Fan mail is the best way to write to celebrities to ensure it reaches them nowadays. So have you ever wanted to know how to write to celebrities or your idol, and don't what to say or where to start?
Many people wish they could contact their favourite musician, celebrity or film star and let them know how much they appreciate their work, or how much they ‘love’ them for example. You may have another reason that you want to contact them though, so imagine how nice it would be to be able to write your letter, with confidence in knowing you will create a great impression once it arrives at its destination. You have the opportunity to make yourself known,and it can all be done quickly, easily and better yet, at no cost. This guide will show you step-by-step how to write to celebrities, and exactly what to do and how to do it.
1. If you are wanting to how to write to celebrities, then I'm sure you have already chosen who you would like to write to.
2. So you need to start off by introducing yourself, tell this person a little bit about yourself. This first part of your letter shouldn't be too long as they may get lots of fan mail, so a long introduction will probably bore them and not create the impression you want.
3. Go on to tell them what piece of their work you enjoy the most and why. For example your favourite song or film scene. You could even tell them your two favourite parts, lyrics etc etc.
4. Remember that a little bit of flattery can go a pretty long way. But be careful not to overdo it, like many girls would simply write - “OMG OMG OMG, I LOVE YOU SOOOOO F*****G MUCH, I WANT TO MARRY YOU!!! XD” for example, which as you could probably imagine would be funny the first time, but then it would quickly become annoying. The aim here is to get the reader to think of you as a sophisticated person. So instead, tell them why you admire them so much. E.g. "I love that you are so down to earth, and because of this I have so much respect you. I hope to be one day, be as successful as you."
5. You can finish a let off with a question. This is the part that can help to generate a reply, so you need to ask a question that is not a yes or no answer, nor can it be a question which requires an essay length answer. If it can be answered in a line or two, then it is ideal.
6. Finally, the address needs to be located, which can be done online through many celebrity address databases.
It is very easy to know how to write to celebrities, you only need to include these few points, and it won’t even take that long if you don't want it to, so get writing today.
I have also included a link to more information, advice and even how to locate addresses for writing fan mail.
jasmine k. williams on May 25, 2014:
hello u are a good singer and u are kcool
Nicole on May 13, 2014:
Hi Carrie Underwood I would LOVE to be your BFF . I am a HUGE FAN I would like to meet u and get to know u. :)
isaac on January 06, 2014:
you guys do realize that the celebrities aren't reading this post right? like no need to profess love on this
Chloe stanyer on December 03, 2013:
Hi rihanna u are so up my street and I luv u for who u are and u are just so amazing I love your new song monster I think it's amazing xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kelly on April 01, 2013:
i love you bella thron i want to be your bff and zendaya ope i get to be best friends with you guys soon please reply back
ehsan on October 24, 2012:
i love you riri
Sarah on September 28, 2012:
I love you one direction
Abbey on July 22, 2012:
Going to write to Johnny Depp ( Captain Jack Sparrow, Edward Scissor Hands, Willy Wonka .ect.) Because I admire his work and talent so much!
victoria on July 14, 2012:
i love u beyonce
shantel on June 26, 2012:
i love you rihanny ,my name is shantel it is first time
nana on March 11, 2012:
I'm so gonna try this advice
Mollie on February 04, 2012:
I really love your singing Selena Gomez I am a big fan I have posters of u and Justin everywhere