Everyone knows when you have been working hard towards getting promoted in the Army, the cut off scores can't be posted soon enough. You can use the Army Promotion Point Trend Report to predict what the cut off scores is going to be. The trend report comes out around a week before the cut off scores are posted. This means you can use this method to find out if you made points a week before you normally would.
Trend Report are posted around the 17th of the month.
Cut off Scores are posted around the 23rd of the month.
More Promotion Point Resources
- EZ Army Points | Army Promotion Points Blog
Everything you need to know about Army promotion points and getting promoted faster.
Reading the Trend Report
SGT Primary Zone: 36 months time in service(TIS) and 8 months time in grade (TIG).
SGT Secondary Zone: 18 months TIS and 6 months TIG.
SSG Primany Zone: 72 months TIS and 10 months TIG.
SSG Secondary Zone: 48 months TIS and 7 months TIG.
Look at the Promotion Point Trend Report
2. Click on the trend report appropriate for the month you are hoping to get promoted. If you are trying to predict the cut off score to get promoted March 1st 2013, you want to look at the March 2013 Trend Report.
3. Find your MOS in the first column of the sheet. I am going to use an example of 11B. I have outlined in black all of the information. related to the 11B MOS on the Trend Report.
4. Find the correct column based on whether you are eligible for primary zone or secondary zone. I have outlined primary zone in yellow and secondary zone in green.
5. Find the correct row based on whether you are looking for the SGT (E5) or SSG (E6) points. The top row is for SGT and the bottom row is for SSG.
6. Multiply the trend report score you identified by 6. This will be the total number of points for the last 5 month's cut off scores plus the predicted points for the coming month. Write these numbers down to have handy for the next part.
Example: If I am an 11B looking to get promoted to SGT in the Primary Zone, my points would be 359. 359 X 6 = 2154
Understanding the Cut off Scores
Find Your Previous Cut off Scores
- Go to http://www.ezarmypoints.com/army-cutoff-scores/
- Open the cut off scores for the 5 most recent months. If you are trying to predict the scores for March 2013, you want to look at the cut off scores for February 2013, January 2013, December 2012, November 2012 and October 2012.
- In the first column, find your MOS. I again going to use 11B as the example and have outlined it in black.
- Identify the column the corresponds with you. I have outlined the scores relevant to SGT cut off in red and SSG cut off in blue. The PZ is for primary zone and the SZ is for secondary zone.
- Do this for each of the previous 5 months.
- Add all 5 months together.
- Subtract the total of these from the total you came up with before. The number you end up with is a very reliable prediction of what your cut off score is going to be in the upcoming month.
Feb 2013: 289
Jan 2013: 363
Dec 2012: 382
Nov 2012: 407
Oct 2012: 409
289 + 363 + 382 + 407 + 409 = 1850
2154 - 1850 = 304
Predicted March 2013 cut off = 304
Actual March 2013 cut off = 305