Aah, Mom. What would we do without her? When I was a child I asked my mom why there wasn't a Children's Day. She told me that was because every day was Children's Day. And that's exactly what makes moms so wonderful; they make it possible for children to feel special all the time. So on one day a year, we return the favor.
The art on this page will allow you to honor your mom by making your own handmade Mothers Day cards. All you have to do is download the art by following the instructions below, size it to fit pre-cut cardstock you can find at art supply or craft stores and print it on your home printer. If you also embellish the art with a small amount of glitter glue, it will make the final result all the more special. Mom will love you for it!
Horizontal Free Vintage Mother's Day Cards
Vertical Free Vintage Mother's Day Cards
Instructions for Downloading the Vintage Mother's Day Cards
2. Choose a thumbnail of any of the vertical or horizontal vintage Mothers Day cards above the large images to the right. When you click on one of the images, it will appear larger. Once you've chosen an image and see it larger, double-click on the larger image, which will make the best version of the art appear.
3. If you have a PC, just right-click and save the final version of the artwork to your hard drive. If you're a Mac user, control-click the image until you get a pop-up menu that will give you an option to save the file on your hard drive.
Please see the "Rules of the Road" image use guidelines below and be sure to vote in my Mother's Day poll!
Vintage Clip Art CDs
Mother's Day Card Poll
Mother's Day Trivia
- Many of the sweaters worn by the star of the popular television show Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood were knitted by Fred Rogers' real mother.
- The odds of a woman having twins is 1-in-33. The odds of her having triplets or any other type of multiple birth is about 1-in-539.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, four million women have babies each year. Of these, approximately 450,000 are teens and almost 100,000 are 40-years-old or over.
- The idea for Mother's Day was suggested in the U.S. by by Julia Ward Howe in 1872 as a day dedicated to peace.
- The first official Mother's Day proclamation was issued by West Virginia's governor in 1910. Oklahoma celebrated Mother's Day that year as well. By 1911 every state observed Mother's Day.
Other WordPlay Mother's Day Hubs
- Free Mothers Day Clip Art and Cards
- Gifts for Mother: Free Printable Mothers Day Certificates
- Free Vintage Mothers Day Clip Art
Looking for More Mother's Day Images?
Bel on March 17, 2012:
I love your website, very inspiring and fantastic collection.
Thank you so much
kendell on September 01, 2011:
Thanks, they are really appreciated. Kindest regards
almasi on March 02, 2011:
Thanks for a beautiful hub.
esocial from California on May 02, 2008:
This is great! Thanks for sharing!
Carla Chadwick (author) from Georgia on April 24, 2008:
Thanks, anjang. :-)
anjang on April 24, 2008:
Carla Chadwick (author) from Georgia on March 20, 2008:
Thanks, Eileen. :-)
Eileen Hughes from Northam Western Australia on March 20, 2008:
Great old fashioned pictures. Any mum would love them I think