Do you really want your ex back? I can think of so many reasons why I wouldn't want my ex back, and why you shouldn't necessarily want your ex back! Not everyone wants to get back together with their ex, the reality is though, the ending of a relationship can still be painful, even when you want to stay out of the relationship.
But what do you say when your friends ask you if you'd want your ex back? Or how do you actually convince your heart that you don't want them back, after all the history you have together? Here's some ideas!
I don't want my ex back because...
* That relationship really made me realize what I don't want in my life!
* One day I realized almost everything he ever said was a lie.
* I realized I'd do better in life if I concentrated on my non existent career than make him the centre of my universe.
* He was probably cheating on me the entire time! If not, he was planning to.
* Why would I want to be with a person who doesn't love me as much as I love them?
* He was into unusually kinky things that did not interest me.
* He had poor hygiene and refused to brush his teeth or bathe regularly.
* Ex = O V E R * He's an ex for a reason - And I remember that reason!
* I couldn't trust him to walk across the road alone without trying to cheat on me.
* I would rather make out with anyone in the room them give my ex another minute of my time!
* I learned from that relationship - I know what I want - and I want to move forward!
* My life seems more peaceful without him!
* I got bored with his mundane lifestyle.
* He was tethered to his cell phone. I even had to text him when he was in the same house.
* I got tired of him secretly wearing my knickers.
* He always created issues when there were none there.
* I got tired of seeking his permission to hang out with the girls.
* I got sick of him telling me my breasts weren't perky enough.
* I got tired of his emotional baggage. He had a ship load.
* He still keeps in touch with his ex, regularly. And he tried to make me understand how important one on one time was with her.
* I plan on meeting someone better!
* It took me ages to break it off - I'm not getting back in the same situation I was in after all that effort!
* I don't trust him.
* He's sooky like a girl.
* He NEVER listened. Always too busy watching the TV.
* I wasn't attracted too him. He was a really bad kisser.
* I'm feeling free and ready to flirt!
* There's someone else I'm looking forward to meeting.
* He said he could do so much better - And I'm willing to let him go do that.
* The whole relationship was a mistake. That's all I can say.
* I moved on ages ago and don't even think about him! I hardly remember his name!
* Errg... No thank you! That would be degrading myself!
* He cheated on me. Full stop.
* I never really saw a bright future for that relationship.
* I was just filling in time with him, it was never going anywhere.
* I've got other dreams now, which don't involve an ex.
* Bad kisser, bad manners, too many bad habits...
* I never really fell in love with him.
* The more I got to know him, the more I didn't like.
* He was already given enough chances!
* He was too annoying. Too full on, too possessive.
* I get more cuddles from my kitten than I ever did from him.
* I would rather be locked in a cupboard for a year than give my ex another try.
* Once bitten, twice shy.
* He was addicted to porn and I prefer real life action!
* He is married. Not to me.
* He didn't seem capable of a committed relationship.
* He didn't have a clue about love. Nor did he seem to want to learn.
* He only want's me after we've split up.
* He did not understand why I was not comfortable about regular meetings with his female 'friends' which did not include me.
* He stayed up late almost every night cheating on me with avatars!
* He would get drunk and turn into a five year old child.
* I'm over playing games.
* I like being able to decide what to wear on my own, without being scruitinized!
* I like being able to talk to whoever I like without being scrutinized!
* I like being single.
* Now I can choose my own friends!
* The minute I agree to be 'friends' he will ask if I'll sleep with him/her again.
* I don't chace them - I replace them! With someone better.
© 2010 StrictlyQuotes
Msnancy from Currently in Nevada on October 26, 2011:
Great Hub, I thought it was informative, funny and creative...More please!
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on September 12, 2011:
Hi Angie, Thanks for sharing your story! I'm glad you've kept a sense of humour even though a long term relationship ending is tough (Yes, even when the relationship has been deteriorating for some time). I'm glad you got a smile from reading some of these quotes and appreciate you letting me know so I could smile too :) Best wishes for your future in life and love.
Angie on September 12, 2011:
I've been with my boyfriend for 3.5 years - I tried to break it off 9 months ago but took him backn- felt sorry for him. 2 days ago he broke it off with me. I'm hurting but not too much.
I loved reading this because it made me smile and even had a couple of laughs out loud... and if I think of getting back with him (if he asks)... I will re-read what was written here and if that doesn't work, I'll hit myself in the head with a hammer lol.
Think it's hard to give up something that you are used to... even if the relationship has deteriorated to a point where you are both potentially unhappy.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on July 30, 2011:
Thanks for taking the time to let me know this Hub helped you, and I wish you all the best for your new start and moving forward.
Stictlydating on July 29, 2011:
Thanks this helped a lot.. My ex is going into the military but wants me back.. But I have to move forward and let it go..
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on May 30, 2011:
Oh that is awesme Dariza!
Dariza Badeo on May 29, 2011:
Thank you so much for this!!i used most of the quotes as my Facebook statuses and i tagged my ex...hahah
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on May 15, 2011:
Hi Tabbie, Thanks for sharing your story, although it's a sad one. Wish you all the best for your future.
Tabbie on April 19, 2011:
I could not do him and his baby mom and I stop loveing him after we tide the knot I really did not wanted to marry him but I did because I did not want to hurt his feeling
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on February 02, 2011:
Hi Chuck, Sorry about your breakup. It sounds like you treated your girlfriend very well. You didn't turn her into a Lesbian though, her choice of sexuality is not your fault. Hope things get better for you in the future.
chuck on February 01, 2011:
Called her every morning. Treated her like a women should be. Treated her like no man has before, including an ex that ripped an ear ring out.. Made her the queen of my palace and I find out she ends up cheating on me with a girl.. I made her a lesbian.. How bad of a boyfriend was I?? Treated her like no other MAN would..
John T on August 24, 2010:
very interesting i might add. got me thinking
dracaslair on July 25, 2010:
i like this one it's helpfull.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on July 19, 2010:
Thanks for your comments padmendra!
PADMENDRA S R from DELHI/NCR on July 18, 2010:
Hi Strict..., you know it is always painful when you talk about something which made you realise so many things which you did not like. The past is gone and if you again try to attach yourself with the gone things, nothing good will happen. Best way will be to move forward.....something good must.. be waiting you dear.but don't repeat the mistake ever.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on June 13, 2010:
Thanks Glitter Paw!
Glitter Paw on May 28, 2010:
good reasons..i like it. thank you for writing this (:
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on May 08, 2010:
Great! Thanks for your comment schoolgirlforreal ;)
schoolgirlforreal on May 07, 2010:
I didn't even have to finish reading it; it was what I needed; well written; nice pics :0)
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on January 21, 2010:
Thanks aefancisco! Best wishes to you!
aefrancisco from somewhere down the road on January 21, 2010:
My life seems more peaceful without them!
great hub :) Pushes heartbrokesn to move on :)
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on January 12, 2010:
mzindependent from Texas on January 11, 2010:
I could NOT have said it any better! Thanks, girlie! Great Hub!
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on January 11, 2010:
Thanks for your comments! Best wishes!
William "eL-NinO" on January 09, 2010:
"I learned from that relationship - I know what I want and I want to move forward!" This is the Best reason! Forget about how or what he cheated. It's just doesn't matter anymore. God Bless!! ^_^
carolina muscle from Charlotte, North Carolina on January 07, 2010: