E-tax by URA
Applying for an Instant TIN
This guide will help you obtain an instant TIN with Uganda Revenue Authority.
Whether you are an importer, exporter, business owner, an individual, company or anyone else provided you are involved in any activity that requires you to pay government taxes, you definitely need a TIN Number.
Obtaining a Tin number in Uganda used to be a hassle in the past, but not any longer. Thanks to the introduction of the Instant TIN service that allows anyone to apply for a TIN from any internet-supported device.
Whether you are is part of your way to go. It should be noted that since the beginning of 1st of July 2012, URA ceased the use of the old PXX-XX-XX Tin series and introduced the new numbered Tins 1100011… as a way to ease the process of the newly introduced Electronic Tax (e-tax) payment system thereby abolishing the manual payment Brafs and slips which people used to access directly from the URA branches.
The Introduction of the e-tax payment system paved way which saw even the mobile phone users through the use of the Mobile Money related services having the ability to pay and enact any tax related transaction paid directly to URA while those who still wished to pay via banks too went ahead enacting their payments via the banks of their choices to enact those petty cashes (NTR) which do not require a Tin number.
As said above, a TIN is required if one is going to enact a government tax for example an importer paying clearing fees to the authorities would be required to own a TIN so as to be in position of completing the transaction.
- The Absentee Motor Vehicle Transfer Process/ Transfer A M/Vehicle, M/Cycle Without Without The Owner
- How To Create Your URA Taxpayer Account Using Your TIN Number/Account Validation
How to register for the new TIN
- Depending on what the purposes of the TIN are for example to transfer a vehicle, to process a company VAT, to pay import or export duties and others whether doing it as a company or individual, one would need to visit the official URA website and browse to option Download Online Forms.
- For an individual, one would need to download the e-tax form DT-1001 while for a Tin Non-Individual Registration (example for a company), one would need to download form DT-1002.
- The downloaded forms will then be saved on either a computer or any data carrier device like a flash disk so as to enable the process of being in position of editing them.
- Next step will be to enable macros on your computer office program and start filling in the details required.
- You will then go back to the URA website and click on the register for taxes, individual or non individual depending on the forms you had downloaded and filled, scroll and select new form in the drop down menu and follow all prompts to upload form.
- After a period of about 48 hours, you should carry your hard copy printed (the manual forms download and filled with the same information you filled with the ones online) and take them over to the nearest URA branch including all the attachments required like the Passport.
UPDATE: Visit ura.go.ug, select instant TIN, add your NIN, email and Phone. Your TIN will be issued instantly
Your new Tin number will be issued accordingly after verifying the documents you submitted as will be directed by the URA staff.
Preview of how to upload the form
WANI MICHEAL on March 31, 2018:
I need your help on how to process the Tin number
Bennet Dunstan Musinguzi on November 08, 2017:
I am stuck with uploading my tin registration form
kamya pual on October 31, 2017:
i need to get tin number but i do not know the procedure
mark alvin m feliciano on August 24, 2015:
how to fill up
agnes babirye on July 08, 2015:
why is the creation of the Tin number gets rejected each time you register.
SHAR NOR (author) from Miami, FL on December 15, 2013:
Thanks for the comments annette and daniel. True, its so simple and can be done by your own self. And Dan, your account has a password and no one can access it. For those who don't know how to enable Macros, check the solution here http://www.thekonsulthub.com/general-articles/how-...