Top 3 Cryptocurrencies In 2021.
Bitcoin was originally launched in 2009, by Satoshi Nakamoto and that makes bitcoin the first ever Cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is a Decentralized digital currency that you can buy and sell without any Centralized authority like Banks. Every Bitcoin transaction that’s ever been made exists on a public ledger accessible to everyone, making transactions hard to reverse and difficult to fake. But there is a limit on the production of Bitcoins which is 21 million Bitcoins and as of September 2021 there are already 18.78 million Bitcoins that have been mined and according to experts to mine all 21 million Bitcoins it will take around one century. Bitcoin like most other Cryptocurrency is built on Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) Blockchain. Blockchain is decentralized, which means it’s not controlled by anyone organization And that makes Bitcoin trustworthy and secure.
Key features about Bitcoin:
- Bitcoin has a market cap of over 984.66 Million US Dollars as of September 2021 Which makes Bitcoin the largest Cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin halving is an event that happens every 210,000 blocks, or every four years until it reaches the limit of 21 million Bitcoins. In Bitcoin halving the pace of the new BTC, creation is cut in half.
- In 2010 which Is after a year of launching of bitcoin the value of 1 bitcoin was less than 1 Dollar and in 2021 after 12 years the value of 1 one bitcoin is over 35,000 US Dollars.
Here’s a graph showing the growth of Bitcoins:
Ethereum was launched on 30th July 2015 by Vitalik Buterin. And Ethereum is the second-largest cryptocurrency after Bitcoin. Ethereum has its programming language called Solidity. Ethereum is a decentralized public ledger for verifying and recording transactions. The network's users can create, publish, monetize, and use applications on the platform, and use its Ether cryptocurrency as a payment method. Ethereum goes one step ahead and is possible to run applications, smart contracts, and other transactions on the Ethereum network. Ethereum is also fast at processing transactions where bitcoin takes 10 minutes to add a new block Ethereum only takes 12 seconds to add a new block to its blockchain. And Ethereum has a supply of unlimited coins that can be mined.
Key Features of Ethereum:
- Ethereum has a market cap of 463 billion Us dollars which makes it the second-largest cryptocurrency after bitcoin
- Ethereum’s decentralized network promises to let users leave behind third-party intermediaries.
- Ethereum prices in 2015 were around 1 Dollar and in 2021 Ethereum's price is 3,000 US dollars And experts say Ethereum will soon hit the mark of 4,000 Dollars.
Here a graph shows the growth of Ethereum
Cardano was launched on 27 September 2017 by Charles Hoskinson. Cardano is one of the largest growing Cryptocurrencies in 2021 and it is one of the biggest cryptocurrencies in the world Right now. Cardano is a third-generation, decentralized proof-of-stake (PoS) blockchain platform designed to be a more efficient alternative to proof-of-work (PoW) networks. Compared to other blockchains, it is far more adaptable. For instance, a single, smart contract can be modified to cater to different users ensuring compliance for all stakeholders. Like top cryptocurrencies, Cardano's blockchain is also decentralized which means no single central entity has an unreasonable amount of control over the security
- The market cap of Cardano is 68.89 billion us dollars and it makes Cardano one of the largest cryptocurrencies in the crypto market.
- Cardano runs on the proof-of-stake Ouroboros consensus protocol and developments are informed by scholarly academic research.
- Cardano's price in 2017 was less than a dollar and experts believe that Cardano will be one of the fastest-growing Cryptocurrencies in 2021.
Here is the graph of Cardano:
© 2021 Vedant