Do You Know That There Are Some Amazing Uses For Baking Soda
More Great Ways To Clean With Baking Soda
Clean Your Kitchen And Bathroom Sink Super Clean
Your kitchen sink can be cleaned super clean and made really fresh smelling by mixing 1/4 cup of baking soda into a cup of white vinegar. Mix the solution up together very well and then apply with a paper towel all over the surfaces of the sink.
Use a toothbrush kept for this purpose to clean spigots and corners by dipping the toothbrush into the solution and then scrub away until everything is sparkling clean. This is really the only way you can clean behind the spigots on some bathroom sinks. After getting the sink really clean pour any remaining vinegar and baking solution down the sink and let the cold water run for 5 minutes to give the drain a nice fresh smelling clean smell.
Nontoxic Bathroom Cleaner
Here's how to make a wonderful non toxic bathroom cleaner to clean any bathroom surface really clean.
1. Two Tablespoons White Vinegar.
2. One Half Cup Dawns Dish Detergent.
3. One Cup Baking Soda.
4. One Half Cup Lemon Juice.
5. Two Cups Water.
Put the ingredients into a large spray bottle so you can shake the container up very well each time you use it. You'll find that this is one of if not the best safe bathroom cleaners you'll ever make and use. It will get every surface sparkling clean and it smells really great to.
Excellent Carpet Cleaning Solution
Make this solution up and apply it with a toothbrush to any spot on your carpet. Rub it in well to get the solution down into the stain.
1. One Cup Baking Soda.
2. One Cup White Vinegar.
3. One Fourth Cup Dawns Dish Detergent
Mix the three items up together very well being sure to stir or shake it up very well before each use. Apply the solution to the stained area and then scrub with a toothbrush to clean the stain up. Scrub with a cotton cloth to clean the stain up well. Let it dry and even stubborn stains will be cleaned up. This works very well on any stains from pets.
Really Clean And Great Smelling Clothing
You can add a half cup of baking soda to any load of clothes you are washing and it will make colored clothing brighter and it really makes white clothes clean and white. You'll also find that when you dry your clothing it will be really fresh smelling.
Give Your Washing Machine A Super Cleaning
Fill your washing machine with hot water, a half cup of Dawn's Dish Detergent, a half cup of lemon juice, a cup of baking soda and a cup of vinegar. Turn the washing machine off once it fills up and let it set there with the solution in it for 45 minutes. Use a toothbrush and a cloth to clean any surface above the water line using some of the water cleaning solution from the washing machine. At the same time wipe the exterior of your washing machine super clean with the same solution. Don't forget to wash down the outside of the dryer. Once a week wet and I mean soak a large washcloth with fresh squeezed lemon juice and wipe down the inside of your dryer. Then run the dryer and dry the wash cloth for about 5 minutes. Wow what a clean smelling dryer you will have.
Refrigerator Super Clean
Super clean your refrigerator about once a week. When you do this you need to set everything out of the refrigerator and remove all drawers and shelf's that you can. Then mix up a solution of 1 cup baking soda, 1 cup white vinegar and 1/4 cup lemon juice and wipe down all exposed surfaces being sure to clean under any drawers or shelf's. Wash the drawers and shelf's you remove in warm soapy water before you put them back. Be sure to wipe down all the exterior surfaces of the refrigerator.
Please share this Hub Page URL with your Facebook, Twitter and family and friends. Pin the photos to Pinterest also if you will please. Thanks for sharing.
Many Great Uses For Baking Soda
I bet you didn't know that baking soda has all kinds of uses you have probably never thought of. And in case you don't know baking soda is also known as Bicarbonate of Soda. And although many different products have been developed over the years to do the same job baking soda still works better than the product that was developed to replace it. You can use baking soda in the below ways.
Be Sure To Check Out These Great Sites
1. You can make your own baking powder by mixing together 2 tablespoons of cream of tartar , 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and mix together well. I think you will find that homemade baking powder made this way will out perform the store bought baking soda. Baking soda made this way is perfect for setting in the refrigerator to get rid of bad odors.
2. You can keep a box of baking soda near your stove and it will quickly put out small burner fires. And the baking soda won't cause damage. Keep in mind that baking soda will put out a grease fire while water will not.
3. keep a box of baking soda in your garage and in your car or truck to put out small fires. Again the baking soda will put out fires and it won't cause damage. You just brush it away once the fire is out. Keep a container of baking soda setting near by and you can sprinkle it on oil spills from your vehicles to make cleaning up the oil spills much easier.
4. Baking soda will put almost any fire. Just sprinkle it on the fire and it will go out. If you have a pan with grease in it catch on fire pour a box of baking soda on it and the fire will go right out.
5. You can use baking soda to clean your fruits and vegetables. Just add a tablespoon to water and wash your fruits and vegetables in the water.
6. Wash your trash cans with baking soda to both clean the trash cans and leave them with a nice fresh smell.
7. Soak your diapers in baking soda and you will see after you wash the diapers that they are much cleaner than normal.
8. Baking soda is the secret to get oil and gas stains out of clothing. Just make up a bakingsoda paste and work it into your clothing stains.
9. Clean your freezer and refrigerator with a wet rag dabbed in you guessed it baking soda. It will bring stained spots in your refrigerator sparkling clean.
10. Keep an open box of baking soda in your refrigerator and freezer to keep them nice and fresh and get rid of odors.
11. Baking soda will help to both keep your cats litter box smelling fresh and will help to keep it clean. Sprinkle the bottom of your cats litter box with baking soda and mix your cats litter 2 parts cat litter and 1 part baking soda.
12. You can add 1/2 cup of baking soda to each load of washing you do and your clothes will smell fresher than they ever have and they will turn out extra clean.
13. Clean your brushes and combs in a quart of water that you have added a tablespoon of baking soda to.
14. Wash all your drink and Kool Aid containers with a baking soda and water solution.
15. To make your marble topped furniture look new and sparkling clean wash it with a solution made of one quart of water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda and then wash clean with clean water.
16. Clean your Formica tops with a water and baking soda solution the same strength as in number 15. Again be sure to wipe clean with a cotton rag and clean water.
17. Wash out coffee thermoses with a baking soda water solution. You can in fact fill your thermos with a tablespoon of baking soda and then fill with water. Leave overnight and then wash well the next morning. Your thermos will be clean and nice smelling.
18. To remove stubborn stains from counter tops mix a baking soda paste up and cover the stain. Scrub the stain with an old toothbrush to remove really hard to remove stains.
19. Wash your glass or steel coffee pots but never your aluminum ones with a strong baking soda / water solution to get them really clean and fresh smelling.
20. To clean the inside of your coffee maker add a tablespoon of baking soda to a pot of water and run it through your coffee maker. You won't believe how great your coffee will taste after you clean the inside of your coffee maker with baking soda.
21. You can clean your baby bottles very clean with baking soda and water. After cleaning with baking soda rinse them well.
22. Sprinkle your barbecue grills racks with water and then sprinkle them heavily with baking soda and let them set a few hours. Clean them well after and you will be amazed at how clean your grills racks will be.
23. If you have oil spills in your garage sprinkle them heavily with wet baking soda and scrub the stain with a heavy duty scrub brush. Let it stand a few hours and your oil stain should just wash away.
24. You can polish your silver and silverware with wet baking soda on a wet rag. Wipe clean with a damp rag and your silver and silverware will be cleaner than ever.
25. To clean really stained silver you can line an enamel pot with aluminum foil and then add water and baking soda. Just don't add pieces of silver with cemented handles or they will come off. And your enamel pot will have to be large enough to add your large pieces of silver.
26. You can greatly reduce odors in your dishwasher by adding the contents of a box of baking soda to the dishwasher and allow it to go through its cycle.
27. If your dishwasher is heavily stained run two cycles with the baking soda to remove stubborn stains and odors.
28. To remove stubborn burnt on stains from pots or pans add a tablespoon or two of baking soda to the pot or pan and fill with water. Allow to soak a few hours and the stain will come straight out. Do not do this in aluminum pots or pans as it will damage them.
29. You can use baking soda to clean cast iron pots and pans. Make a baking soda paste apply and allow it to stay on over night.
30. You can really clean up stainless steel with baking soda. Clean with the baking soda and then wipe clean and dry with a cotton rag.
31. You can remove even stubborn stains and smudges from glass with a rag dampened with a baking soda / water solution.
32. Clean your ash trays with baking soda / water solution to remove stains and the odor.
33. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda in ash trays to keep them smelling fresh.
34. Clean your bathroom and all bathroom surfaces with a wet sponge sprinkled with baking soda.
35. Keep your drains and commodes flowing and clean smelling by putting four tablespoons of baking soda down each once a week.
36. Soak your shower curtain in your bathtub in water with baking soda in it to clean your shower curtain and bathtub.
37. To remove strong odors from your hands wet your hands with water and baking soda , scrub together and then rinse well.
38. Baking soda will clean your dentures or teeth cleaner than anything else.
39. Put a teaspoon of baking soda in each shoe you own once a month to keep them clean and fresh smelling. Just shake it out before you put on the shoes.
40. You can add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your bathe to soften your skin.
41. Put 2 teaspoons of baking soda in your babies bathwater to prevent diaper rash.
42. You can apply baking soda directly to insect bites to stop the pain and itching almost at once.
43. You can soak in a baking soda bath if you have a lot of insect or mosquito bites to bring relief to you.
44. Baking soda will cure indigestion by putting a teaspoon of baking soda in a 8 ounce glass of water.
45. Gargle with a teaspoon of baking soda in a 8 ounce glass of water to freshen your breathe and get rid of mouth odor.
46. Baking soda will also cure canker sores.
47. Relieve sunburn with a quart of water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda shook up in it. Rub it on the sub burned area.
48. You can take the sting out of a bee or wasp sting with a paste of baking soda.
49. Flowers with a teaspoon of baking soda will last longer than those just placed in water.
50. A windburn can be cured quickly with a baking soda paste.
51. You can make play dough out of 2 parts baking soda , 1 cup corn starch and water and food colors.
52. Baking soda makes a great under arm deodorant.
53. Baking soda paste place on stains on your babies or children's clothing before you place them in the laundry basket will get the stains out when you wash the clothes.
54. Wash your chicken in a baking soda solution to get it really clean before you bread and fry it.
55. You can easily clean your cars windshield super clean by cleaning with a baking soda solution and then windex.
56. Add a teaspoon of baking soda to your beans when you are cooking them to help prevent gas and aid in digestion.
57. When you wash your fish when cleaning them add baking soda to the water to help get them extra clean and to cut down on odors.
58. Soak your dish cloths in baking soda and water to keep them super fresh and clean.
59. Use dry on pocket books with a small brush to get the pocket books really clean. Sprinkle baking soda in stored pocket books to keep them clean and fresh.
60. You can use baking soda to remove melted plastic from your toaster.
And there are your sixty uses for baking soda though there really are many many more ways to use baking soda.
Thanks for reading my hub page on the sixty uses for baking soda and please feel free to post your comments or questions below.
Please share this Hub Page URL with your Facebook, Twitter and family and friends. Pin the photos to Pinterest also if you will please. Thanks for sharing.
In case you don't know baking soda and sodium bicarbonate are one in the same.
Did you know that you can make a paste from baking soda and water and it's really great to clean with. But don't clean objects made out of aluminum with baking soda or sodium bicarbonate because it will eat the object up.
A Great Way To Clean Silver Or Silver Plate
Line the bottom of a plastic container with aluminum foil and then fill the container with water with two tablespoons of baking soda per gallon of water in it and then you can put silver or silver plate items in the water and it will clean them almost instantly. You have to use a container large enough to hold your larger silver or silver plate items.
Baking Soda Is Effective Against Fungus Growth
You can soak your feet in warm water with baking soda in it and if you have athletes feet it will clear it up. Just be sure to keep your feet very dry and use anti fungal powders on your feet.
Baking Soda Is Good For Mold
If you have black mold in a spot in your bathroom make up a strong solution of baking soda and water and use the baking soda water to scrub the area of the wall with the mold. It will help to kill the mold and the mold won't come back.
Want Really White Teeth Brush Them With Baking Soda
Baking Soda is really great to whiten your teeth and freshen your breath. You'll now find many brands of toothpaste sold that contains baking soda.
Do You Know The Ancient Egyptians Used Baking Soda
Yes it's true. The ancient Egyptians used naturally occurring deposits of natron which was mostly made up of baking soda. Natron was used by the ancient Egyptians in embalming but it was also used as a cleaning agent much like soap.
Sodium Bicarbonate Is Used As An Antacid
Many people use baking soda as an antacid to get rid of heart burn and indigestion.
© 2010 Thomas Byers
Please post your comments or questions about the sixty uses for baking soda below, Also feel free to ask questions.
Deborah on April 14, 2016:
I had no idea baking soda could be used in so many different ways, I shall be trying quite a few of them, thank you for sharing this information, much appreciated.
SolveMyMaze on June 19, 2013:
Nice hub. I've used baking soda on steel pots before to great success. I've also found that when using bathroom cleaner sprays on glass shower doors that they leave a horrible residue. However, by making a quick baking soda paste with a bit of water on a sponge, it's great for removing the residue.
amy on December 08, 2012:
This was very interesting and helpful. I found out things which I didn't know before.
steve on November 16, 2012:
i use it in water to b drop the ph in my blood and it stops the attacks of gout
carol stanley from Arizona on August 14, 2012:
I love this hub. When you have a product like baking soda you can eliminate so many other things in your cleaning cabinet. I am going to vote up and share. Thanks for this great hub.
Craig Hartranft from Southeastern Pennsylvania on August 13, 2012:
Tips on using Baking Soda never gets old; it's right up there with the benefits of Lemon Juice around the house.
minesgm from Texas on August 28, 2010:
I used baking soda on some chaps on the side of my nose and on my flaky eyebrow. It does help and this is a great hub.. thanks.
Thomas Byers (author) from East Coast , United States on August 27, 2010:
Yes Baking Soda has so many uses that no one would think of. Great stuff. And thanks for the comment.
Paradise7 from Upstate New York on August 27, 2010:
This was great! I never knew you could use baking soda to relieve indigestion or to get melted plastic off your toaster!! Those were new ones on me. Our mom used to put a baking soda paste on our mesquito bites to take the sting out, and it WORKED!