Brenda is an Ottawa native with a small eBay store. As Treasures by Brenda she sells a variety of new, used and vintage merchandise.
Elizabeth Taylor's Jewelry Was Legendary
Elizabeth Taylor's jewels were legendary. Most notable perhaps was the Taylor-Burton 33.19-carat Krupp diamond. However, that was just the tip of the iceberg in Elizabeth Taylor's collection.
During her lifetime, Liz amassed a huge collection of magnificent pieces, each of which has a personal story. She also amassed a large knowledge and understanding of fine jewellery. She truly was an expert and well suited to penning the magnificent book, Elizabeth Taylor's My Love Affair With Jewelry.
Elizabeth Taylor's My Love Affair With Jewelry is an oversized book filled with stories written by Taylor about the pieces in her jewelry collection. The text flows as though one is having a conversation with the late actress and the pictures of both Taylor and her jewelry are all stunning.
Whether you love Elizabeth Taylor, you love jewelry or you love both, you will love Elizabeth Taylor's book, My Love Affair With Jewelry. Unfortunately, this book was expensive when it was new and now, as a collector's item of sorts, it is even more so. On this page, learn more about the book.
Elizabeth Taylor's My Love Affair With Jewelry is available in both hardcover and paperback versions but it is the hardcover book that I have before me. It is a coffee-table style book, which is packed with text by and pictures of Elizabeth Taylor or simply, 240 pages of jewelry. The following are a few highlights of what you will find between the covers of this book:
- The chapter titled A Charmed Life includes many of Elizabeth Taylor's charm bracelets and charms.
- The Legacy of Love talks about the ruby and diamond necklace, bracelet and ear pendents.
- Learn more about the 33 carat Krupp diamond purchased in 1968 and given to her by Richard Burton.
- In It's Tuesday, I Love You Taylor celebrates Richard Burton's famous Tuesday gifts.
- Elizabeth Taylor talks about pieces like the Taj Mahal diamond, the King Farouk bracelet, the La Peregrina pearl and the Taylor-Burton diamond. They were particularly important pieces that she felt were entrusted to her care while she was alive.
- My Own Private Zoo discusses Taylor's animal themed pieces like the pearl, diamond and emerald lion bracelet.
- In Family Life Taylor shares some of the heirloom pieces from her family. Although not part of this chapter, I enjoyed the story of her first jewelry purchase, as a young girl, of a brooch for her mother. It was purchased on lay-away and she saved the money slowly and carefully. I think that makes this one of the most valuable pieces Taylor owned.
Reviews of Elizabeth Taylor: My Love Affair with Jewelry
People love the book Elizabeth Taylor's My Love Affair With Jewelry. It is a wonderful gathering of the story and legend of Elizabeth Taylor's jewels in Taylor's own words. It is a magnificent invitation to visit Taylor's collection and it is the only way most of us will ever have to view her jewels.
Eric McCalla remembers when Elizabeth and Richard Burton visited the set of The Lucy Show in which Liz was a guest star. Lucy asked to try on the Cartier diamond and, as always, Taylor was happy to oblige. The ring went on...but would not come off and panic ensued on the part of Lucy. Elizabeth Taylor was always willing to share and felt that it was her job to share her jewelry with the world. In this book, she shares all of the magnificent pieces in her collection with all of us.
Elizabeth Taylor's My Love Affair With Jewelry is a sumptuous and beautifully-made book. The pictures are top-quality, in color and full page. If you add this book to your collection, you will treasure it and, as jeweler Trent D. Pendley says, you will likely "turn each page slowly, relishing the beauty, the dialogue and feeling very fulfilled when reaching the end many pages later." I did.
What's Happening To Elizabeth Taylor's Jewelry Collection?
After reading Elizabeth Taylor: My Love Affair With Jewelry, I found myself wondering what was happening with Elizabeth Taylor’s jewelry collection now that she is no longer alive. A little searching turned up the fact that, although no dates have been announced, Christie’s auction house will be selling her collection and some of her other effects including art, clothing and memorabilia. Her jewelry pieces included the work of Bulgari, Cartier, Tiffany and Boucheron and is thought to be worth $150 million.
The House of Taylor is a company which sells jewelry pieces designed, created and/or inspired by Elizabeth Taylor. They include Taylor's favorites gems like rubies, emeralds and saphires and, of course, diamonds.
- House of Taylor Jewellery on eBay
Shop for great deals on Elizabeth Taylor's House of Taylor jewellery pieces by visiting eBay.
More Elizabeth Taylor Reading
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo Book Review
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo: Love. Glamour. The Price of Fame.
- Elizabeth Taylor Book Reviews: A List
Nine interesting books to add to your Elizabeth Taylor collection.
- Elizabeth Taylor Movie Collection
Discover the Elizabeth Taylor Signature Collection.
- You Can Own Andy Warhol's Elizabeth Taylor
Learn about Liz #5 by Andy Warhol.
- The Best Elizabeth Taylor Movies
Uncover the BEST Elizabeth Taylor movies.
- Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton Movies
How many movies did Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton made together?
- Liz and Dick: Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton Movie
Learn about Liz & Dick, a movie about the world of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
- Meet Elizabeth (Liz) Taylor: A Brief Biography
Discover a brief biography of Elizabeth Taylor.
© 2011 Treasures By Brenda
What do you think of Elizabeth Taylor's Jewelry Collection?
Treasures By Brenda (author) from Canada on November 09, 2014:
I agree, Charmcrazey, it's a lovely book -- and very readable.
Wanda Fitzgerald from Central Florida on October 19, 2014:
I have this book and love it. Full of personal stories.
Ruthi on September 28, 2011:
Terrific book review! I would much rather read The Queen and I. Liz jewelry is gorgeous, but Liz is a gem and I bet the tales in that book are also priceless.
anonymous on September 28, 2011:
This is a book that I think I might ask for for Christmas. I love jewelry and Elizabeth Taylor had some truly exquisite pieces. Blessed by an Angel today.
Joan4 on May 30, 2011:
I would love to read Elizabeth Taylor's Jewelry Collection!
moonlitta on May 29, 2011:
I only knew about the large diamond (the (Taylor-Burton one) and that she had a really large collection. The book will probably be an interesting reading!
Moe Wood from Eastern Ontario on May 28, 2011:
Liz Taylor was a gorgeous woman with fabulous taste in jewelry. :D
Susan Deppner from Arkansas USA on May 28, 2011:
Beautiful jewelry and you've presented it all so well here. I think Elizabeth would be pleased!