- Inspirational Songs of Comfort to Move Through the Loss of a Loved One
If you have lost someone you love through an illness, accident, miscarriage, or any other unfortunate event, here are some songs to help through their death and the grieving process.
- Inspirational Movies Based on the Loss of a Loved On...
If you know someone who is dying and have lost someone, here are some movies that tell of people's stories of loss and how they work through their death and their own personal journey of grief.
Purpose of Hard Times
1. Hard times produce your greatest Gifts. ~Robin Sherma
2. Hard Times define one’s character. ~Ken Poirot
3. Hard Times often prepare ordinary people for extraordinary destiny. ~C. S. Lewis
4. Perseverance and strength of character will enable us to bear much worse things. ~David Cooperfield
5. When you face difficult times, know that challenges are not sent to destroy you, they’re sent to promote, increase and strengthen you. ~Joel Osteen.
6. Tough times never last, but tough people do. ~Dr. Robert Schuller
7. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” – Joshua J. Marine
8. Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty. ~Thomas S. Monson, Pathways to Perfection: Discourses of Thomas S. Monson
9. Adversity and perseverance and all these things can shape you. They can give you a value and a self-esteem that is priceless. ~Scott Hamiliton.
10. We also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. (The New King James Bible, Romans 5:3-5)
11. Hard Times will always true friends.
- Inspirational Movies to Help During Hard Times in Your Life
Whether you are facing hard economic times, problems in a relationship, an illness, the loss of a loved one or whatever it is, here are some inspirational movies to bring hope and strength.
12. When you begin to worry, go find something to do. Get busy being a blessing to someone; do something fruitful. Talking about your problem or sitting alone, thinking about it, does no good; it serves only to make you miserable. Above all else, remember that worrying is totally useless. Worrying will not solve your problem. ~Joyce Meyer
13. There are moments of frustration in life. You must build good relations to support you in these moments. You must also learn to courage yourself and decide to stay determined in life.”Lailah Gifty Akita, Think Great: Be Great!
14. Why worry about things you can't control when you can keep yourself busy controlling the things that depend on you?Handicaps can only disable us if we let them. If you are continually experiencing trouble or facing obstacles, then you should check to make sure that you are not the problem. Be more concerned with what you can give rather than what you can get because giving truly is the highest level of living. ~John C. Maxwell
15. Relax, Refresh, Renew, Play, Sing, Laugh, Enjoy, Forgive, Dance, Love, Hug, share, Kiss, Create, Explore, Hope, Listen, Dare, Trust, Dream, Learn . TODAY!!! ~Steve Maraboli
16. Keep your Head up. The Toughest challenges can help us grow the most. Worry less. Appreciate more. If you want something, make it happen. ~Brooke Griffin
17. When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
18. Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger. ~Unknown
19. “Confidence, courage and determined spirit are vital for surviving hard times.”―Lailah Gifty Akita
20. One of the major keys to success is to keep moving forward on the journey, making the best of the detours and interruptions, turning adversity into advantage. ~John Maxwell
21. Don’t despise difficult days, I know they’re hard. Don’t hate them. God is at work in the mess. You have not been abandoned. ~Matt Chandler
22. It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life's story will develop. ~Dieter F. Uchtdorf
23. Sometimes adversity is what you need to face in order to become successful. ~Zig Ziglar
24. The circumstances and events we see as setbacks are oftentimes the very things that launch us into periods of intense spiritual growth. ~Charles Stanley
25. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. ~Martin Luther Jr.
26. Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Thomas Edison
27. Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you; they’re supposed to help you discover who you are.”—Bernice Johnson Reagon
More Helpful Hubs and Quotes
- 12 Inspirational Uplifting Songs for Tough Times in ...
Here are some inspirational songs to help you get through the hard, tough times and bring comfort and strength to press on in spite of the difficulties you are encountering.
- 10 Things You Should Never Do in Hard Times
Every person has tough times in their lives. Here are some insight of things you should not do during the difficult seasons of your life and helpful advice to help you through dark times.
- Inspirational Songs for Stressful Times in our Lives
If you are going through days and times to make you stressed, here are songs to relieve those times and bring peace, calm and strength.
- Encouragment for Times of Disappointment: Quotes, In...
This Hub gives encouragement for those who have been disappointed. Take a look at quotes from well known speakers to bring strength and help for disappointment as well as uplifting songs.
Pennington (author) on April 03, 2016:
Hazeltos, I am glad that quote 22 was very helpful to you. Thanks for reading my hub and I appreciate your comment.
Susan Hazelton from Summerfield, Florida on April 03, 2016:
I also felt number 22 was the quote for me. All of them are terrific but that one stuck with me.
Pennington (author) on January 27, 2016:
Absolutely true. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on January 27, 2016:
One needs to stand up for themselves. You can't achieve your goals if you live in the negative phase.
Pennington (author) on January 25, 2016:
Thanks MsDora for stopping by and for your comment.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on January 25, 2016:
I like all the quotes; however, number 22 screams at me. Thank you very much.