It's Almost a Work of Art Now
My husband made an extra long power cord from some heavy duty extension cord stock for me so that I can reach my sawmill which is parked behind the shop and has no power of its own.
Since I don't always need to use it, I hang it in the shop on a hook. The cord was severely tangled the other day when I used it, and I was tempted to hang it up as it was.
But, I changed my mind and started to untangle the mess.
Since I had a somewhat larger area to lay the cord down on, I first stretched it out and found the ends, which I hung up. One on the tailgate of the pickup, and the other on the bobcat.
Just so I knew where the ends were.
Then I stretched and turned the loops. I tried to make them as long and as untangled as possible. At this point, it was time to grab one end and start threading it through the mass of cord laying there. My objective was to free the end of the cord.
Put the plug in under, and pull the entire end of the cord through.
After a while, I decided to roll up the end that I was feeding through, so as I fed it over and under, I was pulling just the loops through, instead of pulling the straightened cord. I
Finally, the tangled pile of loops was becoming smaller and smaller until finally, I started rolling the cord around an object that was near. That object just happened to be the [cold] muffler pipe on the bobcat.
That worked very well for looping it around, and keeping my loops all the same size.
Once the entire cord was looped up, I removed it from the pipe and hung it where it belongs, on the hanger and nail.
I feel like it looks much better. Ready for the next project.