A 50th anniversary is a momentous milestone that should be celebrated with family and friends! Celebrate this unique occasion with a once-in-a-lifetime golden party, as it is known that gold represents a 50th anniversary.
Did You Know? A gold 50th anniversary symbolic meaning stems from a tradition that dates back to the Middle Ages where husbands would crown their wives with a golden wreath on their 50th anniversary.
Whether it be a 50th birthday, a 50th wedding anniversary, or a rare 50th class reunion -- each occasion represents a long loving commitment of life itself that should be celebrated with a golden bash!
50th Anniversary Party Decorations
As mentioned before, a 50th anniversary is the golden anniversary! Why not create a gorgeous golden gala for family and friends! Not sure where to start? Traditional elements can help set the stage for a 50th anniversary party such as banners, table cloths, balloons, streamers, and tableware.
TIP: All things gold can sometimes be overwhelming for guests. Make sure to add a few colors such as white or black to make the gold decorations pop!
Don't forget to add decorative pieces that have the number "50" on them! A great way to add lighting and decorate guest tables with are candle holders! You can find great 50th anniversary candle holders at almost every party store or buy them on bulk online for cheap. These candles holders can also double as party favors for guest to take home at the end of the night and decorate their homes with.
The video below features amazing 50th anniversary party ideas from decorations to great party favors to give family and friends as a memento.
Reminisce about all the years together by creating a photo collage throughout the fifth years! This easy and inexpensive idea makes a great focal point for the party room. There are many ways you can display all the memorable photos and milestones captured through the years such as:
- String them across the welcoming table and attach the photos with clips
- Create a collage resembling the number "50"
- Collect all photos and place in a large photo frame
TIP: For a fun twist, print photos in black and white or sepia for an old vintage touch.
Take guests down memory lane by displaying old photos in centerpieces! There are many creative ways you can incorporate photos into the centerpiece or have the photos be the focal point:
- Create a photo bouquet
- Display photos in picture frames
- Scatter old photos on guest tables
Guest Book Ideas
Give guests a place to write down their favorite memories in by providing a fun and unique twist to a guest book! This is ideal to have for 50th wedding anniversaries or for a 50th birthday. The guestbook is also a great keepsake for the lovely couple or birthday celebrant to have and display in their home.
A great guest book idea is to have a big white canvas with an old picture of the couple or birthday boy/girl right in the middle. Then, have family and friends write on the white canvas around the picture with thoughtful messages, memories and other notes.
For something more creative, you can print out old pictures on cards with blank space next to them. Place these pictures on a table and have guest write their messages on them! This can also be a great hanging display by using sting and paper clips, and having guest hang their messages onto the hanging display.
Set the Mood
Take guest back in time with playing music from 50th years ago. Create a playlist of songs that were popular back in the day.
- For a 50th wedding anniversary - choose songs that the couple loved to listen to throughout the decades and that hold a special place in their hearts
- For a 50th birthday - pick songs that the birthday celebrant loved and loves listening to
- For a 50th class reunion - choose songs from their year they graduated or songs from their senior prom night
50th Anniversary Gift Ideas
Traditionally, 50th anniversary gifts are suppose to be gold. Some 50th anniversary gift ideas include:
- Jewelry - From earrings to watches, gold jewelry is always an acceptable gift! Although yellow gold is the most traditional gift, white gold and rose gold are also great popular and unique options for jewelry.
- Homemade and Personalized Gifts - Sentimental gifts are always the best gifts to give because they come straight from the heart. Plus, it also shows recipients that you spent a lot of time, energy and thought on creating the gift!
- Trips and Experiences - Memorable experiences are also a great gifts! For a 50th birthday, give the birthday boy/girl a thrilling adventure that they may have done when they were younger. For a wedding anniversary, send them on a trip to have a 2nd honeymoon.
50th Anniversary Party Favors
After a fun and festive night, commemorate the memories created with special party favors. Party favors are not only gifts to give guests, but they serve as a memento for family and friends to look back on and remember that special occasion.
To commemorate the golden 50th anniversary party, gift guests party favors that have "50" on them! Popular party favors guest love to have are practical favors that they can use such as key chains, candle holders, bottle openers and stoppers.
Another great 50th anniversary party favor to hand out guests are personalized favors! When personalizing favors, you can include meaningful messages, the date and more to commemorate the night and the anniversary. Add that extra personal touch to glassware, wine and water bottles, and so much more. Plus, you can use the glassware during the party and have guest take them home as a party favor! There are many online stores that specialize in personalized favors and gifts! Family and friends will be touched by the thoughtfulness and extra effort you put into the party favors.