I'm Tatiana and am a firm believer in the power of holistic healing and home remedies! Apple cider vinegar for the win!
Love: One of the most beautiful things that life has to offer. Two people deciding that they are so much in love, that they want to get married and be together for the rest of their lives! Amazing, yes?
“Yes. She said yes!” If your best buddy is telling you this, then a huge congratulations is in order, for sure!
The proposal is one of the most difficult, nerve-racking, but yet one of the most well-thought-out occasions that any man plans for: To be so certain that this is “the one,” to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on an engagement ring, to make sure the moment is nothing short of perfect, to prepare for the ultimate rejection while hoping and praying for that “yes!”
So whether you are a friend or family member of the bride-to-be or groom-to-be, there are many ways to word how you feel about their recent proposal.
The best and most traditional way to do this is by way of a card. It is best to save the gift-giving for the wedding and bridal shower as gifts aren’t typically expected at this point. Cards are a welcomed surprise, no matter what occasion.
You can always buy a card with engagement wishes pre-written but if you really want to put forth some effort, why not write your own? Engagement wishes can be a long poem, or short and sweet.
If you really want to write your own engagement wishes in the card but are having trouble wording it, take a look at the following examples grouped into categories:
This is a terrific time to express your feelings in sweet engagement wishes.
- May happiness fill your home, may love fill your heart, may your marriage be perfect from the very start. Congrats on your engagement!
- I couldn’t imagine a more perfect couple to get married. Happy engagement!
- Love is in the air, and it has been since the two of you found each other. Congratulations, love birds!
- You have me convinced that soulmates are real. I’m delighted at the news of your engagement, congrats!
- Congrats on the big promise to each other! May your hearts continue to melt together as one.
If the newly-engaged couple has religious beliefs, it never hurts to use them!
- May your troubles be few and your blessings be many! Congratulations on the engagement.
- Angels are dancing in celebration of this joyous moment. Happy engagement to you!
- God bless you two in all that you do! Many blessings to the future bride and groom!
- The first blessing was finding each other, the second blessing was meeting each other, the third blessing was falling in love, with many more blessings to come!
- God knew what he was doing when he made the two of you meet. May your journey together be a long and happy one!
If the couple has a good sense of humor, funny messages are a fun thing to receive in a card!
- There are two types of couples in this world, the kind that bicker non-stop and the other has yet to be discovered. Congrats on your engagement!
- Is it just me, or is there a light flickering off that diamond in morse code for SOS?? Congrats on the engagement!
- Holy shit! You’re getting married! I never thought I’d see the day!
- Well, this is proof that you’re not gay, after all! Congratulations.
- I heard you two are getting “knotty,” congrats!
If you want to be “that guy” then go on ahead!
- When they say “tie the knot” they mean “tie the noose!”
- When you’re walking down that aisle, take a good, long look at the doors because it will be your last glimpse of freedom.
- Getting married is like a “fight or flight” kind of thing; you either fight to stay in the wedding, or run away!
- Be prepared for many years of loving bickering.
- May the bride neglect to be a grouch and may the groom invest in a comfy couch!
Cute Proposal Song
When it comes to such perfect moments, sometimes it’s just hard to find the perfect way to say congratulations.
The biggest “congratulations” will be after the wedding, of course, but an engagement is a huge step in that direction and is definitely deserving of happy engagement wishes!