Not everyone's home has a backyard and if you are lucky enough to have one, you should find some backyard landscaping ideas to beautify the space you have. There are actually plenty of things that you can do about it, doesn't matter if you have a big budget or not. However, before getting started with your backyard landscaping project, there are a few things that you should look into:
- Identify what the space is like, so that you will know what you can do with it. If it is a long and narrow space, you will have to do something with lines to make it look more spacious. On the other hand, if it has even proportions and rather spacious, you can pretty much do anything with it.
- The next thing that you need to do is to ask yourself what kind of backyard landscape that you desire? Do you favor something green or do you prefer a burst of colors? How about seating arrangements? You might want to consider a patio, if you have enough space for it. For some who have a rather large space, a small pool perhaps could be a great idea.
Join Hubpages and Make Money!
Do you love to write? Do you know that by publishing your articles on hubpages can earn you awesome monies? Join hubpages now...it's totally FREE!
Some of the backyard landscaping ideas that you can incorporate into your plan include:
- Having an outdoor sitting area. An outdoor living area has almost become a 'priority' or 'necessity' for homeowners. This is particular true for people who love to spend their late evening in the backyard and enjoy a cup of coffee. For your information, homes selling with these outdoor living areas have higher value and sell faster than those without. To get started with this, you will need a firm and even place to lay your furniture. There are many different decking ideas and patio ideas which you can choose from. When considering the material made, always go with something that will accentuate your home style. The whole idea of this is to extent your home insides spaces to the outside and increase your living square footage. To protect your furniture set, you can install patio and deck coverings. These are particular great if you love spending your time outside in the backyard when it rains.
- Adding a water feature into your landscaping design. A water feature is an essential part of a backyard landscaping; it is just as functional as it is beautiful. There are many water features that you can choose from: ponds, fountains, pools, birdbaths, cascades and etc. Depending on the type and size of the water feature and also your backyard space, it can greatly regulate your backyard temperature. One thing that you should remember when choosing a water feature is that always scale it to the size of your backyard. Don't get one which is oversize or one that is too small.
- For DIY enthusiast, incorporate movable landscaping objects into the backyard could also be a good idea. It is easier to do and definitely costs cheaper. Movable object include potted plants, sculptures, water fountains and etc. These are normally small items that you can purchase from your local DIY and/or hardware store.
Depending on the backyard landscaping ideas that you have in mind, you can either proceed it with yourself or hire a professional to do it. If you are a DIY enthusiast, perhaps you should consider designing the landscape itself. For that, getting a landscape design software could be a great idea in assisting you to convert your idea in to plan.
There are plenty of backyard landscaping ideas that are simple enough for you to be able to handle by your own without much hassle. You can find these ideas in landscaping magazines, books, or online landscaping resources that provide you with sample plans and guides.
When doing planning with your backyard landscaping ideas, it is very important that you do not take on more than you can handle, but also have to be realistic. Getting help from professional can be quite expensive but the results might be lovely, but you should prepare to spend a large sum of money on that; well, this again depends on your backyard landscaping ideas and the space that you have.
Kindly rate this hub. Thank you.
Would you like to write for HubPages as well?
Do you have a passion? Or perhaps something that you are very good at and that you want to share it with others? If that's so, why not express your thoughts with writings and have them published on HubPages? HubPages is a great place to share your opinions and thoughts, which at the same time earning you passive income. There are actually few different ways to earn money, and there are many hubs and threads that explain exactly how to do this for you, in simple but yet thorough explanation. HubPages is a great community to meet new friends and hubbers.
Sign Up Today with HubPages for free and be part of the community that contributes to a better world!
Related Articles in the Same Category:
- Malaysia Landscape Company
Ideaworks Resources is a Malaysia leading landscape design company that's specializing in koi pond, patio design, interior garden, swimming pool and etc.
- Landscape Light Ideas for Magnificent Effect
Installing landscape lights can do a lot of different to your garden. You must have noticed the magnificent effects that interior lighting can do to your living space, well the same is true for the exteriors (garden) of your home too.
- Landscape Plans: Incorporate Your Landscaping Ideas and Designs
Doing your home's landscaping on your own could be a very interesting task, you'll not only improve your gardening skill as you will also know more the different aspects on landscaping designs and structure.
- Landscape Design Sofware
Landscape design software is the type of computer program that you can use to draw or create landscape idea and viewing landscaping tasks that have been accomplished by someone else.
- Invitation to Join HubPages
Would you like to write for HubPages? Publishing your articles on HubPages will not only let your to express your opinions and passion but also earn you passive income. Visit the link to learn more.
Kelsey Elise Farrell from Orange County, CA on September 09, 2015:
Wow, some of those yard pictures make me so sad I live in an apartment. I can't wait to put some of these ideas to use one day!
KenWu (author) from Malaysia on March 14, 2013:
Thanks Kathryn for you valuable time and comment. I hope that you wish of getting a new home will be fulfilled very soon. Good day!
Kathryn from Windsor, Connecticut on March 14, 2013:
These are very beautiful ideas. When I get a house, this is one thing I look forward to doing. It is amazing how you can make a yard go from dull to fabulous after putting some planning and care into it. Thanks for sharing this with us. I am going to share it with others.
Kassandra on October 31, 2012:
Great post! If you have an outdoor space as an extension of your home you'll definitely use it more then having a space that you don't enjoy. Some landscapes can be pretty technical but for the most part as long as your pretty handy, www.youtube.com has tips to help the DIY and www.blushirt.com has tonnes of plans that can help you get started. As a home owner I've hired out landscapers for the most technical portions and the rest my husband and I have tackled ourselves.....it's been backbreaking but rewarding!
PondWorld from Dallas, TX on August 16, 2011:
Nice, we're the "water feature" specialists so these other complimentary ideas are great! Thanks!
Water features on August 15, 2011:
Water features gives the scenery a more appealing accent and Splashing, amazingly clear water can never fail to catch one's attention.
KenWu (author) from Malaysia on June 02, 2011:
Jimmy, thanks for droppin' by!
Jimmy Evola from Australia on June 02, 2011:
Very comprehensive and interesting hub, thanks ken
KenWu (author) from Malaysia on May 31, 2011:
It's beautiful and I believe only contractors can do that. :)
Brent Stone on May 31, 2011:
I love the path in the main picture. Im sure there is a fair bit of form work to get that design.
KenWu (author) from Malaysia on May 13, 2011:
Thanks for dropping and reading this, Peggy.
Peggy Woods from Houston, Texas on May 09, 2011:
You have shown us some beautiful landscape designs in these photos. The only water feature in our backyard is a birdbath that gets plenty of daily action. Would love to incorporate a water feature sculpture sometime. The sound of running water is soothing and pleasant to hear. Rating this hub useful and beautiful.