Large Binoculars For Spying on Targets
Am I Being Spied On?
The number one thing that people wonder when there is a suspicious white van within close proximity of their house is: Am I Being Spied On?
If you really want to know if people are watching you, then you must first identify the signs of a spy op (operation) going on in your neighborhood.
Be observant and pay attention to the following signs:
A Suspicious Van Seen in Neighborhood
5 Signs You Are Being Spied On
- There is an unmarked vehicle sitting in close proximity of your home. The odds that you are being surveilled greatly increases if it stays there for over a 24-hr period. If there is a commercial logo on the van, it could be a government agency that can afford such amenities.
- Check for a watcher with binoculars. If there is a vehicle, check to see if there is a person sitting in the driver seat with binoculars pointed in your direction. It is also possible that someone is watching you from a nearby house or apartment.
- Are there suits and shades constantly walking in front of your house? Government agents wear 2 or 3-piece suits, and will also be wearing sunglasses. This obvious tell will give it away if you are being watched.
- Is there a GPS beacon on your car? No agent will put a GPS on the driver side to be found. Run your fingers along the underside of the passenger side or check the rear of the vehicle. This may be difficult to perform if you are being watched from a surveillance vehicle.
- Do you hear the recorder “click” when you make phone calls? If it sounds like there is someone else on the line during a phone call, you will need a secure phone line. Pick up a pay as you go phone from a gas station if you need a quick number that is not already tapped. Only problem is that your loved ones phone lines have already been compromised as well.
Spies Follow Too Closely
Precautions to Identify Spies:
- If you think someone is following too closely, stop or pause to allow them to pass. But be prepared, this is the time that a fight will break out. If the spy bumps into you, he either picked your pocket, or he placed a bug on you. Now he can trail you via a homing device.
- If you are walking in public, take a right, then another right, a left, and then a right. If the spy is still behind you, then continue on to the nearest police precinct. Be prepared to wait a while. A good spy is patient, and has nothing better to do than to follow you around indefinitely.
Don't Wind Up in a Casket
Do You Want to Get Away Safely?
Most spy thrillers don't end well for the civilians. It is just a fact of life. Casualties happen, and governments cover them up with well-worded cover stories. Don't be swept under the rug, like those other innocent bystanders.
The best way to stay out of harm's way is not to get involved with nefarious deeds in the first place.
So take heed to the following advice:
- Get an honest job. Never do anything illegal. Pay all of your taxes.
- Don't work for shady people with offshore bank accounts.
- Never work for power-hungry madmen bent on destroying the world.
- Don't respond to phishing emails requesting personal information.
Read Part 2: How to Escape from a Spy Without Detection
- How to Escape from a Spy Without Detection
What do you do if you are being tracked by a spy? So many people ask this question as they are living a life on the run. Take this simple advice to escape a spy without detection.
Zack Love (author) on January 27, 2014:
J.M. That is very interesting. You must have come across sensitive information or "saw too much"
J.M. on January 26, 2014:
Being surveiled is terrible! All of a sudden your world completely stops making sense to you, or anyone else. The people that are surveiling will constantly try to trick you into believing it is not happening, or they will try to make it look like it is someone else that is doing it. lets say that you have reason to believe it is just nosey neighbors, well if you try to report it to anyone most often the instant reaction you will get, is that you are having some sort of psychosis, and may end up getting
Michele Travis from U.S.A. Ohio on July 11, 2013:
If anyone was spying on me, they would be bored. Probably bored enough to quit their job. Well, one thing I do a lot is take my dogs out and let them pee.
Michael on April 09, 2013:
All important points. I would add one more, and do a simple sweep for bugs (hidden microphones) in planters, and in wall switch plates.
Sanxuary on January 04, 2013:
Unless you our doing something shady the Government is not likely to spy on you. An evil employer is more likely to play these games. The car and someone following you or staking you out at work. Someone hacking your computer hoping to discover something. Listening devices and attempts at verbal entrapment. There are plenty of whistle blower web sites and you would be amazed how much of this goes on. If anything never believe it can never happen to you. Most concerning is that you might have a criminal or a crazy on your hand and the Government is the first thing you want on your side.
Jack Hazen from Blitzburgh area on April 19, 2012:
I suspect this very attractive young lady who lives across the street is spying on me.
I'd guess Homeland Security.
Felina Margetty from New York, New York on April 19, 2012:
Zeke, I think you are watching too much television. Why on earth would anyone want to follow you. Your profile picture shows you as a sweet innocent kid.Or is that what we are meant to believe. In truth you are a super spy and are a courier for a secret government agency. That is why you are being followed. If you need safe haven look me up I love harboring secret agents. Oh la la. F.