We all have dreams that we want to achieve in this world. However, many of us are lost on our way to chase our dreams. Some of us know where to go and how to go there but still fail on the way. Some also struggle to know where they want to go. However, wherever or whatever you want to go or do in life, you still need to be equipped with skills and knowledge for the journey ahead of you. In this article, what I want to share are some guides I saw, heard, and read about that help me know where I want to go in life. I hope I can shed some light in your view in life as well.
Knowing your goal
The first step to success is knowing what you want to do in life. This might sound easy but a lot of people struggle in this part. There are people who knew what they want to do in life at a very young age, while there are people who still don't know the answer to this question until they are old. However, if you still don't have an answer to this question as well, fret not, you can still build yourself first while thinking for the answer.
How to build ourselves to be successful
Successful people doesn't necessarily took the same path towards their goals and their goals are definitely not similar with one another. However, they are still similar in some ways which I will be enumerating here:
- Reading - successful people are mostly readers since reading builds up knowledge that makes people know a lot of things without having to experience it themselves. This is because a lot of books offers stories and experiences from other people which delivers some lessons and knowledge to readers. In short, reading books is like experiencing more things without having to spend the time and money to experience it ourselves. Additionally, since each of us have different experiences in life, it is an eye opener to listen or read other people's perspective.
- Taking risks - this is another one of the most common traits of the rich, they take risk. In this world, one of the most important element of businesses is innovation. However, the archenemy of being able to innovate are "what ifs". What if people hate your product and what if people don't buy it. These "what ifs" are what stops us from taking those risk. The rich also faced this questions maybe a lot of times before but they didn't stop there and pursued what they believe in. Lastly, if we won't take the risk, we really won't know the answer to our questions and we will still be in the same position as we begin with. Remember, "slow progress is better than no progress", you need to start moving before you can see results.
- Taking lots of tries - most people know about the success of a person. However, we also need to know their journey since it will give us more knowledge on how they got where they are now. Know that these successful men and women are there after many failures and rejection and they didn't arrive their after one try. Being successful is not just about being able to plan successfully. Know that some day or some time, there will be failures, and what make them successful is being able to go on after these heartbreaks.
- Love and passion - this last tip I want to give your is to do what you love to do. The best motivation you can have in this world is love for what you do. So for my final advice, I suggest you to discover something you love. This will keep you going even if things are tough.
As said earlier, one of the common hobbies of these rich people is reading. Here are some of the recommended books by some of the world's richest men.
1. The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham - this book is recommended by Warren Buffet. This book teaches about investing and is a good reference for people beginning to learn how to invest. This is a good guide for beginners on how to manage and plan for a long term goal in the field of investing.
2. Benjamin Franklin by Walter Isaacson - Recommended by Elon Musk, this book is about Benjamin Franklin's journey as an urban entrepreneur who emerged from the bottom of the society up to the top.
Lastly, I hope every people reading this will become successful. I hope you continue to work hard in achieving your dreams and continue to love what you are doing.
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2022 Arjay