Tension Rod Storage
Here's an awesome way to store tension rods under your sink - and keep everything super organized. No drilling required and really cheap, get your cupboards organized today!
Definitely one of my better ideas! Can't drill in our rental's kitchen so I used a tension rod and two pronged shower curtain "rings." This will help keep the utensil drawer in check! I'm sure S-hooks would work too.
1) Tension rod used to hang kitchen utensils
2) Separate spices easily
3) Hang boots with tension rod and mini hangers
4) Under the sink kitchen storage
5) Use tension rods as dividers for trays and chopping boards
6) Store plastic wrap, saran wrap etc with ease
Jewelry organization ideas
Today I'm finally getting around to doing jewelry and accessories organization! I'm going to show you a few different DIY's so if you want to make something more unique and personalized then you're good to go.
If you just want to buy something because you don't have time to do something yourself I'm going to show you some cool jewelry organizers that I found online.
7) Photo frame with hooks and chicken wire
8) Pallet jewelry organizer
9) Use a hanger and s-hooks to hang necklaces
10) Use hooks for large necklace storage
11) Use clipboards and chicken wire to display your Jewelry
12) Re-purposed bulletin board used to hang jewelery
Dollar tree bath toys organization ideas
I'm going to share with you how we organize bath toys in our teeny bathroom!
We used to hang Carson's bath toys from the shower curtain and it worked super well until he wanted to pick the toys he wanted in the bath so we had a bunch of Dollar Tree bin scattered all over the floor and the system didn't work anymore.
So let me show you the products we use so you can do it too!
13) Rubber-coated baskets & metal shower curtain hooks
14) Bathtub toy storage from Dollar Tree
15) White plastic tubs with 3M hooks
16) Kmart shower caddies (also come in a rectangle version)
17) Items from the dollar store: basket & shower curtain rings
18) Hang baskets on a shower rod for tidy baby bath toy storage
Dollar Tree Hacks to organize spice drawers
Is your spice drawer driving you crazy? Does your spice cabinet have items falling out of the door?
Well fret no more I'm going to show you how using dollar store products you can create completely custom spice organization for your house on a shoestring budget so your kitchen can be organized!
19) Spice drawer organization
20) Boxes for makeup storage
21) I like the idea of having bathroom drawers divided into compartments
22) Makeup organization and storage
23) Easy makeup organization
24) Foam board drawer dividers
Clever home hacks using a shoe organizer
Do you have a shoe organizer laying around? If not you might want to get one, as I've got 20 ideas to get your home organized in no time in the kitchen!
Add some breakfast foods, snacks, drink, mixes, crackers, lunch items and more and you have a snack organizer! Add oil, vinegar, seasonings and make it a seasoning organizer or add utensils and baking items and make it a baking supply organizer.
25) Ziptie a shoe organizer onto the end of your shelf & instant storage
26) Finally! My garden tools are now in one spot. Over the door shoe holder
27) Barbie storage
28) Gives each person 4 pockets to store their shampoo, conditioner, body wash
29) Over the door organizers for snacks
30) Toy storage
How to make your own craft paint organizer storage rack
Today's project is one where I create some storage for my paint supplies using PVC pipe. I'm making some cubbies and they're gonna go I'm going to screw them to the top of my desk.
31) DIY shoe storage from PVC pipes
32) PVC pipe glued together for storing brushes & paint tubes
33) PVC wine rack
34) PVC pipe tool storage
35) White PVC pipe shoe storage
36) PVC 4 inch pipe coupling acrylic paint storage
How to make built in shelves
In this video I'm gonna take you step-by-step on how you can install floating shelves between two walls also known as a box shelf.
We're gonna be installing some floating shelves encased in between these two walls, I'll also show you how to do all the framing!
37) Built in bathroom toilet paper holder
38) Built-in Bookshelf, built right in between the studs
39) Built in floating shelves
40) Built in shelves in living room
41) Hallway storage
42) Create extra space with built in shelves
DIY Ikea shoe storage hack
This is like kind of like an Ikea hack but the most simple thing to do ever! So basically it's how I made my new shoe wall, it's definitely not rocket science.
Let me talk you through the shelves and show you how we constructed it. The main info you need to know is the shelves are from Ikea, they're from their lack collection.
43) Crown molding shoe shelves
44) Over the door shoe organizer
45) Floor to ceiling shoe shelves
46) Ikea shoe organizer shelves
47) Hallway shoe storage solution
48) Shoe storage with pull out drawers
Dollar tree perfume organizer
So today's DIY project is this beautiful shelf that I came up with to store my perfumes! It can sit on your vanity on your dresser in the bathroom or wherever else you would like.
You can also use it for makeup or anything else that you would like but I came up with this for my perfumes. So the first things you're going to need is two mirrors and everything I got came from the Dollar Tree.
49) A plate n candle stand equal a perfume display
50) DIY perfume tray - love this for the bedroom
51) DIY perfume tray
52) Perfume display, cabinet
53) Pretty perfume display idea
54) Tiered perfume stand topped with flower arrangement
Installing an above-door shelf
Today we're going to be making an over-the-door shelf. This project will probably take you less than two hours and cost you less than $10.
It's really easy and anyone can do it. You can use this shelf to display items or just for extra storage whatever you may like but either way I think you'll really like the way it turns out!
55) Over the door bathroom shelf
56) Over the door book shelf
57) Create extra space with above the door shelving
58) Shelves over window seating
59) Maximize library space
60) Window surrounded by book shelves
Frances lumpkin on November 07, 2020:
WoW!! Great ideals i love to try these
Celeste Wilson on August 05, 2018:
Oh my goodness, so smart. There are a few I'm going to try. Especially the tin cans on the wall. Thank you for the inspiration.
Susan Hazelton from Northern New York on June 21, 2018:
Amazing ideas. I can't wait to try a few.
Scott Shiles from Colleyville, TX 76034 on August 30, 2017:
Awesome, Its great regarding the baskets ideas!
dandelionweeds from Canada on March 10, 2017:
Love it!! Great ideas, thx for sharing. I'm going to follow you.
craftybegonia from Southwestern, United States on March 04, 2017:
Those are great ideas and solutions! Before we moved West we lived in apartments in New York and storage ideas are always valuable!
Nicole E Dodds from Charlotte, North Carolina on February 10, 2017:
Love these ideas!
Anna Emprendedora from Barcelona on January 31, 2017:
¡Qué interesante! Voy a utilizar algunas ideas para mi oficina compartida en Barcelona.
So interesting! I will use some of your tips for my shared office in Barcelona.
Louise Powles from Norfolk, England on January 20, 2017:
I like the shower storage curtain. I could do with one of them. I live in a small place, so a lot of these storage solutions would be ideal for me.
Ted Salmons on January 09, 2017:
Does anybody know if the "cabinet" around the toilet was purchased (if so where) or built at home?
Heather Tackett from Cartersville, GA on September 29, 2016:
Wow! This page is going to be my best friend. I especially like the under sink tension bars for cleaning products and the wrapping paper solution with the closet rack. Right now I have wrapping paper crammed on top of a closet, and it always rolls off onto the floor or my head!
Kinga Hauer from Kraków on August 11, 2016:
thanks, great and helpfull ideas :) Great hub !
Dee on August 09, 2016:
Great and Ingenious Ideas! There are quite a few I will be using in a 533 square foot apartment. The complex calls the apartment "cozy;" I said, just say "small or tight!" We laughed! Thank You for these ideas! One can never have enough storage or organizational space.
ezzly (author) on July 26, 2016:
Thanks Tuyen, yes exactly , double up on storage capacity :)
Tuyen Hoang on July 15, 2016:
Good idear !
When floor isnot enough to use we need other space like wall, window...
Shirley Urso-Farmer from Michigan on July 14, 2016:
You're very welcome :)
ezzly (author) on July 14, 2016:
Thanks Shirl and Melange !
Adi Quamina from Trinidad & Tobago on July 11, 2016:
super cute, love the baskets ideas!
Shirley Urso-Farmer from Michigan on July 02, 2016:
Great article, not the usual tips I've seen over & over again.. thanks :)
ezzly (author) on June 23, 2016:
Thanks Carol, yes its surprising the amount of extra storage you can get with sneaky solutions like that :)
Carol Morris on June 23, 2016:
Thanks for this great hub! I've seen many of these ideas, but not the shower pocket holder, I am going to look for one, it looks like it might solve some problems in the kids' bathroom.
Margie on June 22, 2016:
how do I make the pallet bathroom storage?
Claudia Voigt on May 27, 2016:
Target has that item.
terri on April 30, 2016:
I like the around the toilet shelves but can't find out how it's made!!!
ezzly (author) on February 15, 2016:
Thanks Paul !
Paul Whitehead on February 14, 2016:
I'm new to HubPages, but I have to say these are brilliant ideas for storage. I can see myself utilizing these in my own home :) Great article.
ezzly (author) on December 19, 2015:
Hi Arla, check here http://www.decooffer.com/others/bathroom-antique-w...
Takk fyrir Sigrun
Arla on December 17, 2015:
Where O Where did you buy the item for over the toilet? I want o