What would any St. Patrick's Day vintage postcard collection be without beautiful images of Ireland, the home of St. Patrick? Many of these postcards feature Killarney, which looks like a very beautiful place indeed. (There are also other Irish landmarks shown in these postcards, but they're not nearly as predominant.)
Killarney is located in Southwest Ireland and is the home of Ross Castle, which was built in the 15th century and has since been restored. Also found in Killarney are the Meeting of the Waters and Old Weir Bridge, which are adjacent.
Nearby to Killarney is Blarney Castle, which is located in Co. Cork and is the home of the famous Blarney Stone. Many people have heard of the Blarney Stone and know it's in Ireland but probably have absolutely no idea why it's famous. I know I didn't. Legend has it that if you kiss this "Stone of Eloquence," which is found at the top of the tower in Blarney Castle, you’ll never be lost for words again. Believe it or not, a lot of people have actually believed that and made the journey to Ireland to kiss the stone. Believers include Sir Walter Scott, and many American presidents, world leaders and international entertainers.
Vertical Vintage Ireland Postcards
Horizontal Vintage Ireland Postcards
Instructions for Downloading the Free Vintage Ireland Postcards
2. To download, choose a thumbnail version of any of the free vintage Ireland postcards in the right column. When you click on one of the images, it will appear larger.Once you've chosen a heart image and see it larger, double-click on the larger image, which will make the best version of the art appear. Then, if you have a PC, just right-click and save the final version of the artwork to your hard drive. If you have a Mac, control-click the image until you get a pop-up menu that gives you the option to save it.
3. Have fun!
Want Other Vintage Images?
You might also be interested in the Free Clip Art Sourcebook, my free e-book that provides links to thousands of free images, including many more vintage St. Patrick's Day cards and clip art. No registration is required!
Other WordPlay St. Patrick's Day Hubs
- Free Vintage St. Patricks Day Greeting Cards: Pretty Women
- Free Vintage Greeting Cards for St. Patricks Day: Cute Kids
- Free Vintage Postcards: St. Patrick's Day Irish Lads
- Free St. Patrick's Day Clip Art
- Free Vintage St. Patricks Day Clip Art
- St Patrick's Day Crafts and Trivia
- Free Vintage Irish and American Flags Art
- Free St. Patrick's Day Scrapbook Paper
Carla Chadwick (author) from Georgia on August 31, 2010:
How I envy you! I'd love to go to Ireland. :-)
Petstrel from Slovenia on August 31, 2010:
I've been travelling through Ireland for a month last summer. Your hub brings back sweet memories ;)