Ever since I was a kid I was brought up to be frugal and to save and budget money. * Disclaimer: I am not a financial planner.
... If you're looking for ways to save money on your next microwave purchase, read through this article for tips on finding the best deals:
Right Time to Buy a Microwave
When it comes to microwaves, timing is everything. Obviously, you should buy a microwave when you need one. But if you're not quite sure when that will be, here are some telling signs that it might be time for a new appliance:
- Your current model is more than six years old.
- Your family has grown significantly since the last time your kitchen was remodeled (or even since the last time you had an old microwave replaced).
- You have many more people living under your roof now than there were when the old appliance was purchased—and they all want to eat at once!
Check Price of Microwaves Online
You can find the best prices for microwaves online using a few different methods.
- To compare prices, use an online price comparison tool like Google Shopping or Amazon. Just type in the model number of a microwave and you will be shown all available models, their costs, and information on where they're sold. You can also search by retailer name (e.g., Walmart) or brand name (e.g., KitchenAid).
- If you already know which brand or model you want to buy, try searching for it separately on those sites' product pages—you may find that one place has the lowest price for that particular item!
- Finally, if you have specific criteria in mind when looking for a microwave oven—for example, if your kitchen is small and so are interested in countertop models rather than built-ins—it's helpful to do some research beforehand about what features are available with each type of unit so as not waste time browsing through products unnecessarily later down the road when making an actual purchase decision
Buy From a Store With a Price Match Guarantee
The price match guarantee is a common feature that most retailers offer. It means that if you find an item somewhere else for less, they will match the price and refund the difference to you. For example, if you buy a TV at Best Buy for $500 but find one for $450 at Costco or Walmart within 14 days of purchase, Best Buy will refund the difference. To get a price match from Best Buy:
- Contact customer service by phone or email to verify whether your store has this policy in place.
- If so, explain how much less expensive the item is elsewhere and where you saw it.
Buy Used Microwave Ovens
Buying a used microwave oven is a great way to save money. You can find them on Craigslist, eBay, or if you live in an apartment complex that has a community storage unit for tenants' belongings. Just make sure the microwave is in good condition before you buy it—look for dents, scratches, and missing buttons. If there's any damage at all (even just some scratches) then don't buy it! Be sure to check the warranty too—you want one that covers at least 1 year of service and still has some time left on it.
Scratch and Dent Stores
If you're looking for a good deal on a microwave, but don't have time to shop around at different stores, scratch and dent stores are a great option. These stores sell appliances that have been returned or were damaged in transit. Often times these items are refurbished and sold for much less than the original price tag. You could potentially get an amazing deal on your next microwave!
To find out whether there is a store near you that sells scratch and dent products, search online under "scratch and dent appliance stores." If there isn't one listed nearby, ask your friends or family members if they know of any places in town where they've bought discounted appliances from before.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are two of the best times to buy a microwave oven. You’re getting a good deal and you can save money. But don’t just jump on any deal you see, because some of them might not be worth it.
Here are some tips for saving money on a microwave oven:
- Research online first to see what brands are available and their prices. You don’t want to pay more than you need to for one! You may also find coupons or discounts that give you even more savings if you check around before making your purchase.
- Make sure your credit card has no annual fees so that if something goes wrong with the product within one year (which rarely happens), they will replace it without costing anything extra after its warranty expires
Get the Best Price From Your Local Retailer
- Ask for a discount. You should always ask for a discount if you see something on sale. Retailers will usually give you some kind of deal if they can't sell it at full price, especially when the item has been sitting on their shelves for a while and they're trying to get rid of it quickly.
- Ask for a price match guarantee from another retailer (or even Amazon). Many large retailers such as Target and Walmart have price matching policies where they'll match any lower advertised prices from other retailers within 30 days of purchase (or even longer). This means that if someone finds your microwave cheaper online somewhere else, you can actually get them to refund the difference!
- Ask about coupons or special promotions going on right now in-store... There may be deals available right now like "get x% off all microwaves" or something similar which could save you even more money than just asking about discounts alone! Just remember: stores have varying coupon policies so check before making any purchases so as not do anything illegal such as using expired coupons on new products at full retail prices."
Wait for Warehouse Sales to Happen in Your Area
Waiting for warehouse sales to happen in your area is another great way to save money on a microwave. Warehouse sales are held at the end of the season, and you can save up to 50% on microwaves during these events. This is a good time to buy a microwave for $50 or even less! You may also be able to find one for around $100 or $150 if you are willing to wait until the end of winter or spring.
You can save money by buying your microwave at the right time and waiting for discount events.
You can save money on your microwave by buying it at the right time. Here are some ways you can do this:
- Buy from a store that has a price match guarantee. Some stores will match the prices of competitors, so if you find a lower price elsewhere, they'll give you the same discount.
- Check out their scratch and dent section. Sometimes these items are dinged up but still work perfectly well—and they're often cheaper than new models!
- Be vigilant for warehouse sales or events where they're clearing out old stock (like after Christmas), especially if there's nothing wrong with the item in question (for example, it just looks ugly). This is also an excellent opportunity to pick up open-box items at deep discounts—you don't know what kind of problem could be lurking inside until you get home!
You can save a lot of money by shopping for microwaves at the right time and getting them from your local retailer. You can also save money by buying used microwave ovens, waiting for warehouse sales or walmart deals to happen in your area.
This article is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge. Content is for informational or entertainment purposes only and does not substitute for personal counsel or professional advice in business, financial, legal, or technical matters.
© 2022 Shanon Sandquist