Rose is a full-time freelance writer who frequently writes about education, special education, DIY projects, food, Milwaukee, and more.
Fun Options for Patriotic Desserts
- Cut them into star shapes with cookie cutters
- Create individual serving sizes in cups or small jars
- Top desserts with miniature American flags
- If you don't want to use strawberries for the classic red touch, substitute raspberries.
Whether you are having a small family get together at home or you are attending a large party, a patriotic dessert will add a festive touch to any Fourth of July celebration. Almost all of these recipes contain easy to acquire ingredients and can be made in two hours or less. All of these recipes are kid friendly and contain a number of steps that kids can complete on their own or with minimal adult assistance. Happy cooking and happy celebrating!
Cake Pops and Cookie Pops
Get in on one of the most popular baking trends from Bakerella and whip up a batch of your own cake pops for the Fourth of July. You can customize your pops with any kind of cake that you like. There are so many fun possibilities for decorating them. Make colorful random red and blue designs or arrange your cake pops in the shape of the American flag. Cookie pops are also a fun option. You can use store bought or homemade cookies.
- MyJuiceCup: 4th of July Cake Pops
- Cake Pop Cake Recipe from Betty Crocker
- Patriotic Oreo Lollipops | MISS CANDIQUIK
Cake Pops by Bakerella
Creating a multicolored layer cake for the Fourth of July is one of the more time intensive dessert projects in this article, but the effect is sure to wow all of your family and friends. Keep in mind that if you are using red food coloring, it takes a lot of dye to get a rich red color. Alternatively, you can create a Fourth of July color scheme/decoration with the frosting and/or topping, such as creating a flag design on top of a flat cake.
- Glorious Treats: 4th of July Flag Cake
- A Little Taste of Independence: 17 and Baking
- The High Heeled Hostess: Fourth of July Cake
Jello is always a classic and is so easy to put together. Make sure that you allow enough time for it to set before your celebration. There are some clever ideas out there for creating individual Jello servings, such as using baby food jars, or you can make a large pan of Jello and slice it up ahead of time to show off the pretty patriotic layers. Add some strawberries and/or blueberries for an extra boost of vitamins and flavor. For those who are feeling ambitious, check out the Jello flag.
- Greene Acres Hobby Farm: Patriotic Party Jello Snacks
- Stained Glass Jello: Red, White & Blue for the 4th of July
- Patriotic Layered Jello
- Glorious Treats: Festive 4th of July Treats
There are several great Fourth of July recipes here, including the Jello flag.
Add a few swirls of food coloring to your favorite classic cheesecake recipe to create an instant Fourth of July favorite. For those of you who enjoy brownie cheesecake desserts, there is a recipe from Sun Scholars for that. There are also some great options out there for mini cheesecakes/individual serving cheesecakes.
- Sun Scholars: Brownie Cheesecake
- Stars & Stripes Cheesecake Shots (non-alcoholic)
- Cheesecake in a Jar Recipe | My Baking Addiction
- Mini 4th of July Cheesecake Bites: The Craving Chronicles
- eat.drink.and be merry.: Star-Spangled Berry Lemon Cheesecake
Great Fourth of July Resources
- Fabulous Features by Anders Ruff Custom Designs: Anders Ruff 4th of July Pinwheels Party
- 4th of July Crafts: How to Make a Fabulous Faux Firecracker
- 4th of July Crafts: 5 Fun Patriotic Craft Ideas for Kids