Paul Bocuse is one of the Generosa series of Modern Shrub roses hybridized by Guillot/Rosaeraies Pierre Guillot of France and released in 1997.
This rose was named for Chef Paul Bocuse who, was born on February 11,1926, Chef Bocuse, a descendant from a family of chefs dating back to the late 1600's,on the banks of the Saône in Collonges-au-Mont-d'Or, where the Bocuse's have been cooking professionally since 1765, when his ancestor Michel opened a little auberge in an abandoned flour mill.
Paul Bocuse is a French chef based in Lyon who is famous for the high quality of his restaurants and his innovative approaches to cuisine.
The Blooms of the Paul Bocuse Rose, grows in clusters that are a rich apricot in color, rosette shaped, fully double, quartered and deeply cupped.
Actually in just one vase full of cut flowers, you will see a variety of color. Apricot, salmon, pink, and apricot lightly flushed with pink as the bloom begins to fade.
A repeat bloomer throughout spring, summer and fall.
An upright shrub/bush with shiny dark green foliage.
A very good cutting flower. The cut flowers of the Paul Bocuse usually will last anywhere from 3 to 7 days.
The Paul Bocuse Generosa rose is a fragrant, disease resistant foliage, and does best in full sun.
Like most shrub roses Paul Bocuse tend to bloom prolifically over a long season. And continues to look with little or no pruning.
The stems, are quite prickly, may be upright, there are some stems that will arch, trail, or scramble.Reaching high and wide.
Deadheading is something that should be done for every rose bush.
When we remove any spent, faded, withered, or discolored flowers we are encouraging the plant to pouring its energy and resources in to forming new shoots and blooms, rather than fruit production (rose hips). Deadheading will keep the plant looking beautiful. However if you are growing the bush for the rose hips then you won't want to deadhead.
The main pesky pest that affects roses is the aphid, it will suck the sap and weaken the plant. Japanese beetles also harm rose flowers and foliage in certain areas. Roses are also used as food plants by the larvae of some butterflies and moths that feed on them.
Spraying them with insecticides is helpful, but may also harm the good critters as well, such as ladybugs which eat aphids.
- The Pilgrim Climber- A David Austin Rose
The fragrant flowers are strong and perfectly shaped. A pure egg yolk yellow rose with the outer edges laced in white.
- The Ballerina Rose
A lovely shrub rose with small pink and white flowers. Chock full of long blooming lightly fragrant flowers.
- Lady Banks Rose- Yellow
A vigorous climber, practically thorn-less rambler. with its long elegant canes that will climb to the top of any nearby tree, shrub,fence or arbor.
- The Gartendirektor Otto Linne Rose
The Gartendirektor is a beautiful antique rose. Its branches consist of huge clusters of small, ruffled, heavenly scented, deep pink flowers.
More Generosa Rose's
Roses considered to be Generosa varieties are:
Generosa roses are very full, old fashion type roses that are being created by the French firm of Guillot. Their main purpose is to bring back the beauty and strong fragrance of yesterdays roses.
- Anne Laure : Dark red. Single (4-8 petals), flat bloom form. Blooms in flushes throughout the season.
- Aurore de Jacques-Marie : White or white blend, yellow center. Full (26-40 petals), ruffled bloom
- Belle de Dom : Pink, with white reverse. Tea rose fragrance. Double
- Carmeline : Light pink. Moderate fragrance
- Chantal Merieux : Pink. Strong, myrrh, old rose, with a strawberry fragrance
- Claudia Cardinale : Orange and yellow. Strong fragrance
- Cybelle ; Deep pink. Full, in small clusters, cupped bloom form
- Dan Pocet : Carmine-pink. With a Strong fragrance
- Eliane Gillet : White and pink, red edges. With a mild fragrance
- Florence Delatre : Mauve or purplish blend. With a strong, spice fragrance
- Francis Blaise : Pink, with yellow undertones. Has a strong fragrance
- Gene Tierney : Yellow. With a mild, myrrh fragrance
- Jardins de Viels Maisons : Pink. With a slightly fruity fragrance
- Joelle Marouani : Light yellow. Mild, citrus, fruity, rose, spice fragrance
- La Rose Bordeaux : Light pink. With a strong fragrance, Has large full flowers
- Madame Paule Massad : Light yellow, with pink shading. With a strong fragrance
- Manuel Canovas : Whitish blend. Mild fragrance
- Marquise Spinola : pink. Strong, fruity, sweet fragrance with small double clusters
- Martine Guillot : White or white blend. Strong, gardenia, lilac, rose, violets fragrance
- Morabito : Yellow, with pink shading, and apricot highlights. Mild fragrance. Double small cluster
- Paul Bocuse : Apricot, Mild, fruity fragrance
- Sonia Rykiel : Coral-pink. Strong, honey, raspberry, tea rose fragrance
Types Of Roses
Faythe Payne (author) from USA on April 07, 2013:
My Cook Book ...Thank you so much for the compliments and the visit..
Dil Vil from India on April 07, 2013:
Beautiful photos! good hub.
Faythe Payne (author) from USA on April 06, 2013:
Gcrhoads64..the rose measures 4 inchs across..so yes it is pretty big.
Faythe Payne (author) from USA on April 06, 2013:
Thank You for the visit billybuc...They can be a lot of work if you have many..But I enjoy it
Gable Rhoads from North Dakota on April 06, 2013:
That is a beautiful rose. Is it as big as it looks in the picture?
Bill Holland from Olympia, WA on April 06, 2013:
They really are lovely. We don't grow roses in our yard; although I love them I just don't take the time to properly care for them, so there is no point in trying. Maybe some day. Thanks for the education and tips.