This girl has a passion for everything Java-related and loves to get the day started with the Espresso machine started.
The Hunt For The Perfect Shot of Espresso is ON!
This is my review of the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine and how it performs, in my personal opinion.
I’ve been a coffee connoisseur in search of the perfect shot of home-brewed Java in the hopes of sharing my love of everything coffee with like-minded coffee-loving individuals such as myself!
For me, the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine ticks all the right boxes to my preferences. In addition to offering a third-wave formula specialty coffee, this espresso machine, with its sleek design featuring an integrated grinder, can produce a shot of espresso in less than a minute–perfect for the on-the-go professional with little time at their disposal. At the Coffee Brewing Pro, we pride ourselves on delivering personally tried and tested no-nonsense reviews that reflect both the pros and cons of each product.
This article will do a proverbial deep-dive into what you can expect from this machine in terms of quality, output, and, most importantly–versatility by investigating the pros and cons associated with this amazing barista machine that forms a part of the epic Breville brand house.
Do you want to learn why this machine is perfect for you? Then accompany me on this marvelous journey of discovery. So what are you waiting for?
The Breville BESXL Barista Express Espresso Machine at a Glance
Breville BES 870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine (Best for Authentic-Cafè Style Espresso)
Amazon’s Choice for “Espresso Machine”
The Coffee Brewing Pro Star Rating: ★★★★★
Fancy yourself a wannabe espresso maker? Then you should invest in this flagship product from the Italian coffee manufacturer Breville. This all-in-one espresso machine boasts everything that you need to make velvety-smooth espresso every.single.time!
This machine can produce a rich, robust coffee that bursts with flavor with every cup crafted–all thanks to its dose-control grinding feature. This ensures freshly ground coffee that is expertly ground at the touch of a button–all in the comfort of your home.
No more do you have to go through the tedious process of grinding your beans first and then transferring them to your machine when you invest in this espresso machine from Breville. The built-in grinder has been optimized to control each dose to ensure that you don’t get any watery after effects.
The Breville BES870XL is also compatible with any bean roast, meaning it can cater to a whole family with different palates and taste preferences.
Micro-Foam Milk Texturing
One of my favorite features about the machine is the steam wand that allows you to explore your creativity when crafting latte art. The layer of light and fluffy micro-foam enhances the machine’s overall performance and complements the coffee’s flavor like a warm hug in winter.
This manual feature puts you firmly in the driving seat to control the texture of your foam.
Grind Size Dial
This user-friendly feature is straightforward to use, putting you firmly in control of your preferred grind size, regardless of the select bean type. Every coffee lover will appreciate this feature as the right grind plays an integral part in the flavor extracted into the water.
Precise Espresso Extraction
The PID (digital temperature control) feature delivers the perfect water temperature to the espresso extraction process, which enables your inner Javaphile to enjoy your espresso just the way you like it!
What I Liked
- The machine comes with accessories which include a Razor Dose Trimming Tool, Stainless Steel Portafilter, one- and two-cup Dual and Single Wall Filter Baskets, Stainless Steel Milk Jug, Tablets, Cleaning Disc, Integrated Tamper, Brush Tool with Allen Key, a Water Filter and a Filter Holder. I mean, what more could you ask for, right?
- The device comes with a one-year limited warranty, and as a bonus for a limited time, you get a free bag of specialty beans while stocks last with your purchase of any Breville machine and when you join this exclusive community.
- It gives the at-home coffee creator the option of manually brewing a cup or using the automatic crafting feature.
What I Didn’t Like
- This machine might prove challenging for homebrew newbies to navigate, and I strongly recommend that you read all of the instructions carefully to get the best performance out of the machine. This fact might put off some buyers.
- I won’t recommend getting the black color for coffee lovers who are also keen on an aesthetically pleasing machine as the paint might chip off over time. Even though this doesn’t impact the mechanical features, it is worth mentioning.
- Breville doesn’t offer replacement parts for the machine, which means that if the machine malfunctions, it would have to be sent in for repairs (including shipping costs), or a new machine would have to be purchased. So this coffee-producing device might not be ideal for those that are seeking a low-maintenance machine.
My review of the Breville BES870XL Express Espresso Machine Review would not be complete if I didn’t provide a few suitable alternatives that can still compete in the high-quality espresso division.
You can expect the same delivery from this reputable appliance brand when it comes to a great cup of coffee, and it is more budget-friendly. It also comprises features such as a 12-step grinder adjustment, and the device is fully automatic with the ability to produce five aromatic coffee types.
Like the Breville BES870 XL, Gaggia Brera has developed a product that can stand next to its Italian competitor. This easy-to-use machine is versatile and possesses the capability to produce a plethora of different coffee drinks, including espresso, Americanos, and tea.
This is an excellent alternative for newbie coffee lovers and individuals who prefer a no-frills, no-fuss device to use at home. As the name suggests, this machine can produce espresso and cappuccino drinks with the touch of only one button. It doesn’t get easier than this beauty!
With so many different options of espresso machines, it’s no doubt that the all-important decision can be overwhelming, especially if you are a first-time buyer. That’s why I’ve taken the guesswork out of the process for you, to allow you to make an informed decision about whether or not this is the device for you!
With so many great benefits and features on offer, it’s no wonder that the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine is a firm favorite across the world. With all the wonderful accessories included, and a choice of going analog or automatic, you can sit back and enjoy the perfect shot every time!
This device is just waiting for you to take it for a spin; you definitely won’t be disappointed! Go on, what are you waiting for? Order your Amazon Best Seller here.
This content reflects the personal opinions of the author. It is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and should not be substituted for impartial fact or advice in legal, political, or personal matters.
© 2021 Skyler Cole