Storage Solutions For Every Room
A small home needn't mean small storage space. An unused nook or cranny here and there is just begging for your belongings. Maximize your storage by capitalizing on your home's existing space. Check out these awesome and innovative storage solutions.
Check out easy storage ideas for small spaces for all tutorials and instructions.
Tension Rod Storage
Here's an awesome way to store tension rods under your sink - and keep everything super organized. No drilling required and really cheap, get your cupboards organized today!
1) Shower Pocket Organizer
Shower pocket organizers are a great way to keep all your shower essentials neatly organized and within easy reach during your shower.
Better still the mesh material is really quick drying so it wont get moldy and smelly. So no more knocking things over in the morning and scrambling round for shampoo and razors - it's all there nicely, neatly organized! Yay!
Buy Shower Organizers Here
2) Towel Baskets: Really great way to keep your towels compactly stored, aired and still within easy access. You can easily get baskets at your local charity store - and simply nail to the wall through the weave of the basket.
3) Bathroom Window Storage: Brilliant way to utilize a narrow wall - can be completed within a couple of hours.
4) Wrapping Paper Storage Ideal for the craft room, store wrapping paper with wire closet shelving turned sideways.
5) 5 Minute Shoe Storage with Tension Rods No drilling required! This is seriously one of the best hacks ever for getting instant shoe storage, and super awesome if you cant drill holes in your walls!
2) Towel Baskets
3) Bathroom Window Storage
4) Wrapping Paper Storage
6) Kitchen Jar Organizers Screw canister lids to the bottom of cupboards for an instant jar tidy.
7) Cupboard Door Organizer Rack Make additional space by mounting labelled compartments to the inside of cabinet doors.
8) Secret Storage for Small Spaces A slide out rack, built from simple materials, is perfect for items such as spices and soups.
9) Pot Lid Rack Mount a magazine rack to the inside of cabinet doors for holding pot lids.
10) Fridge Magnet Storage Reuse funky containers by adding magnets and store items like pens and pencils on your fridge.
11) Tin Can Craft Storage Art supplies are safely stored in repurposed tin cans turned into a funky wall art organizer. Start saving those tins and get painting!
12) Hideaway Storage Under the bed is a perfect nook for keeping items tidy: simply attach casters to the bottoms of drawers for rolling storage.
13) Foldout Desk Instantly create a home office with this foldout desk with a compact storage area on top, and a large writing area on the bottom.
14) Pallet Wood Bathroom Storage Repurposed wood is a cost effective way to store toiletries in the bathroom.
15) Space Saving Product Drawers Use baskets in drawers to separate your onions from your tomatoes.
11) Tin Can Craft Storage
12) Hideaway Storage
16) Wallmount Desk Jewelry Storage A wall-mount desk is a neat cache for jewelry and other such items.
17) Secret Drawer for Toilet Roll Use a hidden compartment to stash unsightly toilet rolls.
18) Dish Rack Drainer No need to move the dishes after they air dry with this dish rack built into a cupboard.
19) Chicken Feeder Storage for Oil and Vinegar Upcycle old items for new awesome storage solutions.
20) Button Organizers for Earrings Attach your earrings to buttons to keep them together.
21) Magnetic Wall Strips for Toy Cars Magnetic wall storage for cars is perfect for boys bedrooms and also handy to store knives in the kitchen.
22) Medicine Cabinet Vintage suitcases are an adorable way to house medicines in the bathroom.
23) Mason Jar Bathroom Storage Hang mason jars on an old pallet to hold everything from cotton swabs to nail polishes.
24) Pivot Wardrobe Storage A rotating wardrobe is ideal for ease and speed of finding objects.
25) Pot Rack Hang hooks on a metal frame to keep your pots in one place.
26) Silver Spice Rack Get an old silver plated server from the Thrift store, cut a piece of wood to fit inside it and voilà.
27) Laundry Basket Craft Storage Sort ribbons by poking through the holes in a basket.
Help your friends to de-clutter by sharing this page and check out the link for more helpful tips.
28) DIY Shoebox Charging Station: Learn how to upcycle an old shoebox into an amazing Charging Station in about 30 minutes!
All you need for this , is a shoe box, nice paper and some rivets. It's a great way to get your messy cables looking tidy and keep chargers in the one place.
Frances lumpkin on November 07, 2020:
WoW!! Great ideals i love to try these
Celeste Wilson on August 05, 2018:
Oh my goodness, so smart. There are a few I'm going to try. Especially the tin cans on the wall. Thank you for the inspiration.
Susan Hazelton from Sunny Florida on June 21, 2018:
Amazing ideas. I can't wait to try a few.
Scott Shiles from Colleyville, TX 76034 on August 30, 2017:
Awesome, Its great regarding the baskets ideas!
dandelionweeds from Canada on March 10, 2017:
Love it!! Great ideas, thx for sharing. I'm going to follow you.
craftybegonia from Southwestern, United States on March 04, 2017:
Those are great ideas and solutions! Before we moved West we lived in apartments in New York and storage ideas are always valuable!
Nicole E Dodds from Charlotte, North Carolina on February 10, 2017:
Love these ideas!
Anna Emprendedora from Barcelona on January 31, 2017:
¡Qué interesante! Voy a utilizar algunas ideas para mi oficina compartida en Barcelona.
So interesting! I will use some of your tips for my shared office in Barcelona.
Louise Powles from Norfolk, England on January 20, 2017:
I like the shower storage curtain. I could do with one of them. I live in a small place, so a lot of these storage solutions would be ideal for me.
Ted Salmons on January 09, 2017:
Does anybody know if the "cabinet" around the toilet was purchased (if so where) or built at home?
Heather Tackett from Cartersville, GA on September 29, 2016:
Wow! This page is going to be my best friend. I especially like the under sink tension bars for cleaning products and the wrapping paper solution with the closet rack. Right now I have wrapping paper crammed on top of a closet, and it always rolls off onto the floor or my head!
Kinga Hauer from Kraków on August 11, 2016:
thanks, great and helpfull ideas :) Great hub !
Dee on August 09, 2016:
Great and Ingenious Ideas! There are quite a few I will be using in a 533 square foot apartment. The complex calls the apartment "cozy;" I said, just say "small or tight!" We laughed! Thank You for these ideas! One can never have enough storage or organizational space.
ezzly (author) on July 26, 2016:
Thanks Tuyen, yes exactly , double up on storage capacity :)
Tuyen Hoang on July 15, 2016:
Good idear !
When floor isnot enough to use we need other space like wall, window...
Shirley Urso-Farmer from Michigan on July 14, 2016:
You're very welcome :)
ezzly (author) on July 14, 2016:
Thanks Shirl and Melange !
Adi Quamina from Trinidad & Tobago on July 11, 2016:
super cute, love the baskets ideas!
Shirley Urso-Farmer from Michigan on July 02, 2016:
Great article, not the usual tips I've seen over & over again.. thanks :)
ezzly (author) on June 23, 2016:
Thanks Carol, yes its surprising the amount of extra storage you can get with sneaky solutions like that :)
Carol Morris on June 23, 2016:
Thanks for this great hub! I've seen many of these ideas, but not the shower pocket holder, I am going to look for one, it looks like it might solve some problems in the kids' bathroom.
Margie on June 22, 2016:
how do I make the pallet bathroom storage?
Claudia Voigt on May 27, 2016:
Target has that item.
terri on April 30, 2016:
I like the around the toilet shelves but can't find out how it's made!!!
ezzly (author) on February 15, 2016:
Thanks Paul !
Paul Whitehead on February 14, 2016:
I'm new to HubPages, but I have to say these are brilliant ideas for storage. I can see myself utilizing these in my own home :) Great article.
ezzly (author) on December 19, 2015:
Hi Arla, check here http://www.decooffer.com/others/bathroom-antique-w...
Takk fyrir Sigrun
Arla on December 17, 2015:
Where O Where did you buy the item for over the toilet? I want one!
ezzly (author) on September 13, 2015:
Hi Liz you can purchase it here
liz g on September 13, 2015:
Where can I find the setup for the toilet paper holder with side shelves over toilet
ezzly (author) on August 26, 2015:
Hi Aisha , use nails and hammer them in through the weave of the baskets :)
Hi Tam, screw a small section of wire closet shelving vertically to the side of a closet wall for wrapping paper holder :)
Aisha on August 25, 2015:
Hi, thank you for the lovely ideas. How do you attach the baskets on the walls to hold towels? Is it screwed in the wall?
Tam on July 11, 2015:
How do you attach the shelving to the wall for the wrapping paper holder?
ezzly (author) on June 11, 2015:
Thats great Kim :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting
Kim on June 10, 2015:
Great ideas that I can put to use in our smaller home!
ezzly (author) on June 07, 2015:
Hi Melanie you can purchase it here http://www.decooffer.com/others/bathroom-antique-w...
melanie on June 06, 2015:
Where can I get the cabinet around the toilet?
ezzly (author) on June 05, 2015:
Hi nancy you can get it here http://www.orangeonions.com/sei-white-fold-out-con...
Nancy on June 03, 2015:
Where can I find the fold out desk?
ezzly (author) on May 19, 2015:
Thanks for visiting and commenting Rosemary :)
Rosemary Rocheleau on May 19, 2015:
wow love all these ideas, definitely going to try some of them
ezzly (author) on April 11, 2015:
Thanks for visiting mop holder yes it's important to keep that wine nice ;)
MopHolder on April 05, 2015:
It is important to store wine in a room that has a cool temperature to make sure it tastes better.
ezzly (author) on April 01, 2015:
Thanks Lucile, cannot beat having extra storage :)
lucille12 on March 31, 2015:
They are perfect candidates for hanging storage organization.
ezzly (author) on March 07, 2015:
Hi Kimberly its reiko floral shower curtain http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reiko-Floral-Brown-Green-B...
Kimberly C. on March 05, 2015:
Can you tell me where the shower curtain is from? Thanks for so many great tips!
ezzly (author) on February 26, 2015:
Thanks for commenting Laura335 :)
Laura Smith from Pittsburgh, PA on February 25, 2015:
I love the wrapping paper idea. I make such a mess of the rolls in my closet. Thanks for the tips!
ezzly (author) on February 23, 2015:
Thanks for visiting mcrawford
Matthew I Crawford from Greeley, Colorado on February 22, 2015:
Some excellent ideas there. Great hub!
ezzly (author) on February 22, 2015:
Thanks for visiting Lynette :)
Lynette A Kelly-Bell from Chicago on February 21, 2015:
These are really savvy ideas, I really need to do a few of these to make more space in my room.
ezzly (author) on February 12, 2015:
Thanks for commenting Deborah-Diane
Deborah-Diane from Orange County, California on February 12, 2015:
What clever storage ideas. Almost anyone would find something they could use in this article! So creative.
ezzly (author) on February 07, 2015:
Thanks for stopping by Teri :)
Teri Stohlberg on February 06, 2015:
These ideas are all fabulous, I can't wait to try them all!
ezzly (author) on February 06, 2015:
Thanks for commenting Rtalloni , yes doesn't it seem we have more stuff now than ever! Sorting it is the right answer :)
RTalloni on February 06, 2015:
People are downsizing in order to be free of so much stuff, but having the stuff we have organized in appropriate storage is so important. These are some good ideas.
ezzly (author) on February 02, 2015:
Wow that's an awesome thing for you to do for your wife , I know I have about 1 million pairs of shoes. Thanks for stopping by !
Brandon Hart from The Game on February 02, 2015:
I really like ideas 4, 7, 11, and 24. I have used hooks (like the ones holding the baskets on idea #2) to make a set of racks for my wife to hang up her shoes.
ezzly (author) on February 02, 2015:
Hi Diana you can get it here http://www.ambfurniture.com/White-finish-wood-rota...
Diana on February 02, 2015:
Does anyone know where to buy the "pivot wardrobe storage" ?? Love it...thank you
ezzly (author) on February 02, 2015:
Absolutely, if you have shelves in the closets why not get yourself plenty of baskets to put inside for all your bits and bobs ? Thanks for commenting :)
Kristen Howe from Northeast Ohio on February 02, 2015:
Great ideas. Would the same ideas would apply to an apartment, too? The only storage space I have is closets.
ezzly (author) on January 31, 2015:
Hey Peachpurple thanks for commenting, yeh , baskets are so handy for pretty much anywhere in the home for added storgae :)
peachy from Home Sweet Home on January 31, 2015:
i need to buy some baskets for the bathroom, thanks for the tips
ezzly (author) on January 31, 2015:
Thank smithy and Nicolas ray. That home sounds very interesting, best of luck with it !
Nicolas Ray from Stamford, CT on January 30, 2015:
Nice ideas...working on a very interesting Victorian home for a client and some of these ideas are perfect. Thanks.
mithy on January 30, 2015:
ezzly (author) on January 27, 2015:
Thanks for visiting Risa, you have great taste!
Marisa K. Rouse from North Carolina on January 27, 2015:
Love these ideas! My favorite is the chicken feeder!
ezzly (author) on December 31, 2014:
Ain't that the truth ! Thanks for visiting and have a great new year :)
Lou Cannon from British Columbia, Canada on December 30, 2014:
Always wonderful to read about 'DE-cluttering!'
ezzly (author) on November 09, 2014:
Thanks yes, great for de cluttering :)
stacy on November 08, 2014: