Article Author: Gous Ahmed
When it comes to annoying things, everyone should understand that most of the time it is the stupid actions of other people that we hate or find annoying, and not the person who actually does the annoying things.
You can look at it this way as well, when someone in a supermarket does something stupidly annoying, we dislike what they did, but because we don't know that person, we don't hate them, but we hate what they did.
Anyone can say what they like and what they don't like, but when it comes to annoying things, most people will agree with my list below. People hate their jobs, hate the government, their local shops, hate electronics etc...
I have compiled a generous number of things that annoy people, make people angry and hate other people for their actions. It's not just people, even nature gets involved, especially when it comes to passing wind in public! The list below are pet hate or pet peeves for some people.
There are many things that people like or dislike, and this article is concentrating only on dislikes, pet hates, pet peeves and annoying things. In some situations when something happens unkowingly it can be very embarrassing but very funny for people standing or waiting nearby.
For example when you are in a beautiful, atmospheric restaurant with the music in the background playing away, and everyone is talking quietly. Then you try to grab your lovely glass of red wine and accidentally you totally miss and spill the drink on the white clothed table over it. When the waiters realise what has happened, they run over to your table to clean it up, but you are bursting with embarrassment and become red faced when everyone in the whole restaurant is staring at you in disgust probably thinking 'He's a LOSER!!!'
If you have any pet peeves or annoying things that isn't on here, then feel free to add them in the comments section below.
Ready, Steady, GO!
Here we go!
- Long queues when shopping
- When shopping bags rip at the bottom and all your grocery fall out!
- When your umbrella turns inside out because of the wind!
- When your boiler doesn't work until you smack it a few times (same for tvs, radios and most electronic things!)
- Someone in front of you drives well below the legal speed limit and you can't overtake them, you want to honk your horn but a cop is nearby
- Heels break on women's high heels shoes! Oh! The embarrassment!
- When you meet people when socialising who think they know everything
- Bird sxxt on your car, head, clothes (Lol!)
- Test cricket that lasts about two weeks. I wonder how people don't get bored with this game because it lasts days and days! Where is the excitement???
- People who overtake you on a motorway, and then drive slower than you!
- You plan a nice break somewhere, knowing it will be nice weather, then suddenly it starts raining cats and dogs!
- Religious preachers knocking on you door?
- When someone sneezes in front of you, without turning away from you or hodling up a tissue!
- When someone else breaks wind in a lift, and people look at you thinking it was you! Come on, this most definitely must have happened to you!!!
Ok, that was a good start i think, time for some more!
This video is fantastically funny, and shows exactly what i'm talking about!
It Gets Better!
- People who don't flush the toilet, or wash their hands after use! (Eek!!!)
- Women's lipstick found on drink glasses (buy better lip stick please!)
- People who take soaps and other TV programmes too seriously!
- People who follow every update about their favourite celebrity
- When someone 'big' sized sits next to you on the train, plane or bus and you don't have enough room
- When you run out of toilet paper! (very bad!)
- Teachers who are highly qualified that don't know more than you!
- People throwing litter on the floor, when there is a bin a yard away!
- When you are ignored by someone in public after you request information (don't you hate that and go red all over with embarrassment because everyone stares at you! Or you become angry and start screaming at them!)
- Alcoholics and drug addicts who beg for money so they can top up on some more (what's the point? If you give, they'll come back for more)
- Children and adults who act like spoilt brats in public!
- Lids you can't open because they're too tight, and then some weakling opens it with no effort!
- When someone goes to the toilet and walks out with toilet tissue stuck on their shoes or pants!
- Snow after it melts and dampens your lovely shoes and trousers/jeans/skirt etc...
- When your first date is slouched in the cinema seat, not giving you an opportunity to get naughty! You know what i mean, this must have happened you!
- When governments go on about climate change, then stqart taxing businesses and people for their benefit, when really they aren't really bothered about it!
- When you get a ticket for parking illegally, but traffic wardens and police get away with parking on double yellows or anywhere illegally!
- Your washing comes out multicoloured, you know you bought something fake! Or very cheap! Or you mixed the washing with other strong coloured clothes
- When your battery goes flat on your mobile phone, but you carry on talking not to make a fool of yourself in front of other people, and you talk to yourself, then say bye!
- When your breath stinks but you can't tell, and when people move their face away from you when you speak then you realise, and you stop talking!
- When someone picks their nose, and when they realise they are being watched, they want to eat the bogey, but pretend they're biting their nail and eat it! (Feels like vomiting!)
- When you step on dog/cat/horse sxxt
- Your zip gets stuck when you are zipping up/down, and it takes you a while to get it right again after TRYING to pull it up and down vigorously!
- On the seating area of a steam room, you go to sit comfortably, in peace and quiet, but other people chatter away
- You find blood, hair and skin on the seats in steam rooms
- People don't close the door behind them (I hate this very much!)
- People don't hold doors open for other people when they can and it is very easy to do so!
- You don't fit into your very recently bought clothes because you put weight on
- When your computer freezes! (Aaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!)
- You trip over on a banana skin
- You hold a door open for someone, they take their time, still taking their time. OH HURRY UP OR I'LL LET GO! You think to yourself. After all that, they don't even thank you!
Can you think of more? Any i haven't added that you can think of? Well, add them below in the comments box! I know there are a lot more, and if i carry on, i won't be able to publish it, if you know what i mean. This is why i want it to be interactive and you to write your things in the comments, so get going please and thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed reading this please rate 'UP' and leave a comment, thanks!
Be sure to watch the video below, it'll make you burst out laughing!
Check Theses Out!!!
- What is a Jinn? In Islam Do Jinns Attack Humans?
This is a fascinating subject where we look into the existence of Jinn who live with and around human beings on Earth. Did you know that Jinns live with us in our homes? Find out more here...
- What is Bubblews? How to Make Money Fast on Bubblews
Bubblews is an online revenue sharing site that pays you for your activity like any social network site. You get paid for writing articles and other activities. Make money online on Bubblews.com
- Is Bubblews A Scam? Does Bubblews Pay?
Is Bubblews a Scam? Why are there so many article, blogs etc on the internet stating or discussing whether Bubblews is a scam?
- Hubbers You Must Follow on Hubpages to Become Success...
Welcome to Hubpages! Why not JOIN Hubpages now if you haven't already done so? If you have already joined Hubpages and have got started with writing articles, (everyone at Hubpages call articles 'hubs'), then well done and i wish you all the best at.
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on December 08, 2014:
YUK!!! I totally despise that too! It's unhygienic and disgusting! Thanks for bringing this one up Sheila!!!
Sheila s on December 07, 2014:
The thing that absolutely irritates me is when people lick their fingers turning pages. At the supermarket when the cashier licks her finger to give s plastic bag( you might say take your own bag, I do now) and some people even lick their finger before keying their PIN number. Don't people realise that all that licking is spreading germs, especially when one is coughing and have a nasal drip.
Liam Pitt on November 01, 2013:
Space invaders! (People who feel the need to stand eyeball to eyeball to you when talking! Grrrr
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on July 11, 2012:
Lol, thanks for your input!
evvy_09 from Athens, AL on July 10, 2012:
I agree with a lot on this list. I manage in a fast food restaurant and I have seen some annoying habits of people. The worst is knowing when someone has not washed their hands after a bathroom trip and having to take their money. Sometimes they will then use their hand sanitizer after you touched them.
Opening a door for me is nice, but when I am are several feet behind, please do not stand there and tell me to hurry up.
The whole list is pretty true and funny.
Me on June 13, 2012:
When people won't let you of the bus because they are In the way
jonnyhague79 on May 18, 2012:
BTW it was called suicidal washing tablets if anyone is interested
jonnyhague79 on May 18, 2012:
really funny! i read an ebook that was full off these sorts of things, i cant get enough of them!
rutley from South Jersey on December 14, 2011:
LOVE it! Care to read any of my hubs? I'm new to hub pages and I too love a sense of humor!
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on October 24, 2011:
Why should i be embarrassed? There's nothing to be embarrassed about! And it may be revealing to you, but not other people!
NotPC on October 24, 2011:
No offense, but aren't you kinda embarrassed for writing this? It's quite revealing...
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on September 20, 2011:
Thank you very much for reading! I appreciate it!
Mrs. J. B. from Southern California on May 28, 2011:
I had to stop by and re-read your hub. I loved it even more the second time around. Have a great weekend.
Mrs. J. B.
Amy DeMarco from Chicago on February 27, 2011:
These are all hilarious and sooo true. Thx for making me smile :)
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on February 10, 2011:
I agree with you on all of the above!!! Thank you for pointing these out! I experience this nearly every week, lol, and i still don't learn!
One day i will learn, or maybe it's the supermarkets and the stupid people out there who should learn!
Mrs. J. B. from Southern California on February 09, 2011:
HMMM. What I hate is parents that let their kids run and I mean run all over department stores or let their child either whine, cry or have a full blown tantrum and keep right on shopping as though nothing is happening.
Another thing I hate, is when you go to the check out stand at the grocery store, the place is dead, no one is in line and the checker whoever tells you that they can take you, so you head on over to their lane not knowing it was the 10 item or less lane. No sooner do you start putting your 50 items or more on the belt, low and behold customers. You then hear the clicking of the tongue, the huff and puff or the loud comment made to whoever they are with, about you mean she didn't see the sign.... I hate people that walk and drop. ( FAMILY ). Come home drop their phone, keys etc. on the counter walk off, then are screaming that they can't find their phone. Or they leave their dirty clothes on the bathroom floor after taking a shower, any dish that they atke to their room, stays there still another science project is due..
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on March 07, 2010:
@ mike oxbig, thanks for your comment, happy to have made you laugh and you found them funny!
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on March 07, 2010:
@ support med, don't they just? The small vids i mean, they look real cute! Happy to have made you laugh! Thanks for the comment.
mike oxbigg on March 05, 2010:
these are funny af.
Support Med. from Michigan on March 05, 2010:
I'll try to make the smaller videos sometimes, it looks neat! Thanks for the laugh!!!!!
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on February 23, 2010:
Really happy to have cheered you up! I'll give myself a pat on the back!!!
Thanks for leaving a comment, Donnacha C.
Take care and enjoy you days to come, and i hope they are stress free!
Donnacha C from Ennis, Co Clare, Republic of Ireland on February 23, 2010:
just read it after a long and stressful day at work and it really cheered me up:))) thanks:))))
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on February 11, 2010:
Lol, thanks geekiest! This is an ongoing hub, so i will add more on
We are all victims of most of them, or will be in future!
Glad you liked it.
geekiest on February 10, 2010:
Wow!!! i found myself victim of few.. :) bt wont tell which one.. :).. i liked it
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on January 25, 2010:
Everyone can relate up to 90% of the list above. Now you know.
Thank you for reading!
tipperary on January 25, 2010:
I never knew there was so many things i hated, ha ha. Enjoyed this, will be back to read more!
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on January 23, 2010:
Yes, things not to be taken for granted. On it's way soon!
qaz123 on January 23, 2010:
things not to be taken for granted
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on January 16, 2010:
Thank you Mr. Nice and congrats on achieving 100,000 views! It's amazing.
Now you tell me, i will probably write one on things people like. Thank you for the suggestion!
Mr Nice from North America on January 16, 2010:
Interesting list of things people don't like. How about another hub what people do like. Good observation, there are many things I don't like either. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on January 10, 2010:
Thank you both for your comments. I will keep adding more on as i go along, because i think this list can be endless!
Thanks for your contributions.
Freya Cesare from Borneo Island, Indonesia on January 09, 2010:
Hei, the hub growing!
G Miah said, "sometimes in some circumstances you have to say what gets put in your mouth!"
In that kind of circumstance, usually I chose to locked my mouth and hide the key! :D
Daniel Christian from Los Angeles, CA on January 09, 2010:
Telemarketers! Depends on your mood and circumstance as you say. Good points and nice hub G.
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on January 07, 2010:
Lol, sometimes in some circumstances you have to say what gets put in your mouth!
Freya Cesare from Borneo Island, Indonesia on January 06, 2010:
"Your first one sounds like me!"
What? lol! I don't believe that. Good writer always have mind of his own.
Cassandra Mantis from UK and Nerujenia on January 06, 2010:
I loved reading this, sounds like just another day in paradise! Heh!
Gous Ahmed (author) from Muslim Nation on January 06, 2010:
Freya and OpinionDuck thank you for you comments and excellent additions to the list.
When i first started writing it, i called it 'Pet Hates', but after i read the list, i had to change it. It's a good thing i did change the name.
* Freya - Your first one sounds like me!
* OpinionDuck - Totally agree with you on that!
OpinionDuck on January 05, 2010:
Interest hub and it captures many of the annoyances of everyday life. i liked it and hit the up rating button.
My contribution to this list, is having voters, vote incumbents into office every term, when the incumbents never met their election promises.
Freya Cesare from Borneo Island, Indonesia on January 05, 2010:
"When your first date is slouched in the cinema seat, not giving you an opportunity to get naughty!"???? lol. It must be listing as men stuff, I suppose? But I agree with many inside this list.
This 2 from me:
When you heard somebody act like parrot, start repeating other people sentences or just agree for every words of others without thinking.
When somebody become so hard headed and start talking nonsense to skipping the truth. really annoying!