Debayan Ganguly (Dev Ayan) is an MBA with 2 years of experience in B2B sales. He likes to write and spread his learnings through blogs.
The book begins by talking about the four segments of people who earn money. They include:
1. E: The employed people who trade their time for money. Their key ambition is safety. They look for safe incomes with minimum risks.
2. S: The Self-Employed or Small Businesses with less than 500 employees. Now while even these people trade their time for money, they look for independence. They have replaced their bosses with themselves. If they need more revenue, they will have to put in extra hours.
3. B: The large businesses. These people are the ones who have taken risks and succeeded or are resilient enough to succeed. Now they are the ones who seek to multiply their wealth and do not trade their time for money.
4. I: The Investors. They are the ones who make their money do the hard work and not them. They invest in various businesses and reap the benefits of increased wealth.
Kiyosaki argues that if anyone wants to create wealth and not money, they need to come to the B or I category.
The latter half of the book talks about Network Marketing and how it can grow your business. It gives a detailed insight into building eight assets that will create wealth for us in the future.
The first of the book seemed interesting and informative. I was able to learn about how to have a mindset required for growing wealth and assets. But somehow the second part onwards, the book lost on me. I felt as if the concept of Network Marketing is being forced upon me, and Kiyosaki is desperately trying to prove his point.
I appreciated that he suggested this method for stay at home wives. In this way, they can use their free time and goodwill amongst their friends and neighbour to bring some revenue to the family.
Network Marketing though it is an attractive way to get an extra amount without owning any business, it has its demerits. It should be an alternative source of passive income, and should anyone want a flourishing career; they may focus on getting a job or starting their business.
I would recommend this book to anyone willing to learn about network marketing and wealth creation. There are beautiful stories and insights that the readers will cherish. It is an excellent motivational book, but it can nowhere be a self-help or a guidebook, a one-time read.
- Writing: 4/5
- Content: 3/5
- Chances of recommending to others: 2.5/5
Get the book from Amazon
© 2021 Debayan Ganguly
Debayan Ganguly (author) from Kolkata, India on June 16, 2021:
It does open a new way of thinking. Would love to hear your views on the same. Do read it and let me know.
Lady Dazy from UK on June 16, 2021:
This sounds like a useful book for people who are interested in business. Things are changing all the time and it is good to keep up with new trends and ideas, otherwise you could get left behind.