Jeff Smith has been an online writer for three years and has provided the number of useful articles on home improvement.
When purchasing a toilet, different brands, types, styles, and size affect the overall approval of the customer. Small bathroom ideas and tricks can help you in saving a lot of space and provide additional comfort in a small space. Following these guidelines can help in accomplishing a satisfying transaction and save a lot of space.
What are your favorite small bathroom ideas?
1. Examine the contour of the bowl. The space and purpose of the area determine the bowl shape needed. Most rooms contain extended bowls. Circular bowls do not afford the comfort of the oval bowls and are less sanitary than their elongated counterparts but are more suitable in small spaces.
2. Assess the amount of room available. Toilets come in various sizes. Choose the toilet that saves plenty of space. Tank size must be included in the toilet. Consider height, length, and width when choosing the product. Measure the distance from the trap way to the walls and other room fixtures to ensure that there is adequate space.
3. Consider the trap way diameter. Smaller openings create an opportunity for the obstruction of water flow. Larger traps reduce the probability of clogs.
4. Compare tank types. Two varieties are common. Gravity-fed tanks make use of the water’s weight to press waste through the trap. Condensed air in pressure-assisted tanks thrust water into the bowl. Gravity-fed tanks are more cost-efficient, easier to repair and flush more quietly. However, pressure-assisted tanks provide a superior flush.
5. Select the toilet’s installation style. Toilets are sold as a one-piece or two-piece units. More commonly employed, the two-piece unit is less costly to purchase. The tank and bowl are separate parts that are attached during installation. One-piece toilets consist of several parts incorporated into one product during installation. One-piece units are likely to be more fashionable, slighter in size, and more sanitary than the two-piece toilets.
6. Investigate the ease of maintenance and repair. Glazes and liners help avert bacteria formation and provide moisture control. Tight seals help prevent areas inaccessible for cleaning.
7. Decide on the desired style. Enhance the room by choosing a colored toilet. Placing a large toilet in a room may create the look of a smaller space. If the toilet is too small for the area, unsightly gaps may occur. Check that the color, style, and size are complementary to space.
8 Extra features to consider include higher seating and drying systems. Although adding the expense to the purchase, these features can create additional comfort to the customer. Higher seating is available for ease in lowering down and rising up, especially for the elderly or physically challenged.
In new home purchases, remodeling, or replacements, selecting the ideal toilet for space adds comfort, practicality, and style, and may avert difficulties in years to come especially if you have a small space. Small bathroom design ideas if implemented properly can help you save on money and space, in addition to bringing comfort the luxury way.
50 Small Bathroom Design Ideas
© 2019 Jeff Smith