Everyone of us all enjoy knowing that we have purpose and meaning in our lives and knowing that we are making a difference in the world and in people's lives. To wake up everyday, excited, with passion is a wonderful place to be. To wake up without purpose, fulfillment, or meaning is not a great place to be at all. I guess we are all in our journey of life to understand ourselves, our purpose and passion and what brings us enjoyment. Here are some inspirational quotes to encourage us in that direction.
1. The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. —Mark Twain
2. The purpose of life is not to be happy—but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you lived at all.” ~Leo Rosten
3. Free yourself from the complexities and drama of your life. Simplify. Look within. Within ourselves we all have the gifts and talents we need to fulfill the purpose we've been blessed with. ~Steve Maraboli
4. We do not meet people by accident, they are meant to cross our path for a reason. ~Rubyanne
5. Accept yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses, your truths, and know what tools you have to fulfill your purpose.”~Steve Maraboli
6. God created me—and you—to live with a single, all-embracing, all-transforming passion—namely, a passion to glorify God by enjoying and displaying his supreme excellence in all the spheres of life.” ~John Piper, Don't Waste Your Life
7. Discover a purpose that gives you passion. Develop a plan that makes you persistent. Design a preparation and motivates you to optimize your potentials. Do it because you love it!” ~Israelmore Ayivor, Dream Big!: See Your Bigger Picture
8. You need to have confidence and bold enough to stretch yourself, scramble to close the gap if one exists and grow into new opportunities. ~Dr. Phil Mcgraw
9. We are anointed for our assignment on earth because the anointed King lives in us--He is fulfilling His will through us. ~E.N. Supen
10. Create new avenues in your life by removing toxic people who defeat your purpose. ~Amaka Imani Nikosazana, Release The Ink
1. If you are pursuing a dream, but do not find that it incites your passions, draw that task to a close and keep searching until you find something that you can be passionate about. ~Cary Bergeron, 12 Simple Secrets To Staying Motivated
2. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world" ~Harriet Tubman
3. A great leader’s courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position. ~John Maxwell
4. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~Howard Thurman, Author and Philosopher
5. If there is no passion in your life, then have you really lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you and you will find great things happen FOR you, TO you and BECAUSE of you. ~T. Alan Armstrong (Author and Writer)
6. Follow your passion. Nothing—not wealth, success, accolades or fame—is worth spending a lifetime doing things you don't enjoy. —Jonathan Sacks
7. Passion serves its purpose to help give a person motivation to learn the necessary skills and overcome the hardships they're going to face. ~Derek C. Doepker, Why Authors Fail
8. Living passionately is the opposite of living passively.~Marty Cauley, Dying to go on Vacation
9. Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head. ~A.R. Rahman
10. Passion is one great force that unleashes creativity, because if you're passionate about something, then you're more willing to take risks. ~Yo-Yo Ma
1. Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others? ~Dr. Martin Luther King
2. If we live a self-directed, self-motivated, self-centered life, always needing to get our own way, then we're going to be miserable. In fact, many times we believe it's our problems that are making us unhappy when, in reality, it's because we're focused on ourselves! ~Joyce Meyer
3. “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ~Roy Bennett
4. You will show me the path of life: in your (God's) presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures for evermore. ~The Bible (Psalm 16:11)
5. No matter how much we try to run away from this thirst for the answer to life, for the meaning of life, the intensity only gets stronger and stronger. We cannot escape these spiritual hungers. ~Ravi Zacharias
6. “One of the greatest gifts that God gives to each of us is the love we share with our family, friends, and fellowmen. It is this divine gift of love that enriches us, gives meaning and purpose to life, and makes it all worth living. Everything else in life is secondary. Everything. And when our time here on earth is over, our lives will not be measured by the riches we accumulate, the honors we receive, the degrees we acquire, or the professional success we achieve, but by our capacity to love and be loved.” Mike Ramsdell, A Train to Potevka
7. You will have fewer regrets in life if you start focusing and taking responsibility for where you are and where you want to be. ~Deborah Day
8. When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.” ~ W. Clement Stone
9. “When you have a sense of your own identity and a vision of where you want to go in your life, you then have the basis for reaching out to the world and going after your dreams for a better life.” ~ Stedman Graham
10. Life is like theatre. Each new day is a new scene with new acts and roles to portray. The sets always change. You come across new dialogue and lines to exchange between others. Scripts are improvised. But the beauty in it is that everyday, you are constantly learning who you are and how others around you are. Express yourself and empathize. It's okay to wear a mask every now and then but remember that you'll eventually meet fellow thespians who will find a way to break down your walls and barriers. Remember another thing: this isn't a dress rehearsal. And God is your ultimate Director. Let Him write your script and call the cuts. Allow Him to provide you with the applause that truly matters. Let Him open up your heart to real self discovery. He is the best playwright that never dies. He lives. And so do you when you learn to let go and step on the stage of life.” ~Melody Joy
More helpful Hubs for Life
- Encouragement for Times of Disappointment: Quotes, I...
This Hub gives encouragement for those who have been disappointed. Take a look at quotes from well known speakers to bring strength and help for disappointment as well as uplifting songs.
- Inspirational Quotes for Hard Times, Tough Times, Adversities and Challenges
Here are quotes and encouraging words from famous people to help you through hard, tough times; whether it is a loss, financial times, struggles in a relationship, with your marriage, children, job.
- 50 Best Quotes for Single People From Famous People
This Hub consists of quotes for single people of any age, pretwenties, twenties, thirties or older on happiness, life, love, relationships, friendships from many famous people.
- 50 Quotes to Overcome Many Types of Fears From the B...
Many of us struggle with fears , of the future, people, failure, rejection and so much more.Fear can steal your joy, peace, sleep, love and lead to stress. Learn to overcome by these amazing quotes.
Janellegems (author) on March 14, 2016:
Thank you MsDora for your feedback.
Janellegems (author) on March 14, 2016:
DDE, Thanks for stopping by and for your comment.
Dora Weithers from The Caribbean on March 14, 2016:
So many good quotes in this collection. John Maxwell is one of my favorite authors. Thank you.
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on March 14, 2016:
You shared valuable points here and I SO AGREE!