- Every moment of your life, including this one, is a fresh start. Jean-Louis Servan-Schreiber
- Happiness is the result of my decision to be happy. There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way. In other words, happiness is a feeling I tap into, not an outcome of events. I can be happy without changing anything in my life except my relationship to my own thinking. I decide to be happy and commit myself to making happiness my state of mind, rather than relying on a set of circumstances to do it for me. Richard Carlson
- A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do. Bob Dylan
- Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action. Benjamin Disraeli.
- The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins. Bob Moawad
- Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. Leo Buscaglia
- If you’re going through hell, keep going. Winston Churchill
- If you hear a voice within saying, ”You can’t paint”, then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced. Vincent Van Gogh
- Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. Albert Schweitzer
- We gain strength and courage and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. We must do that which we think we cannot - Eleanor Roosevelt
- I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve. Albert Schweitzer
- Everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the last and the greatest of human freedoms, to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstance, to choose one’s own way of life. Victor Frankl
- You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it. Robin Williams
- The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he's always doing both. James Michener
- Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures. Jackson Brown Jr.
- If you’re not enjoying the journey, you probably won’t enjoy the destination. Joe Tye
- People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them. George Bernard Shaw
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us - it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. Marianne Williamson - Used by Nelson Mandela in his inaugural speech, 1994.
- You are free to experience life negatively or positively, and the choice you make determines whether you are at cause, or at effect, of the life you are living. Marianne Williamson
- The most human thing we have to do is to learn to speak our honest convictions and feelings and live with the consequences. This is the first requirement of love and it makes us vulnerable to other people who may not accept us as we really are but this truth, our vulnerability is the only real thing we can give to other people. Father WIlliam DuBay
- Above all, to thine own self be true. William Shakespeare
- All I have is a voice to undo the folded lie. The romantic lie in the brain of the sensual man in the street and the lie of authority whose buildings grope the sky. There is no such thing as the State and no one exists alone. Hunger allows no choice to the citizen or the police. We must love one another or die. W. H. Auden
- Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they’re yours. Richard Bach
- Be yourself; everyone else is taken. Oscar Wilde
- Children need love most, when they deserve it the least. Unknown
- Conviction is worthless unless it is converted into action. Thomas Carlyle
- Example has more followers than reason. John Christian Bovee
- In this life you have to have saviours to survive, those curious people who miraculously come into your life for no apparent reason just in time to give you the chance you desperately need or to extract you from evil or disaster. Do they appear because you prayed for help? At the very edge you always pray somehow even if it’s not to God. But God has many names. Unknown
- Just go with it! You cannot be fixed in how you’re going about it any more than you would be fixed if you were setting about to paint a great work of art. Be alert, be self-aware, so that when the opportunity presents itself, you can actually rise to it. Dr. David Bohm
- Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. Anais Nin
- Our lives are ordered by the Divine so that nothing is too much. We are never given more than we can handle; but nothing is too loose either. We can always breathe, yes, but at times the water is up to where the wings of the nose barely touch. And as we grow? As we grow, the water rises. Still we are preserved from drowning. And that is providential because our nature needs a situation that reminds it: You are always at the beginning. In the life of the spirit you are always at the beginning. Dr Allan W. Anderson
- Seek first to understand and then to be understood. Stephen Covey
- Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
- Synchronicity: A meaningful coincidence of two or more events where something other than the probability of chance is involved. C. J. Jung
- The cost of a thing is something called life which is given in exchange for it. Henry Thoreau.
- The problem with assumptions is that we believe they are the truth. Miguel Ruiz
- The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
- There’s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes. Billy Connelly
- There’s no such thing as good weather, or bad weather. There’s just weather and your attitude towards it. Louise Hay
- Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. George Bernard Shaw
- We don’t see things as they are, but rather as we are. Anais Nin
- What we see depends mainly on what we look for. Sir John Lubbock
- When you are moving toward an objective, it is very important to pay attention to the road. It is the road that teaches us the best way to get there and the road that enriches us as we walk its length. You can compare it to a sexual relationship: the caresses of foreplay determine the intensity of the orgasm. Paulo Coelho
- Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia
- When you learn to die, you learn to live. Morrie Swartz
- You’ve got a lot of nerve to say you are my friend - when I was down you just stood there grinning. Bob Dylan
- I discovered that if you want to serve the world, you need to find out what makes you come alive and devote yourself to that - what the world needs most is your 'aliveness'. Steven Norval
- It’s never too late to be the person you could have been. George Eliot
- Start a crusade in your life - to dare to be your best. William Danforth
- Be the change you want to create. Mahatma Gandhi
- It’s not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. Thomas Huxley
- The things we know best are the things we haven't been taught. Marquis de Vauvenargues
More Inspirational Quotes
- More Inspirational Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes about Courage
- More Inspirational Quotes About Being Happy
- Optimistic Inspirational Quotes
- Inspirational Quotes about Your Life
- Inspirational Quotes - The Secret of Happiness
- Inspirational Quotes about Teachers, Trainers and Educators
- Inspirational Quotes about Time
- Inspirational Quotes - Friendship
- Inspirational Quotes About Writing By Writers
- Inspirational Quotes - Love Is
- Inspirational Quotes about Children
- Inspirational Quotes from Bach, Buscaglia, Schulz, Twain, and Paulo Coelho
- Inspirational Quotes About The Magic of Music
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on October 21, 2013:
joseph on October 21, 2013:
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on February 17, 2013:
Hi and thank you, what a great quote. I am a huge Dylan fan. Regards, Russ
Jen Granger from NY on February 16, 2013:
I love some of Bob Dylans Quotes... Here is my favourite!
"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on May 05, 2012:
Thanks Kathryn, every time I revisit this hub, I am inspired once again. I feel it so necessary to balance out the tough times. Thanks for your comments.
kathryn1000 from London on May 05, 2012:
Still enjoying this hub.
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on May 05, 2012:
Thank you Megha, your feedback also inspires. Russ
Megha Verma on May 05, 2012:
Amazing collection of thoughts...they inspire a lot and give us a positive approach towards life!
hema koranga on March 09, 2012:
(^ - ^)
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on March 09, 2012:
Hi Bhakti, yes definitely something to strive for. Thanks for reading and commenting. Russ
bhakti deshmukh on March 09, 2012:
be happy always
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on February 21, 2012:
Thanks Mary, Yes, these reminders are important, they help keep the typical life struggle in perspective.
Mary Wharton on February 20, 2012:
Fantastic reminders of how to think and live!
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on February 16, 2012:
Thanks Kristina, so pleased it's had an impact. Thanks for your comments. Russ
Kristina on February 16, 2012:
Very uplifting. Good thing I found this. Great help for me.
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on February 10, 2012:
And thank you Kitapmektebi!
kitapmektebi on February 09, 2012:
Thank you very nice comments do not need more words http://kitapmektebi.com
Tessa B on February 05, 2012:
Really nice inspirational quotes. Great collection, I find most of mine on LifePulp.com but these are really good as well
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on January 30, 2012:
Thank you Anant, glad you're inspired. Russ
anant bondre on January 30, 2012:
very inspiring quotes
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on January 13, 2012:
Hi Mary Pat, thank you for your positive comments. I'll send you a link to the picture which is on a free site. Rgerads, Russ
Mary Pat Ryan on January 12, 2012:
Love the quotes and pictures. I tried to download the picture of the little girl on the diving board but it would not download. Is there a way I can download that picture? Thanks...your work is beautiful!
miranda on December 27, 2011:
shipra on November 11, 2011:
dis is realy a nyc collection
Matt on November 11, 2011:
Very nice mate. N thank you helped my girlfriend alot.
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on November 08, 2011:
Hi Bhim, yes, it's amazing how taking a look at the positive simplicities of life does have an immediate effect on our daily lives. Thanks for your comments. Russ.
bhim on November 08, 2011:
oh! how beautiful words for motivation to the human beings ? I think it will really change our daily lives.
kathryn1000 from London on November 01, 2011:
I found it good to read.
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on November 01, 2011:
Thanks Katherine, I apprecitae your comments. Russ
kathryn1000 from London on November 01, 2011:
Very good collection here.Thank you.
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on October 17, 2011:
Hi Nancy, thank you. Russ
Nancy on October 17, 2011:
Thank you for these inspiring collection of beautiful quotes! Love and love them!!!
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on December 18, 2010:
Thank you! Your comment is inspiring too. Russ
Lao Chio on December 18, 2010:
Hmm truly inspiring... :0
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on July 04, 2010:
Thanks for your enthusiastic comments! Much appreciated. Russ
ultimatepotential from India on July 04, 2010:
This was truly amazing! Thanks for sharing!
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on June 03, 2010:
Thanks Rozina and Sue, that makes me happy (:
Sue on June 03, 2010:
Thanks, I enjoyed this collection of quotes.
Rozina on March 26, 2010:
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on January 21, 2010:
Thank you, I love how great quotes can affect our moods so positively by giving perspective. Russ
Deepa on January 21, 2010:
thanks for very nice quotes nice collection. 2day i m feeling low after reading this feel good. thanks again
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on October 05, 2009:
Thanks Nancy, nice quote (:
Nancy's Niche on October 05, 2009:
And to add to this wonderful hub; "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on June 26, 2009:
Thanks Metaphysician, Cards are a great idea and even a calendar. Go well.
metaphysician on June 26, 2009:
A daily happy doses that make the day!
Make them into a daily inspiration card and have them on the table. Read them and be inspired.
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on June 18, 2009:
Yes, you've got it floppy. It's the journey and present-time experience not some goal or destination.
floppy from romania on June 18, 2009:
BE Happy Now!
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on June 15, 2009:
Thanks Ripplemaker, wow! just had a look at your collection. Excellent! https://hubpages.com/hub/Largest-Collection-of-Quo
Michelle Simtoco from Cebu, Philippines on June 15, 2009:
Hi Russ, wonderful, beautiful quotes about happiness. I learn much everyday. Thank you very much. :-) Like your other collection, I have also placed this in my hub of collection of quotes: https://hubpages.com/literature/Largest-Collection...
Thanks for such a wonderful list.
JohnAnderson on May 20, 2009:
Very inspiring quotes, Nicely done.
Jo Brown from North of the Border on February 18, 2009:
I love quotes and sayings. This collection is great! Good dose of humor.
Russ Baleson (author) from Sandhurst, United Kingdom on January 16, 2009:
Thanks Chris, I am a serious fan of Dylan's and love the way he hits home. Thanks always for your encouragement. May you stay forever young (Dylan) Russ
Cris A from Manila, Philippines on January 16, 2009:
Wow this is a nice collection! There's so many of them and all great too that I have no more excuses to be unhappy! I like Bob Dylan's the best - simple and direct! Thanks for sharing Russ! ;D