Sara is a creative writer and her vision is to spread Happiness, love and Optimistic thoughts.
What You Should Include in Your CV?
When you are going to apply for a job interview, the foremost document is your CV. Think about your CV. Would you include…?
- a recent photograph of yourself,
- your gender,
- date of birth,
- information about your high school,
- Interests or hobbies,
- your height and weight,
- or relevant work experience.
Think and write on a separate piece of paper what you are going to include in your CV which portrays your entire personality and interests and also you are an ideal candidate for the job you have applied.
Which Type of CV suit You the Best?
Now it’s time to decide the format of a CV which best showcase your relevant experience, expertise and qualifications.
- Chronological CV example | Prospects.ac.uk
Chronological CVs are the most commonly used CV type. Discover how to craft one when applying for a graduate job
- Skills-based CV example | Prospects.ac.uk
Some job vacancies require a specific set of competencies. Discover how to apply for these roles with our skills-based CV example
- Academic CV example | Prospects.ac.uk
Find out how to apply for an academic job with our academic CV example.
- Technical CV example | Prospects.ac.uk
Learn how to apply for technical jobs with our example IT CV
Which Software You Can Use To Create Your CV?
You can produce an elegant and professional document by using LaTeX. There are variety of templates to create your on CV. You just need little hard work to write the code for your CV because nowadays writing CV on Microsoft Word is a traditional practice. It's necessary to keep yourself up to date.
Do and Don't
Now, you have all the basic knowledge so it's the time to put what you've learned into practice.
- Make sure your CV is clear and information is accurate.
- Always add relevant certifications and achievements.
- The language should be professional.
- Highlight your skills tailored to the position you are applying for.
- To break up information it's important to use bullet points.
- Check spellings and eradicate grammatical errors if any.
- Do not use shortcuts like 'U' for "You".
- Don't use Wacky fonts.
- Don't copy and paste from other sources, Be original.