If you're throwing any kind of beach party, these free beach party invitations you can make yourself could be just what you need. These tropical-themed beach invite templates come in four different designs:
- Blue Surf's Up design with surfboards, palm trees, a beach ball, hibiscus flowers and an ocean wave
- Green Surf's Up design with surfboards, palm trees, hibiscus flowers and an ocean wave
- Wave design with hibiscus flowers, ferns and an ocean wave
- Tropical Flower design with hibiscus flowers and an ocean wave
- 5-27-10 update: I added a new luau invitation featuring a green background and hibiscus flowers
These designs are suitable for four occasions:
- A generic beach party
- A beach birthday party
- A beach BBQ
- A Hawaiian luau
2. Clicking on a thumbnail-sized beach party, BBQ or luau invitations in the right column will cause a larger size of that image to appear. When you see that larger image, double-click on it. This will cause a window to open containing a larger version. If you use a PC, right-click with your mouse to save the invitation art to your hard drive. If you use a Mac, control-click the image to pull up the option to save it.
3. If you don't know how to use the party invitation once you've saved it, click the link below to visit my BBQ and cookout invitations hub, which contains instructions for making this size invitation:
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿
Please scroll down to take my beach party poll and see videos that will teach you to dance the hula and make tropical napkin decorations!
Beach Birthday Party
You're welcome to use these free templates for personal use or to make printed or electronic invitations for friends or family. But you may not sell these invitation templates in any form, printed or digital; group them into any type of collection to be given away; or incorporate them into commercial products.
If you'd like to make your site or blog visitors aware of these templates, you may post one image, accompanied by a link to this page. If you would like to display more than one image, you may make a screenshot to accompany the link. Thanks!
If you have any questions or special requests, please contact Carla at carla @ b2bcontentsolutions .com.
Fun Beach Party Ideas
Having a beach party, BBQ or luau opens up all kinds of opportunities for beach-related fun:
Sandcastle building contest: Make sure to bring plastic buckets, molds and shovels for everyone, plus a kitchen timer, if you want to restrict the time.
Frisbee-throwing or kite flying: Get there early and stake out enough room to play without running into people.
Limbo contest: All you need is a pole or a foam "noodle to make this a fun activity for everyone.
Volleyball: Check to see if there's a sand volleyball court available near the party spot and reserve it in advance if you can.
Hula dancing: See the video to the right for detailed instructions for doing the hula. If your guests don't know how to do it, you can teach them!
Scavenger hunt: Make a list of items not normally found on the beach and ask your guests to find them. Whoever comes back first with everything wins.
TIPS FOR PRIZES
Don't want to haul a bunch of prizes out to the beach? Try virtual versions, such as Amazon or other email gift cards, Kindle kids books, or even non-virtual items that can be shipped from online sources. Just capture the winners' email addresses with your phone and send the prizes after you get home!
Basic Beach Party Supplies
Here are some basics for your guest's safety and comfort:
- One or more life preservers
- Suntan lotion and block with varying SPF
- Plenty of water (no matter how many other drink types you have)
- Umbrellas and sand chairs
- Extra towels
How to Dance the Hula
How to Make Tropical Napkin Decorations
Carla Chadwick (author) from Georgia on May 10, 2012:
I hope you find these useful, emme! :-)
emme on May 10, 2012:
awesome i needed invatations for my 4th annual lual party
Carla Chadwick (author) from Georgia on November 14, 2011:
Thanks for the kind words, Shanna!
shanna on March 21, 2011:
Love the luau birthday invitation... this site was a big help. Thanks
Carla Chadwick (author) from Georgia on July 20, 2010:
Hi, Wendy. I'm so glad you found these helpful! Thanks for letting me know.
Wendy on July 20, 2010:
Needing to print luau birthday invitations TODAY! These were a HUGE help. Thanks!!!!!
Sandy Mertens from Wisconsin, USA on June 23, 2010:
Love the invitation. Nice hub.
Ethel Smith from Kingston-Upon-Hull on May 26, 2010:
These look and sound fun