Nyesha watches World News Tonight with David Muir. She recently started writing recaps of the most pertinent news stories presented.
Current Events According to the Thursday, July 14, 2022 Broadcast of World News Tonight With David Muir
CURRENT EVENTS ACCORDING TO THE THURSDAY, JULY 14, 2022 BROADCAST OF WORLD NEWS TONIGHT WITH DAVID MUIR
1. Ivana Trump has died (1949-2022)
IVANA TRUMP HAS DIED (1949-2022)
Ivana Trump has died at the age of 73. Ivana Trump, the ex-wife of former United States President Donald Trump was the mother of three of his children, Donald Jr., Eric and Ivanka and she was a grandmother.
Ivana Trump was found unresponsive at the bottom of the stairs at her Manhattan, New York apartment in the upper East side. She was pronounced dead immediately.
There is no foul play or forced entry into her apartment suspected.
An investigation is underway to determine the manner of death and to determine whether perhaps she fell down the stairs.
2. Devastating Flood Damage in Virginia
DEVASTATING FLOOD DAMAGE IN VIRGINIA
- There has been devastating flood damage in Buchanan County, in the western part of the state of Virginia, U.S.
- Some homes have been ripped from their foundations.
- Thankfully, all 41 of the people that had been unaccounted for and presumed missing have now been found alive.
3. Alec Murdaugh
Alec Murdaugh, a disbarred attorney that is already in jail is being indicted on murder charges of his wife and son. He has not yet been convicted of the double murder.
4. Mandatory Masking Due to Rise in COVID Deaths
MANDATORY MASKING DUE TO RISE IN COVID DEATHS
- L.A. County, California, US is expected to return to mandatory masking by July 29, 2022.
- Covid deaths are rising and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is again urging those in high risk areas to wear face masks indoors again.
5. Deadly Russian Missile Strike in Ukraine
DEADLY RUSSIAN MISSILE STRIKE IN UKRAINE
There has been another deadly Russian missile strike in Ukraine.
- At least 23 people have been killed, including 3 children.
- Over 100 people have been wounded
- This Thursday, July 14, 2022 broadcast of World News Tonight with David Muir has provided some images of the devastation including showing cars that have been riddled with shrapnel.
6. U.S. President Biden's Warning for Iran
U.S. PRESIDENT BIDEN'S WARNING FOR IRAN
In a recent speech, U.S. President Joe Biden has warned, "We will not allow Iran to acquire nuclear weapons."
President Biden will be visiting Saudi Arabia shortly and will be meeting with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.
Much of the meeting discussion is expected to be regarding regional security.
We will not allow Iran to acquire nuclear weapons.
— U.S. President Joe Biden
7. Child rape case
A ten year old girl from Ohio who was reportedly raped and impregnated traveled to Indiana for an abortion procedure.
The abortion could not be pursued in Ohio because of the abortion laws there so she traveled to Indiana.
Dr. Kaitlyn Bernard, the doctor that allegedly performed the abortion procedure in Indiana is now under investigation.
Her attorney is stating that she has done nothing wrong.
8. Mass shooter at Supermarket in Buffalo, New York has been indicted
BUFFALO, NEW YORK SUPERMARKET MASS SHOOTER HAS BEEN INDICTED
Peyton Gendrin has been indicted on 27 counts of hate crimes for his mass shooting of 10 Black people at a Tops Supermarket in Buffalo, New York.
- A moment of silence was taken.
- The supermarket will re-open tomorrow.
9. Football player has died
FOOTBALL PLAYER HAS DIED
In a segment of the World News Tonight broadcast called The Index, it was reported that 22 year old professional football player, Spencer Webb has died. He fell 100 feet down a trail while hiking. He hit his head and has passed away.
10. Herschel "Woody" Williams
HERSCHEL "WOODY" WILLIAMS
Herschel "Woody" Williams, a decorated and celebrated U.S. military veteran and medal recipient, who died at 98 years old had his United States flag draped casket lying in a state of honor today.
Are you a U.S. military veteran?
© 2022 Nyesha Pagnou MPH