Christopher F. Bueno is currently the Dean of the College of Education, University of Northern Philippines, Vigan City.
Political science has a relationship in the study of law. A stable political system exists once the law is properly implemented in a civilized state. In the branches of government, its political functions and powers are defined by law. The definition of law is a rule of conduct legitimately implemented by those with political power and authority that are just and obligatory for the common welfare of the state.
These are the classification of law that explains the relationship of political science:
(1) Criminal law defines as the violation or sanction of crimes committed based on the interest of the state in order to secure peace and order of the society. These are the preservation of the rights and privileges that are violated by individual such as crimes as homicide, murder, physical injury, rape, arson, malversation of public funds, and rebellion . The application of this category is the enforcement of laws to secure peace and order in the community. The government has to reinforce the security of the society by law enforcement agencies such as the police agencies and armed forces. It is the responsibility of the judiciary ( through the courts)to the interpretation of specific crimes committed by individuals.
(2) International Law addresses the regulation of diplomatic relations and the varied political and economic issues in the intercourse among nations. These are international regulation of state along territorial jurisdictions, diplomatic relations, employment regulations, economic embargo and tariff regulations and etc.
(3) Political law has two areas namely: the constitutional law; and administrative law. It studies the governmental organization and administration along the constitution processes and systems; and administrative regulation. In constitutional law, it relates the construction, enactment and interpretation as to the legality and application of laws of the state. While administrative law applies the execution of law and determine its violation of rights of the authorities.
(4) Private law relates the concern on private matters as provided by the statute of the state. There are two areas in this law : (1) civil law which relates to the concern of family and the protection of the private interest of individual; and (2) commercial law which deals with the legal concern on commerce and industry.
(5) Remedial law deals with rules and regulation in all courts. It is more on judicial matter that this law is implemented in the court pleading and procedures.
Generally, the executive branch executes the law; legislative branch enacts the law; and the judiciary interprets the law. This is the reason why law is so important in the existence of state.
We all know that the origin of law is through the enactment of the legislative branch. It is based on the development priority of the government to address the concerns on general welfare and the implementation of the social services program. This is also properly address in the revenue generation by proposing tax policy to could generate higher income. The revenue generated is utilized as budget or public expenditures in social and economic services particularly the poor people in the community.
However, the implementation of the laws approved by the legislative branch is carried out in the executive department .It depends on the priority development agenda of the national leader in relation to the economic and social service with the end goal of improving the quality of life of the people. Finally, the judiciary mandates to interpret the laws enacted in the legislative branch and may review in case the problem of unconstitutionality of the approved law by the congress.
RELEVANT HUBS FOR THE ACADEMIC ARTICLES AND RESEARCHES ON POLITICS, GOVERNMENT AND STATE :
These are the related SAVIOR ON HUBPAGES- FREE ACADEMIC ARTICLES AND RESEARCHES in POLITICAL SCIENCE for the COLLEGE STUDENTS to facilitate in doing their homework, assignment and research activities in the school particularly those impoverished countries of AFRICA, ASIA and MIDDLE EAST.
Definition of State
Elements of State
Origin of State
The Forms of Government
The General Concepts and Principles of Government
Constitution : The Fundamental Law of the State and Government http://hubpages.com/hub/constitutionlaw
Definition and Importance of Political Science http://hubpages.com/hub/Definition-and-Importance-of-Political-Science
Political Science and Law http://hubpages.com/hub/Political-Science-and-Law
The General Meaning and Concept in Politics
The Behaviorist Approach in the Study of Politics
The Historical Approach in the Study of Politics
Politics : The Power and Authority Structure in Public Servicehttp://hubpages.com/t/22fd08
Origin of Political Sciencehttp://hubpages.com/hub/Origin-of-Political-Science
Political Science and Its Relationships with Social Sciences
The Introductory Analysis of the "Republic by Plato"
The Modern Concepts and Principles of Political Science :The Development Dimensions of the “Contemporary Republic”
Yehana on September 05, 2015:
One word SUPER
NEHA BUNDELA on July 04, 2014:
sir actually i confuse , can you let whether political science is good or law
ziaul haq on October 11, 2012:
thanks a lot ....alas I finally got something valuable
Syed Asif on September 18, 2012:
Simply i must say "Good work"
sesugh tolough on August 28, 2012:
let's study political science.
Triza on June 24, 2012:
thanks,your answers are accurate and straight to the point
Mercy ndirangu on June 17, 2012:
Many thanks for answering this question accuratly.
Moon Na on November 17, 2011:
thanks... this is the only accurate answer google has ever provide... it helped me in my pol. sci. report... keep on answering... ;)