Submersible LED lights are a really cool product great for events or parties or anytime you want unique lighting.
They are LED lights that are waterproof and are specifically designed to be submerged in water.
Use them in centerpieces for weddings, in pools, fish tanks, and ponds. Pair them with water beads for a spectacular decoration. They can even be added to drinks and punch bowls for a glowing effect.
Keep reading to find out more about submersible LED lights and some great ideas for using them.
About Waterproof LED Lights
- Make sure your package says waterproof or submersible before using the LED lights in water.
- Most LED tea lights will twist to turn on. Other kinds may have a switch or button. Some may even have multiple settings.
- Submersible tea lights are the most common type, but submersible LED strand lights are also available as well as sphere-shaped lights.
- They are available in white, solid colors, and multiple changing colors.
- The battery will last 10-20 hours depending on the brand. Most of the lights have batteries that are easy to replace.
- There are even top of the line submersible LED lights made for pools and ponds and fish tanks. These are designed to be long-lasting.
- Check the product packaging before using them in liquids other than water.
- Waterproof LED lights can be found in most craft departments and craft stores.
Waterproof LED Lights
Awesome Uses for Submersible LED Lights
- Use waterproof LED lights for decorating. Place them in vases and bowls to add a glow to centerpieces. They can be added to vases with floating candles, flowers, and just about anything else.
- The LED lights look especially great with water beads (gel-like beads used for decorating). The light catches the beads and really sparkles.
- Add the lights to fish tanks or ponds for lighting during an event.
- Drop submersible LED lights in the pool to light up a pool party.
- Use the lights in the bathtub for kids or to give a bubble bath a special glow.
- They are perfect for events, parties, and weddings to add light and give the night a special atmosphere.
- They are great for the holidays as well, especially Halloween and Christmas. They can add effects to decorations and help to set a scene.
Overview of Waterproof LED Lights
Submersible LED Light Strand
LED Lights in Drinks and Punches
Submersible LED lights are great to use in drinks and punches for parties and events. They are perfect for Halloween, weddings, proms, and more.
- There are specially made LED ice cubes for drinks.They come in solid and multiple colors. Most of these ice cubes can be frozen so they will be cold for drinks.
- Place waterproof LED tea lights in a punch bowl for a glowing effect.
- They also look great in the bottom of drink glasses. Guests will be impressed with cool light up drinks.
- You could even add them to Jello and other liquid foods for weirdly lighted party food. (Check the instructions before adding them to anything other than water.)
LED Ice Cubes
Tell us what you think of Submersible LED Lights.
Dale Anderson from The High Seas on March 27, 2018:
Love it! I live on a boat so I am interested in anything and everything waterproof! Especially if it uses less electricity than standard lighting. Thanks for doing the research n this and sharing your findings with us.
Candace Bacon (author) from Far, far away on January 02, 2013:
GoodLady and moonlake - Thanks so much! These lights are fun and beautiful.
moonlake from America on November 28, 2012:
My granddaughter had some of these lights at her wedding. They were so nice on the tables. Voted up
Penelope Hart from Rome, Italy on November 28, 2012:
Thanks, just LOVE them! I had one yellow LED light, just a little ball, which I used in so many ways. My 3 yr old granddaughter has it now, takes it to school with her as her toy. I would just adore to have these submersible ones and those great ice cube ones! Such a lot of color and fun.
Congrats on your win!
Sharing and voting and pinning.