Paul is an Engineer. A graduate from a Catholic University. A rebel and a romantic...
An Encouragement to the Reader
Sadness, as defined in Wikipedia, is an emotional pain associated with, or characterized by, feelings of disadvantage, loss, despair, grief, helplessness, disappointment and sorrow.
Feeling of emptiness, lack of worth, and purpose leads to sadness. A person experiencing sadness may become quiet withdraw themselves from others. Most people experience these negative sentiments at some point in their lives. While most recover, some end up developing chronic case of feeling of emptiness-- mental health concerns such as depression.
Based on my personal experience, it takes more than a pill to heal the system. Spirituality helped me recover from my depression. I wrote in this article, 46 inspirational quotes that can help uplift and motivate a person going through a season of sadness. The quotes summarizes encouragements and lessons I received in the past two years (2016-2018). Reflecting on theses quotes, reminded me that I am loved and that I have a purpose. I hope you, the reader, may experience the same encouragement as well.
And as COVID-19 changed life as we know it, the feeling of loneliness, worry, and exhaustion is ampliefied and magnified. Internal Issues already present prior the pandemic are now mixed with uncertainties on job security, piling bills, health concern, and quarantine restrictions.
God wants us to experience a full and purposeful life...
(1) We are here because God placed us here.
(2) Use the blessings God has given you to share the gospel to the people around you.
(3) The Gospel can renew your life if you allow it.
(4) Learning about the word of God should be part of our lifestyle.
(5) Because you are a part of the body of Christ, wherever you are you are a witness of Christ.
(6) God is sovereign. God is in charge. God speak things and it happens.
(7) Are you willing to follow Jesus even if it means losing relationships, career, and wealth?
(8) God wants us to experience a full and purposeful life.
(9) God has defined our identity. We are his children. We are not murderers, adulterer, thieves, and other ungodly characters.
(10) Show you love Jesus thru your actions.
Fighting battles on your knees is God’s formula for victory.
(11) God has accepted us already. Confess that Jesus is your Lord and believe that God raised him from death.
(12) Whenever you face problems in life, remember that God will empty you to the core so that you can receive the blessings he promised.
(13)Christian living does not guarantee a life free of struggles. External and internal struggles, if not managed will hinder our work and our walk with God.
(14) Fighting battles on your knees is God’s formula for victory.
(15) Put away anger, wrath, and malice. Replace those with Peace.
(16) Giving up on God will lead to a miserable life.
(17) Prayers are powerful.
(18) Pray persistently. Pray dependently. Pray expectantly.
(19) A self-focused life is a life worth nothing.
(20) Contentment is an inner sense of rest because you are aware that God is in control.
There is a vacuum in us that only God can fill
(21) When you truly believe in God, you will be freed from the past…you will enjoy the present…and you will not fear the future.
(22) There is a vacuum in us that only God can fill.
(23) God will provide for you and open doors for you.
(24) We will battle trials, setbacks, and fears but after the battle will come a success story.
(25) Trouble refines us. God uses trouble to check our character and devotion to Him.
(26) Faith can change everything.
(27) God understands us better than we understand our selves. God sees our potential more than we can see our potential.
(28) Never let the things you want make you forget the things you have.
(29) Don’t have an offended heart when the things you prayed for did not happen. God has something better.
(30) The word of God should be written on our hearts.
We are God's Masterpiece
(31) Obeying God is often a costly sacrifice but disobedience is always a costly mistake.
(32) Obedience to God will change your life and protect your future.
(33) God is testing your faith because He wants to use you mightily.
(34) Don’t walk in anger. Let go of bitterness. Decide to forgive.
(35) The word of God is the final authority in our lives.
(36) Don’t let the enemy have a foothold on you. Live by faith don’t displease God by showing lack of faith and shrinking in fear.
(37) Slowdown, you are moving too fast. If your life is filled with constant pressure, then you will not enjoy anything.
(38) Self-pity shows lack of faith.
(39) God destined you to grow and multiply.
(40) God chose you to be blameless and holy.
(41) Don’t compare your life to others. You have your own journey.
(42) Spiritual maturity is a result of life-long cooperation with the Holy Spirit.
(43) You are God’s showcase.
(44) God will always finish what He has started in your life.
(45) Idolatry comes when we meditate on things other than God.
(46) God has infinite perfection, infinite greatness, and infinite worth. Remember always that you are created in His image. You are God’s masterpiece.
To the reader:
It is my hope that you received encouragement through this article. May the quotes listed here makes you realize how much God loves you. Life on earth is not easy but when we know who is our rock....our foundation, we can be more confident in facing the "Goliaths" of our lives. Remember always that YOU are God's Masterpiece!
Sharing with you also a poem I wrote entitled "Paradise Not Lost"
- Paradise Not Lost
I have been working on this poem for days now. I was really having a hard time coming up with an ending to the poem. While attending a Mid Week Service today (10/24/2018)....I believe God told my heart how to end the poem. I hope you feel the same wa
© 2018 Ryan Paul S Balagtas
Taro on August 25, 2019:
Thanks for this very inspirational. I hope you are doing better now Paul. God bless always.