StricktlyDating is an Australian writer who creates pages of original funny quotes and status updates.
Funny, silly, stupid and dumb questions to make you think, smile and laugh in disbelief that someone actually ever thought of asking them!
Funny, Silly And Really Stupid Questions:
- Why do they call it after dark when it's really after light?
- Why is it ‘Lady‘ luck and not ‘Man‘ luck?
- Is it possible for time to stand still?
- Why do we use capital letters but not capital numbers?
- If you're cooler than me, does that mean I'm hotter than you?
- Do horses and monkeys get grey hair when they get old?
- Why isn’t the number 11 pronounced onety-one?
- Aren't we all internet explorers?
- If there’s a bed head why isn’t there bed toes?
- Why limit happy to just one hour?
- What is the time when it is happy hour?
- What if the Hokey Pokey REALLY is what it's all about?
- Who did let the dogs out?
- Why is there only 12 hours on a clock?
- How long is a piece of string if it's stretchable?
- How do you measure elastic?
- How can you measure love?
- What is the formula for unloving someone?
- Why do they call it a pair of pants but only one bra?
- At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?
- Why is Laser promoted for hair removal and also hair re-growth?
- Should spring rolls only be eaten in spring?
- Why do they call them hot cross buns when they're sold at room temperature?
- Kidney beans come from the kidneys of which animals?
- When birds tweet are they speaking bird language?
- Whose eggs does the Easter Bunny carry?
- If a single teacher can't teach us all the subjects then how can you expect a single student to learn all the subjects?
- If I hold the compass am I always facing north?
- Did London Bridge ever fall down?
- Is it possible to be allergic to water?
- Why do super hero's wear their underwear on the outside of their clothes?
- Why are women and men's shoe sizes different?
- What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?
- With all the money Facebook is making why can't they program color text options?
- If Twitter wasn't around years ago, why is there a hashtag button on landlines?
- Do moths try to fly to the moon when it's the only light?
- How does sound work?
- How does a touch screen feel my touch?
- When people pee are they helping the earth to replenish water resource?
- If I love using Twitter am I a Tweeter or a twit fan?
- Why is it "Yours" when mine is not not "Mines"?
- Does time actually fly in outer space?
- How can I consume less calories without losing weight?
- Can you make blueberry muffins without blueberries?
- How do you catch a fly without killing it?
- Would a fly make a good easy-care pet?
- Is it considered cruel to paint a moths wings so it looks more like a butterfly?
- Why is it always "Human" even when you're referring to women? Why aren't we Human and Huwomen?
- How do you make seven even?
- How many seconds are there in a day?
- How can anyone leave and come back in a second?
- Will waterproof sunscreen wash off in the shower?
- Why do they call it a "Television set" when there's only one?
- How fast do you need to cook for it to be considered "Fast Food"?
- Can someone be allergic to themselves?
- Why can't cars run on water?
- How can I make water?
- Why aren't all one size fits all clothes the same size?
- Are rhinos really just overweight unicorns?
- Where does the "o" come from when we abbreviate "number"?
- Why do they imply the 'birds and the bee's' get up to something together?
- What can a deaf person use instead of an alarm clock?
- What does GOOGLE stand for?
- Would you like fries with that?
- Why are Softballs' hard?
- Is there a sober up pill?
- Where do I get a chill pill from?
- How do I take the alcohol out of wine?
- Why aren't blueberry's blue?
- Have butterflies ever made butter?
- Does the Queen Bee have a King?
- Can you carry a Kangaroo on your back?
- Is a gold knife and fork still considered silverware?
- Why isn't chocolate considered a vegetable if it comes from cocoa beans which grow on a cocoa tree?
© 2010 StrictlyQuotes
Leave A Funny Question:
Eddie Carrara from New Hampshire on October 08, 2013:
So I'm not the only one who asked these questions :) Great hub Stricktly, I needed the laugh!
Marie Hurt from New Orleans, LA on October 07, 2013:
What does Google stand for?
Rebecca Mealey from Northeastern Georgia, USA on October 07, 2013:
A cute list of funny questions. Love the Hokey Pokey one!
George on January 14, 2013:
I like them all
Scorpio21 on July 04, 2012:
Some of these are very good questions, and funny :)
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on February 10, 2012:
I love it Ivona! Thankyou!
Ivona Poyntz from UK on February 09, 2012:
Great hub. Love these questions, will add one of my own: if you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
GABELESS on October 31, 2011:
Enjoyed this better than doing schoolwork.
Pete Fanning from Virginia on October 18, 2011:
This is great! Enjoyed it.
Thonkl sen on October 16, 2011:
haahaa vary funny:P
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on October 14, 2011:
Thanks Zabbella and poshcoffeeco! I appreciate your feedback!
Steve Mitchell from Cambridgeshire on October 14, 2011:
You are right, some of these are dumb questions...Nice hub though.
Zabbella from NJ-USA on October 13, 2011:
Voted Up..pondering the imponderables!
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on September 07, 2011:
Thanks a lot Abhijeet :)
abhijeet gogoi on September 07, 2011:
great..... i love it
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on May 14, 2011:
I like your sense of humour wingedcentaur! Thanks!
William Thomas from That Great Primordial Smash UP of This and That Which Gave Rise To All Beings and All Things! on May 14, 2011:
Voted up for funny! My favorites are: "What was the best thing BEFORE sliced bread?" and "Why isn't Chocololate considered a vegetable if it comes from Cocoa Beans?"
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on February 26, 2011:
Thanks for your feedback! Best wishes!
Glenn Stok from Long Island, NY on February 26, 2011:
That was an amusing list if questions. Made my day. Thanks. I voted up.
hillrider from Mid-west United States on January 02, 2011:
Made me smile when considering some of the response people give when asked these type questions. This reminded me of the bit called "Jay Walking" on the Leno Show ... Voted fun post
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on November 13, 2010:
Thanks Debbie, have a happy day!
debbiesdailyviews on November 13, 2010:
Ahhhh sooooo good I read it twice, so got double laughs.
This makes me think I'm not quite so mad after all .
Ace 1 : }
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on July 27, 2010:
Glad you enjoyed these padmendra!
PADMENDRA S R from DELHI/NCR on July 27, 2010:
Very funny and I liked it.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on July 19, 2010:
Glad to have made you smile a-funny!
a-funny from New York on July 19, 2010:
thanks, it's funny and make me have a big smile.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on June 24, 2010:
Hahah good one! Thanks Nick B.
Nick B from Normandy, France on June 23, 2010:
All you wanted to know about ? but were too afraid to ask?
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on June 11, 2010:
Thanks schoolgirlforreal, have a happy weekend!
schoolgirlforreal on June 10, 2010:
I didn't know hubs could be about cheerful funny jokes until I read yours lol!! nice!
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on May 26, 2010:
epigramman on May 22, 2010:
When I read your hall of fame hubs it's funny because I don't feel silly or dumb at all - I feel absolutely brilliant!
Bravo indeed and lucky for me!
AshleyNikole from Virginia on May 01, 2010:
This is funny, and a great laugh. Great Hub!
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on April 29, 2010:
Hehehe - If it's a scary movie I'd have to fight you for that arm rest!
suny51 on April 28, 2010:
All are good,but I have answer for one-in a movie theater the arm rests are mine if its a horror movie.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on April 01, 2010:
Thanks for adding your comments Springboard! I love the parking on a driveway! Great! Much appreciated!
Winsome from Southern California by way of Texas on March 31, 2010:
Great fun SD. I did it in my head so I could be off, but the answer to number seventeen is 86,400. Checked it, yep, 86,400. Oh this wasn't a quiz? =:)
Cheeky,you see I have less control, but I did stop myself before googling the answer to google. =:)
Springboard from Wisconsin on March 31, 2010:
I always enjoy a little word play. :) Gallagher always came up with some pretty good ones; "Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?" was a personal favorite. "Why do we call them buildings when they're already built?" was another.
Great hub. Thanks for the smiles.
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on March 29, 2010:
Hi Scott36, That's awsome news! I was so happy to hear about that, and best wishes for your new start!
mtsi1098 on March 28, 2010:
fantastic hub with some great questions...thanks
Scott36 from Montana on March 28, 2010:
Hello there Mrs. Strictly. My wife read your comment about how it is an even trade growing the baby and she agreed with you and I do too. An update to that hub is that we moved to a bigger home one that she feels more comfortable in not my old bachelor flat and is now taking ownership and doing all kinds of things so that is a great thing. Thank you for your comment. I appreciated it alot
Sherbet Penny from Galway, Ireland. on March 28, 2010:
LoL hahaha these are great, my favourite is "•Why do they call it a "Television Set" when there's only one?" very good, Totally enjoyed your hub.
prettydarkhorse from US on March 28, 2010:
hehe, silly and dumb indeed, thnaks for the smiles, Maita
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on March 27, 2010:
Thanks! I appreciate your comments!
Maria Teresa Rodriguez - Laurente from San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A. on March 27, 2010:
LOL! Thank you, brings a smile in my thoughts. Have a great time to you. More power.
Michael Shane from Gadsden, Alabama on March 20, 2010:
Great hub! Thanks
johneee from San Jose, CA on March 18, 2010:
This hub cracked me up hahaha
Cathi Sutton on March 18, 2010:
Great light hearted Hub! I enjoyed it very much! Thanks!!!
Cassandra Mantis from UK and Nerujenia on March 17, 2010:
These are funny. I was almost on the verge of answering some of them but thought better of it! Heh!
StrictlyQuotes (author) from Australia on March 12, 2010:
Thankyou for your comments!
Tom Cornett from Ohio on March 11, 2010:
"At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?" Angst! LOL....Loved the hub! :)
Nell Rose from England on March 11, 2010:
Hiya, I can answer one! I can I can!! (sorry, got carried away!) The easter bunny carries an egg because the pagans got there first! the Goddess Oestre had a bunny as a Familiar, ( an animal that was magic ) and the egg symbolizes fertility at the beginning of spring!! yeah, I knew something, ha ha cheers great stuff. Nell
ehern33 on March 11, 2010:
Loved the list. Actually makes you wonder about how these things came about. Great job!
Linda Todd from Charleston on March 11, 2010:
Funny and interesting...thanks for sharing these things to make us smile.
jgw899 from Santa Cruz on March 11, 2010:
I love hubs like this. Caught my attention, and made me read the rest till it was done. Great work and writing, love the creativity.
Beata Stasak from Western Australia on March 11, 2010:
What will wipe you out?
I assume it is not really silly just me learning English slang. Anyway, thanks for cheerful hub. I am also popping in to let you know that I finally succumbed the majority /my kids and family abroad/ and join the Facebook. As I believe it is for trusted friends and you my loyal hub follower are one of them, I would like to invite you to join my friends there. Just type my name to get there, if you want to. All the best with your funny writing and pop in again Beata
carolina muscle from Charlotte, North Carolina on March 10, 2010:
Why isn't it called onety one??? Who do we call to get that fixed? LOL. Great fun!!
artrush73 on March 10, 2010:
Why do they call it a pair of pants but only one bra?
This is really funny one. ;)
Very interesting Hub
lesterd2009 from Beaches Of Florida on March 10, 2010:
Love this piece,,really funny and intriguing
SwiftlyClean from Texas on March 10, 2010: