Ms. Inglish has spent 30 years working in medicine, psychology, STEM instruction, and aerospace education for Active USAF Civil Air Patrol.
Anyone can catch your eye, but it takes someone special to catch your heart.
Valentines Day is February 14th, is but one in a month of other fun holidays.
February Holidays include the winter holidays of Presidents Day or Washington and Lincoln Days, Mardi Gras (this one moves around with the Lenten Season Dates and Easter), and some others listed below. Ohio also celebrates John Glenn Day for our astronaut, the last surviving member of the Mercury Seven class of NASA astronauts from the 1950s.
We know that February is also Black History Month, commemorating the history of Africans and African Americans and descendant immigrants that have contributed to the Unites States in lasting ways.
You are every reason, every hope and every dream I've ever had.
— Nicholas Sparks; "The Notebook"
I love you and that's all that's really important, isn't it?
— David Letterman to his wife and son on his retirement program in 2015
Here are some other February Celebration Days in an easy tpo use list. Other February days for fun are lissted here.
- Feb. 1 National Freedom Day. Lisa Marie Presley's, Langston Hughes', and Clark Gable's Birthday
- Feb. 2 Ground Hog Day and Shakira's Birthday. Candlemas.
- Feb. 3 Normal Rockwell's birthday. The Day the Music Died: deaths of Buddy Holly, Richie Valens and the Big Bopper, plane crash in 1959.
- Feb. 4 Rosa Parks and Charles Lindbergh's Birthday.
- Feb. 7 Charles Dickens Day
- Feb. 8 Jules Verne's Birthday.
- Feb. 10 Leontyne Price's Birthday. This is my favorite, because Ms. Price once came to my school's vocal music classes to speak to the children. She was already a famous opera star for some time and took the interest to come to a little school in the Mid-West.
- Feb. 10 - 16 Freelance Writers Appreciation Week.
- Feb. 11 Thomas Edison's Birthday.
- Feb. 12 Plum Pudding Day. Abraham Lincoln's Birthday
- Feb. 14 Valentine's Day and Jimmy Hoffa's Birthday. For true love, I Would Marry Forrest Gump.
- Feb. 15 Susan B. Anthony's Birthday
- Feb. 15 - 18 The Great American Backyard Bird Count. Call your local State Park or Natural Resrouces Department and find out how to do this to add to your state bird count!
- Feb. 18 Pluto's anniversary day of discovery. Pluto was discovered this day in 1930.
- Feb. 20 Cherry Pie Day - One of my favorites!
- Feb. 22 George Washington's Birthday
- Feb. 24 National Tortilla Chip Day
- Feb. 27 Polar Bear Day
- Feb. 29 Leap Day - This occurs once every 4 years in Leap Year, adding together the approximately 1/4 day over 365 days we have every year. 4 x 1/4 = 1 day extra every 4 years.
The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it...
— George Moore, writer
Puzzles and Activities
- Word Search
Word Search just for Valentine's Day. Fun for kids, adults, Seniors anyone that enjoys Word Search puzzles.
- Valentine activities
Puzzles, games, other activities, from Kaboose.
Today's Valentine's Day. There's a whole day devoted solely to love. Does that make any sense? Nah. Love makes us all crazy. But it's fun too.
— Lisa Greenwald in "Sweet Treats & Secret Crushes"
I claim there ain't
As great as Valentine.
— Ogden Nash
Gift Cards Can Be Good Holiday Gifts
Gift cards can be a handy and thoughtful item for gift giving on Valentine's Day. Amazon gift cards are offered in various denominations and provides your friend or sweetheart with entrance into the world of books, music, and film.
Amazon also carries the Kindle e-reader and a wide range of items in many departments, including auctions and collectibles. Of course, they also carry Valentine's Day themed items. iTunes gift cards are appropriate for anyone with an iPod or who enjoys music as a hobby or inspiration.
If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you
— A.A. Milne, creator of Pooh Bear
Many are the starrs I see, but in my eye no starr like thee.
— English saying.
Enlarge Each Photo for a Fun Coloring Sheet
In 2015, the health and wellness community discovered that coloring books and coloring pages can be ideal even for adults! -- This is because the act of coloring is relaxing for many people. Even business executives are finding peace and fun in coloring.
Many kids still love to color these days. Sometimes our children and their young friends like to have an entire coloring book to hold as they color the pictures and designs.
The book keeps the pictures all together in one place to avoid the mess of papers scattered everywhere. This makes cleanup easier on busy holidays.
At the same time, a colored picture can be torn easily from the book and posted on the family refrigerator for all to see, or even mailed as a Valentine's Day card. That is one card to be remembered!
Pussy said to the Owl, "You elegant fowl!
How charmingly sweet you sing!
O let us be married! too long we have tarried:
But what shall we do for a ring?"
— Edward Leer
© 2008 Patty Inglish MS
bob summer on January 26, 2010:
My family has found a new coloring page site that is really nice and has lots of images that are great. Its called Bluebonkers.com , here is the link: http://www.activity-sheets.com/coloring_page/valen...
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on February 05, 2009:
Mulberry - I like to color at times too. I just found some new Valentine's pics and added them the other day - they are a lot of fun.
Sandy on February 05, 2009:
Very cute coloring book. I like the old cupid shooting the target. This is great for anyone wanting to make a quick Valentine.
Christine Mulberry on February 05, 2009:
Coloring is just my speed based on my artistic (lack of) ability. Really cute hub idea!
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on February 14, 2008:
That is a splendid idea for a Hub! If you write it, I will read it. Perhaps several could write such a hub.
I like to color once in a while, myself. :)
Contribution on February 14, 2008:
Hi, I like this kind of facts that you deliver, very nice with something for the children aswell, or maybe the adults should color them :-), might be good to let go of some stress.
That´s a new hub-article, "Paint your stress away" :-)
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on February 13, 2008:
Thank you cleanclover, lauren and Rapidwriter. I particularly like the Owl and the Pussycat picture, inspired by one of my favorite Victorian humorists, Edward Leer.
Rapidwriter from UK on February 13, 2008:
Brilliant hub! I'm going to copy the pictures and let my grand-children colour them during their half-term nect week. Thanks you Patty
Lauren Romano on February 11, 2008:
Cleanclover from Piece of land! on February 11, 2008:
Nice hub! Keep writing!
Patty Inglish MS (author) from USA and Asgardia, the First Space Nation on February 10, 2008:
O, thank you for the addition, Lissie. More please! I don't get out enough to know all these things. :)
Elisabeth Sowerbutts from New Zealand on February 10, 2008:
Cute hub - but ou missed Waitangi Day! https://hubpages.com/holidays/Waitangi_Day