Soekarno (Koesno Sosrodihardjo), was the first president of the Republic of Indonesia (1945-1966).
Ir. Soekarno was born in Surabaya, East Java, on 6 June, 1901, and he died in Jakarta June 21, 1970.
Soekarno was born with a father named Raden Soekemi Sosrodihardjo and his mother Ida Ayu Nyoman Rai. Raden Soekemi is an elementary school teacher was placed on Natives in Singaraja, Bali, and his mother Nyoman Rai is the royal line of Bali.
Period of Independence Struggle
When the school in HIS (Hoogere Burger School), 1921. Thought nationality and struggle Soekarno began to flourish. Because here Soekarno hang out with a lot of freedom movement leaders like Abdul Muis and Haji Agus Salim.
Soekarno actively involved in a youth organization called Tri Koro Dharmo. He was also noted as a writer active in the daily media named Oetoesan Indies. Moreover Sukarno stayed in one of the residence of influential people in his time, namely HOS Tjokroaminoto. Through this HOS Soekarno lot to learn about the national movement.
During the Dutch colonial occupation, Sukarno out of jail several times. At the start of the prison in Sukamiskin, Bandung up with in exile to Bengkulu. But all this did not dampen the his pace to fight for the independence of Indonesia.
After the Japanese invaders (1942-1945) surrendered to the Allies. Soekarno with urged young people to immediately declare independence of Indonesia. Then on August 17, 1945 Soekarno proclaimed the independence of Indonesia in Jakarta.
The word of wisdom that comes from Soekarno (Bung Karno), it's very much, in this article, we try to present 17 (seventeen) of them :
01. "Never once leaving history." (One of the title of his speech).
02. "Great nation is a nation that respects the services of the hero." (Heroes Day Speech 10 Nop.1961)
03. "If I want to become a great nation, wants to be a nation that has the will to work, it is also necessary to have" imagination! " (Speech Excerpts Soekarno in Semarang, July 29, 1956)
04. "Strong as a united, united as strong."
05. "Hang your ambition as high as the sky."
06. "A thousand parents could only dream of, a young person can change the world."
Quoted from Soekarno, Indonesia mouthpiece People.
07. "Independence is only obtained and owned by the soul of the nation ablaze with determination 'Freedom, freedom or death'!" (Speech at BPUPKI, June 1, 1945)
08. "Our country is rich, rich, rich, brothers. spirited great, imagination. Dig up! Working! Dig up! Working! Ours is one of the most beautiful country in the world". (Speech Excerpts Soekarno in Semarang July 29, 1956).
09. It's one God only gives life to me, no humans have lived two or three lives. But I will give them life, insya Allah Subhanahuwata'ala, one hundred percent to the development of the country and nation. (Sources: Ir Soekarno, Speech at the Embassy in the USA 1956)
10. The misery that is a fact or a reality that is easily proved by the numbers.
11. "If someone is still inside there is a sense of shame and fear to do something good, it is a guarantee for the individual is not going to meet with a single step of progress".
12. 'That man in this world, brothers and sisters, "basically" - on the basis and essence - is the same; are not different from each other. And therefore this is the man to watch out for ' (Speech Excerpts Soekarno in Semarang July 29, 1956)
13. What is Ratu Adil (the Messiah) ? The definition of ideology Messiah is social rechtvaardigheid. People want peace. People who had felt themselves less eat less clothing, creating a new world in which there is justice, under the leadership of Ratu Adil (the Messiah). (Speech at BPUPKI, June 1, 1945)
14. "No one has to calculate: how lucky I got later from the Republic, if I struggled and sacrificed to defend it". (Speech Anniversary of the Proclamation of 1956)
15. "The Republic of Indonesia is not owned by a group, does not belong to a religion, not owned by a tribe, not owned by a custom class, but it belongs to all of us from Sabang to Merauke!" (Speech in Jakarta, 24 September 1955)
16. "The nation that does not believe in the power of itself as a nation, can not stand as an independent nation." (Speech Anniversary of the Proclamation of 1963)
17. "Do not look into the future with eyes blind! The period of the past is useful to be "The Large Mirror (Kaca Bengala)" of the future. "(Speech Anniversary of the Proclamation 1966)
Reference (in the language of Indonesia)
01. Soekarno (wikipedia)
02. Soekarno Wikiquote
03. Kata Mutiara Bung Karno
04. Biografi Soekarno
Proclaimed, August 17, 1945
Field Ikada, Sept 19, 1945
TV interview on filming Pres. Sukarno in 1955
IndonesiaStory (author) from Indonesia on October 18, 2019:
@Aurel... Yes, of course.
Aurel on August 14, 2014:
Thankyou for the article..
may i share this ??
pramodgokhale from Pune( India) on February 10, 2014:
I like leaders of Non-Aligned-Movement Sukarno, Nehru, Tito, Nasser,
They built their nation and fought against super powers and introduced socialism to people.
Indonesia has always friendly relations with India and cultural proximity
brought them together on many issues.