Rebecca is a retired special education teacher. She earned a master's degree at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Savannah, GA.
It’s hard to believe, but the Fourth is just around the corner.
This year, make something special for the kids. Letting them help you would make it even better. They’ll love you for it, and it will make them feel special on this truly meaningful holiday.
Sure, they’re sugary, but hey, Independence Day is up there on the list of major holidays.
Firecracker Popsicles are created by layering Berry Blue Typhoon, Fruit Juicy Red, and Whitewater Wave Hawaiian Punches freezing one layer at a time. Add a red Twizzler “fuse” just before fully frozen.
Sparkler cookies can be made with sugar cookie refrigerator dough, frosting, sprinkles, and sugars in patriotic colors. If you have a favorite sugar cookie and frosting recipe, and the time, that would make this project even more special.
I used the refrigerator dough and a ready-made buttercream frosting.
Ingredients (for 8 Popsicles)
- 30 ounces Hawaiian Punch, Fruit Juicy Red flavor
- 30 ounces Hawaiian Punch, Berry Blue Typhoon flavor
- 30 ounces Hawaiian Punch, Whitewater Wave flavor
- 1 package Twizzlers
Instructions for Firecracker Popsicles ( for 8 Pops)
- Fill individual Popsicle molds 1/3 full with the red Hawaiian Punch.
- Freeze until solid.
- Pour cold, semi-frozen white HawaiianPunch the next 1/3.
- Insert a piece of red Twizzler candy before thoroughly frozen.
- Pour on the blue Hawaiian Punch and freeze until solid.
Ingredients for Sparkler Cookies
- one tube of refrigerator sugar cookie dough
- one canister buttercream frosting
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
Directions for Sparkler Cookies
1. Slice refrigerated cookie dough in 1/4 inch slices.
2. Flatten with a rolling pin on a floured breadboard.
3. Roll up into pencil-sized “snakes.”
4. Cut into about 3-inch lengths.
5. Bake according to package or recipe directions.
6. Cool. Frost the ends and decorate with sprinkles.
Rebecca Mealey (author) from Northeastern Georgia, USA on June 30, 2021:
Devika Primić from Dubrovnik, Croatia on June 30, 2021:
Louise Powles from Norfolk, England on June 30, 2021:
I love the look of them! Have a lovely 4th July.