Halloween is here, and with it, it is a fantastic chance to give a wonderful homemade gift. These gifts are lovely to give to close friends and family or even at your church, and your kids will have a lot of fun making them with you.
- Homemade candy- You can make anything from candy apples to your unique chocolate mix. After you have made your yummy tweet, you can wrap them in one of those small candy bags you can buy for around $3 at any store.
- Homemade Pumpkin candles- These are so easy to make. Carve your small pumpkin, add a wick to the bottom, and fill it with melted wax. You can add any scent you would like or any color. Be careful while burning, as pumpkins can dry out and catch fire. You can make any candles and dye them Halloween colors, and add Halloween smells.
- A quilt- ok, I know this sound like a big deal, but here is a speedy quilt that, with a machine, can be done in a few hours to a day. You will need Halloween bandanas or cloth the same size as a bandana, a Halloween color sheet, An old blanket or quilt batting ( a blacker is much faster), and Halloween buttons. To make a quilt take all bandanas and stitch them together. Layer bandanas, an old blanket, or baiting in the middle and sheet like a sandwich; use controls on top of the quilt and sew the sandwich together. Edge, however, you fill with cloth, lace, or whatever
- Potpourri- This is so easy to make. Take dried pumpkin peel and orange peel. Add cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, and yarrow or orange flowers. Add your oils to send the way you like. You can place them in Halloween bags or a jar with Halloween lights topped with a cloth.
5. Gift basket- Take any or all of the ideas above or mix your own and fill a plastic trick-or-treat pumpkin to make a gift basket.
6. Cake, Cupcakes, Cookies, or Pies- You can always bake a cake or pie with a Halloween theme or use apples or pumpkins to make a wonderful gift.
These Ideas you beautiful gifts for anyone or even to sell at a bake sale. I’m sure your family and friends will love these as mine, and as you start thinking of gifts to give people this year, you will feel of 100 things to can make.
Loveofnight Anderson from Baltimore, Maryland on October 29, 2012:
You have some really good ideas here, I really like the gift bags. One thing that I would love to see you do a hub on is giving more detailed info. and pictures for the quilt. Christmas is coming up and this sounds like a great idea......keep hubbing