is not realized at least in 2021.
MG Singh from UAE on April 07, 2021:
When you say Asian it is not one composite race because Asian consists of Chinese, Japanese, Indians, and even Arabs. Each is treated differently.