Tawnya is a freelance writer and mom of a tiny gymnast. When it comes to buying gymnastics-related gear, I'm an industry pro.
Ever After High Characters are the Children of Legendary Fairytale Characters
At first glance, you may think that you've seen the Ever After High characters before. However, you're probably confusing Ever After High characters with the still popular Monster High characters. At the most basic level, these two franchises are very similar; Monster High characters are the offspring of some of the most legendary monsters in history; such as Frankenstein, Count Dracula, and much more. Ever After High characters are the sons and daughters of fairytale characters; such as Sleeping Beauty, The Mad Hatter, The Queen of Hearts, Prince Charming, and many more. The interesting part about Ever After High is the premise that the students must follow in their families' footsteps, if they don't their story will cease to exist, and so will they. With the overwhelming attraction for little girls to dress up as their favorite fairytale characters and the allure of Monster High Doll costumes, it's no wonder that many little girls are already looking forward to wearing their favorite Ever After High character costume.
Ever After High Poll
Royals, Rebels, and Roybels
When students are enrolled at Ever After High, they are categorized as either Royals, Rebels, or Roybels. This label creates great conflict for some characters because it eliminates their ability to have Free Will. Royals agree that their destiny is pre-determined, and they agree to fulfill their family's destiny. Royals wear a crown and red and gold accessories. Royals in Ever After High include:
- Apple White - the daughter of Snow White
- Blondie Lockes - the daughter of Goldilocks
- Lizzie Hearts - the daughter of the Queen of Hearts
- Holly O'Hair - the daughter of Rapunzel
- Duchess Swan - the daughter of Swan Queen Odette
- Daring and Dexter Charming - the sons of Prince Charming
- Hopper Croakington - son of the Frog Prince
- Faybelle Thorne - the daughter of the Wicked Fairy Godmother from Sleeping Beauty
- Alistair Wonderland - the son of Alice
- Bunny Blanc - the daughter of the White Rabbit
- Lilly Bo-Peep - daughter of Little Bo Peep
Rebels Attending Ever After High
Rebels are students who do not accept their family's destiny. These students don't want to give up their free will and instead of following in their parent's footsteps, they want to rewrite their future. Rebel students wear a winged heart and the colors purple and gold. Rebel students attending Ever After High include:
- Raven Queen - the daughter of the Evil Queen and the protagonist of the web series
- Maddie Hatter - the daughter of the Mad Hatter
- Hunter Huntsman - the Huntsman (from Snow White) son
- C.A. Cupid - the adopted daughter of the god of love, Eros
- Cedar Wood - daughter of Pinocchio
- Cerise Hood - the daughter of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf
- Sparrow Hood - son of Robin Hood
- Darling Charming - daughter of Prince Charming
Roybels Attending Ever After High
Roybels are students that don't identify themselves as Royals or Rebels. Roybel students attending Ever After High include:
- Melody Piper - the daughter of the Pied Piper
- Kitty Cheshire - daughter of the Cheshire Cat
- Poppy O'Hair - the youngest daughter of Rapunzel
When watching the webisodes, there are many other characters some named and unnamed that appear in the series, but many of these unnamed characters don't play significant roles in the show.
Don't Forget the Ever After High Costume Accessories
When creating any fairytale character, the most important thing is to make sure you add the accessories. Not all Ever After High characters have costumes available, but the ones that do, usually sell the costume and wig separately, even though the advertised picture may show the model wearing both the costume and the accessories.
Ever After High's Thronecoming Webisode
Ever After High Teaches Kids About Free Will
One of my favorite parts about Ever After High is that it teaches kids about free will. Free will is a concept that many children are born with but lose sight of over time. The animated show teaches kids how important it is to keep their free will in check. Understanding and realizing how important the choices are in your life from a young age helps mold the younger generation into better thinkers!
Are Your Kids into Ever After High? If so, who is Their Favorite?
Jackie Lynnley from the beautiful south on March 05, 2015:
What great stuff for little girls! Looks like so much fun. ^+