I love everything weird and colorful in this world and I try to live a life that will make the world a little better once I'm gone.
As far as conspiracy theories go, this has got to be one of the strangest and most far fetched. Yet for some reason, this list of 'coincidences' is eerie. Yes, each fact can be argued as quite probable and/or insignificant. But, it is the sheer number of such coincidences that captures attention and gets people staring off into space.
The 100 Year Recurrence
Lincoln-Kennedy 100 Year Coincidences
I have heard of hundred year flood, but a hundred year assassination seems bizarre:
- Lincoln was elected in 1860, Kennedy in 1960, 100 years apart.
- Andrew Johnson was born in 1808. Lyndon Johnson was born in 1908, exactly one hundred years later.
- John Wilkes Booth was born in 1839 [according to some sources] Lee Harvey Oswald was born in 1939, one hundred years later.
- Lincoln was elected to congress in 1846, Kennedy was elected to congress in 1946...100 years apart.
- Lincoln defeated Stephen Douglas who was born in 1813; Kennedy defeated Richard Nixon who was born in 1913...100 years apart.
Count 'em Up
Kennedy & Lincoln's Names
- LINCOLN and KENNEDY each has 7 letters.
- ANDREW JOHNSON and LYNDON JOHNSON each has 13 letters.
- JOHN WILKES BOOTH and LEE HARVEY OSWALD each has 15 letters. (We won't get into the three name assassin thing, as I believe this is put on them after the fact to distinguish them from innocent people with the same first and last name)
Strange Coincidences: Lincoln vs. Kennedy
Coincidences Regarding The Assassination of JFK and Abe Lincoln
- Both men were assassinated on a Friday.
- Both assassins were Southerners who held extremist views.
- Both men were killed by a bullet that entered the head from behind.
- Lincoln was killed in Ford's Theater. Kennedy met his death while riding in a Lincoln convertible made by the Ford Motor Company.
- Booth shot Lincoln in a theater and fled to a warehouse. Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and fled to a theater.
- Booth and Oswald were murdered before their trials.
- Both men were assassinated on a in the presence of their wives.
- Lincoln was sitting in box 7 when killed; Kennedy was sitting in car 7 when killed.
- Both assassins were detained by an officer named Baker.
Do you think there is anything really here, or is it just proof that if you look hard enough you'll find anything?
Johnson & Johnson
The Successors of Lincoln & JFK
- Both successors were named Johnson
- Both men were born into a poor white Southern family.
- Both successors were former senators.
- Both men had two daughters.
- Both men were an officer in a war.
- Andrew Johnson defended the right to own slaves throughout the 1840s and 1850s; Lyndon Johnson was a consistent opponent of civil rights legislation throughout the 1940s and 1950s.
- Both men were suspected of being a part of the conspiracy to assassinate the president.
Lincoln vs Kennedy - Amazing Facts From The Lives of The Two Presidents
And A Few More Things
More Odd Kennedy-Lincoln Coincidences
- Both men were deeply involved in African American civil rights.
- The first name of Lincoln's private secretary was John, the last name of Kennedy's private secretary was Lincoln.
- Republican Convention was held in Chicago in 1860 and in 1960.
- Both won the election with less than fifty-percent of the popular vote.
- Both men were the second child.
- Both men were named after their grandfather.
- Abe had sons named Robert and Edward; Kennedy had brothers named Robert and Edward.
- They both had four children, and lost a son while in the White House.
- Both men lost a sister before becoming president
- Lincoln's son married Mary Eunice Harlan; Kennedy's sister was named a sister named Eunice Mary Kennedy.
- Both men dad a doctor named Charles Taft.
- Lincoln had a friend and adviser named William Graham; Kennedy had a friend and adviser named Billy Graham.
- Both men were related to ambassadors to the Court of St. James.
- Both men were related to an attorney general who graduated from Harvard University.
Coincidences Regarding The First Ladies
- Each wife had lost a child while living at the White House.
- Each woman was dark-haired and twenty-four years old woman at time they were married.
- They were both fluent in French.
- They were both known for their high fashion in clothes.
- They both renovated the White House after many years of neglect.
- They had both been previously engaged to someone else.
This one is false
This one is going around but it is obviously not true...
A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.
A week before Kennedy was shot, he was in Marilyn Monroe.
Ha ha...very funny...Marilyn Monroe died over a year before JFK.
Susan R. Davis from Vancouver on February 07, 2013:
I didn't realize there were this many similarities. Makes you think, even if you aren't a conspiracy buff.
anonymous on July 29, 2012:
I enjoyed reading this lens. It is full of information.
anonymous on August 08, 2011:
Hey! These apparent coincidences, which I would predict to be rare between any two people, one hundred years apart, is consistent with one of the solutions to Fermi's Paradox; namely, Earth provides hundreds of Extraterrestial (ET) Cable Channels on their Earth Entertainment Network, where apparently a producer for the Historical Drama Channel, effected the Lincoln-Kennedy Project. (Fermi's Paradox: if there are suppose to be so many other beings in the universe, where are they?)
anonymous on February 02, 2011:
So many coincidences. There has to be something in it!
anonymous on February 23, 2010:
this is so true scary....
anonymous on November 12, 2009:
THis is crap my teacher found 70 coincadonces on this
MargoPArrowsmith on September 20, 2009:
anonymous on September 03, 2009:
Always thought that this was a very interesting story.Great for history buffs to puzzle over. Thanks for the lens.
kimmanleyort on August 13, 2009:
Nice to put this all together. You present them well and allow us to determine what we think. I think it is very eerie.
LisaDH on September 01, 2008:
I think they're just odd coincidences, but it is quite fascinating when you add them all up together. 5*
KimGiancaterino on May 15, 2008:
My grandmother had a large plate with the Lincoln-Kennedy coincidences printed on it. I was always fascinated by it, and am glad to see a lens on the subject!
anonymous on March 15, 2008:
wow, all this stuff is insane!
anonymous on December 13, 2007:
www.boxofhistory.piczo.com <<-- check out this site, its got some cool stuff too!
anonymous on December 04, 2007:
Cool stuff. i read about this stuff one time and its pretty weird. i wonder if there is anything like this about Primeministers of Canada... :O
razorback lm on July 25, 2007:
Very interesting... I will go through this one-by-one to verify!