Inspirational One-Line Quotes
I've compiled some of the best and the finest short inspirational quotes to inspire and motivate the like-minded souls. Use these great quotes as a thought for the day, a quote of the day, or just as plain inspirational messages. For example:
- "Some men see things as they are and ask 'why?'; I dare to dream of things that never were and ask 'why not?'"—George Bernard Shaw
- "You will never win if you never begin."—Helen Rowland
It is not always possible to find the energy and motivation from within. But this article can help you find that motivation with these quotes about a range of inspirational life-topics, such as the future, love, friendship, and more.
Short Inspirational Quotes
- "Let's roll."—Todd Beamer
- "I think, therefore, I am."—Descartes
- "I am, that I am." —The Bible
- "What's done is done." —William Shakespeare
- "Earth laughs in flowers." —Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "I have a dream."—Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "Attack in all directions!"—Nathan Bedford Forrest
- "Sweat saves blood."—Ervin Rommel
- "No day but today."—Jonathan Larson
- "Carpe diem (seize the day)."—Horace, 23 BC
- "Touch has a memory."—John Keats
- "Attitude is everything."—Charles Swindoll
- "Whatever happens, take responsibility."—Tony Robbins
- "Know thyself."—Socrates
- "Hope springs eternal."—Alexander Pope
- "Love is blind."—William Shakespeare
- "Love conquers all."—Virgil
- "Live with passion."—Anthony Robbins
- "Do it now!"—Napoleon Hill
- "The buck stops here."—Harry Truman
- "Never, never, never give up."—Winston Churchill
Quotes About Life
- "The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want."—Ben Stein
- "Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."—Oscar Wilde
- "Life is a long lesson in humility."—James M Barrie
- "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."—John Lennon
- "The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values."—Norman Thomas
- "The purpose of life is to fight maturity."—Dick Werthimer
- "Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious."—Brendan Gill
- "Life is a sexually transmitted disease."—R.D. Laing
- "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."—Sir Winston Churchill
- "Life is an unbroken succession of false situations."—Thornton Wilder
- "Life is something that everyone should try at least once."—Henry J. Tillman
- "Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering—and it's all over much too soon."—Woody Allen
- "Enjoy your life without comparing it to others."—Condobcet
- "The truth is more important than the facts."—Frank Lloyd Wright
- "I don't care what is written about me as long as it isn't true."—Katherine Hepburn
- "The most important thing is not to stop questioning."—Albert Einstein
- "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly."—Robert F. Kennedy
- "Thinking will not overcome fear but action will."—W. Clement Stone
- "The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."—ee Cummings
- "Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."—Aldous Huxley
- "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."—Ayn Rand
- "If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm."—Vince Lombardi
- "Only the gentle are ever really strong."—James Dean
- "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."—Mark Twain
Short Quotes About Spirtuality
- "The word spiritual, not the word religious, is the key."—Clarence Clemons
- "Every natural fact is a symbol of some spiritual fact."—Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "In my songs, the sex is all subliminal. It's subliminal, spiritual."—Ziggy Marley
- "When you have a spiritual foundation, you look at poverty differently then."—Dennis Banks
- "Physical strength can never permanently withstand the impact of spiritual force."—Franklin D. Roosevelt
- "Sanctified afflictions are spiritual promotions."—Matthew Henry
- "Love in its essence is spiritual fire."—Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- "What happens is that people who are very religious but who are not in touch with reality cannot be spiritual."—Keith Miller
- "Poetry for me is as much a spiritual practice as sexual ecstasy is."—James Broughton
- "Yoga has reinforced and grounded my own spiritual beliefs."—Christy Turlington
- "There is a muscular energy in sunlight corresponding to the spiritual energy of wind."—Annie Dillard
- "We can hear the silent voice of the spiritual universe within our own hearts."—Ruth St. Denis
- "Art is spiritual."—John Cusack
- "Greatness is a spiritual condition."—Matthew Arnold
- "The spiritual is the parent of the practical."—Thomas Carlyle
- "Music is mediator between spiritual and sensual life."—Ludwig van Beethoven
Best Movie Quotes of All Time
- ". . .Bond. James Bond."—Sean Connery, Dr. No (1962)
- "Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."—Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca (1942)
- "Well, it's not the men in your life that counts, it's the life in your men."—Mae West, I'm No Angel (1933)
- "I'll be back."—Arnold Schwarzenegger, The Terminator (1984)
- "Would you be shocked if I put on something more comfortable?"—Jean Harlow, Hell's Angels (1930)
- "My mama always said, 'Life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.'"—Tom Hanks, Forrest Gump (1994)
- "I could dance with you till the cows come home. On second thought, I'd rather dance with the cows when you came home."—Groucho Marx, Duck Soup (1933)
- "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"—Clark Gable, Gone With the Wind (1939)
- "You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the f--k do you think you're talkin' to?"—Robert De Niro, Taxi Driver (1976)
- "Gimme a whiskey, ginger ale on the side. And don't be stingy, baby."—Greta Garbo, Anna Christie (1930)
- "Courage is not the towering oak that sees storms come and go; it is the fragile blossom that opens in the snow."—Alice Mackenzie Swaim
- "Fantastic things happen—to the way we feel, to the way we make other people feel. All this simply by using positive words."—Professor Leo F Buscaglia
- "As one person, I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person."—Paul Shane Spear
- "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."—Anais Nin
- "If you don't know where you are going you will probably end up somewhere else."—Laurence Peter
- "I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."—Thomas Jefferson
- "You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth."—Shira Tehrani
- "The greatest revenge is to accomplish what others say you cannot do."—Anonymous
- "All glory comes from daring to begin."—Eugene F. Ware
- "I'd rather be optimistic and a fool, than pessimistic and right."—Anonymous
- "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."—Mother Theresa
- "The reason many people don't see things in the right perspective is that they are always looking for an angle."—Anonymous
- "Leave the past, engage the present, create the future."—Julio Melara
- "Confidence comes not from always being right, but from not feeling being wrong."—Peter McIntyre
- "If you change nothing, nothing changes."—Dr. Joyce
- "No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."—Charles Dickens
- "You might as well remember that nothing can bring you success but yourself."—Napoleon Hill
- "Once you say you are going to settle for second, that's what happens to you in life."—John F Kennedy
- "The power to move the world is in the subconscious mind."—William James
- "Our aspirations are our responsibilities."—Robert Browning
- "A goal is a dream with a deadline."—Napoleon Hill
- "Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs."—Henry Ford
- "You need to make a commitment, and once you make it, then life will give you some answers."—Les Brown
- "Once you have a clear picture of your priorities—that, is values, goals, and high leverage activities - organize around them."—Stephen Covey
- "High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectation."—Jack and Garry Kinder
- "A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals."—Larry Bird
- "This one step, choosing a goal and sticking to it, changes everything."—Scott Reed
- "Action springs not from though, but from readiness for responsibility."—Dietrich Bonhoffer
- "A good plan today is better than a great plan tomorrow."—George S. Patton
- "Knowing what to do is very, very different than actually doing it."—Seth Godin
- "The end result of wisdom is good deeds."—Babylonian Talmud
- "When you realize there is nothing lacking... the whole world belongs to you."—Lao Tzu
- "Sometimes you just have to jump and grow your wings on the way down."—Les Brown
- "It is better to err on the side of daring than the side of caution."—Alvin Toffler
- "First, say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do."—Epictetus
- "Life does not happen to us, it happens from uss"—Mike Wickett
- "When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile."—Anonymous
- "Your life is magnificent not because someone says it is, but because you choose to see it as such."—Ralph Marston
Character building begins in our infancy, and continues until death.
— Eleanor Roosevelt
Oft-Repeated (But Still Inspirational) Quotes
- "To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."—Bertrand Russell
- "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."—Eleanor Roosevelt
- "A mistake is only a mistake if you don't learn from it."—Anonymous
- "There is none so blind as those who will not listen."—William Slater
- "Do not walk behind me, I may not lead. Do not walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."—Anonymous
- "Difficulty is not an obstacle, it is merely an attribute."—Wal Sakaluk
- "It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit."—Harry Truman
- "A person who graduated yesterday and stops studying today is uneducated tomorrow."—Anonymous
- "A dream is just a dream. A goal is a dream with a plan and a deadline."—Harvey Mackay
- "Don't let yesterday take up too much of today."—Will Rogers
- "Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful."—Samuel Johnson
- "By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail."—Benjamin Franklin
- "The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; the optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty."—Winstom Churchill
- "Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success."—Henry Ford
- "Happiness is not a station to arrive at, but a manner of traveling."—Margaret Lee Runbeck
- "Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change."—Jim Rohn
- "Men willingly believe what they wish."—Julius Caesar
- "Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to yourself and others."—Buddha
- "Strive for excellence, not perfection."—H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- "Failing to plan is planning to fail."—Allen Lakein
- "Plan you work and work your plan."—Napoleon Hill
- "The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen."—Lee Iacocca
- "Make your vocation into vacation and you will not have to work a single day."—Nicholas Lore
- "The more you can dream the more you can do."—Michael Korda
- "Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, he can achieve."—Napoleon Hill
- "We are what and where we are because we have first imagined it."—Donald Curtis
- "The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck."—Anthony Robbins
- "Vision is the art of seeing the invisible."—Jonathan Swift
- "Winners make it happen; Losers let it happen."—Leonard Lavin
Quotes About General Love
- "To love one's self is the beginning of a lifelong romance."—Oscar Wilde
- "The love we give away is the only love we keep."—Elbert Hubbard
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched; they must be felt with the heart."—Helen Keller
- "True love begins when nothing is looked for in return."—Antoine De Saint-Exupery
- "Love must be as much a light, as it is a flame."—Henry David Thoreau
- "A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love."—Mother Teresa
- "The good life is inspired by love and guided by knowledge."—Bertrand Russell
- "Love stretches your heart and makes you big inside."—Margaret Walker
- "We can only learn to love by loving."—Iris Murdoch
- "Love is a medicine for the sickness of the world; a prescription often given, too rarely taken."—Karl Menninger
- "By love, serve one another."—The Bible
- "Who so loves, believes the impossible."—Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- "Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination."—Voltaire
- "We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end."—Benjamin Disreli
- "Love until it hurts. Real love is always painful and hurts; then it is real and pure."—Mother Teresa
- "Men always want to be a woman's first love—women like to be a man's last romance."—Oscar Wilde
- "Everything is clearer when you're in love."—John Lennon
- "At the touch of love, everyone becomes a poet."—Plato
- "Love is like war; easy to begin but very hard to stop."—Henry Louis Mencken
- "I can live without money, but I cannot live without love."—Judy Garland
- "Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye."—Jackson Brown Jr.
- "When I saw you I fell in love. And you smiled because you knew."—Arrigo Boito
- "Some love lasts a lifetime. True love lasts forever."—Anonymous
- "This is my commandment, that ye love one another."—Jesus Christ
- "A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge."—Thomas Carlyle
Quotes About Romantic Love
- "When love is not madness, it is not love."—Pedro Calderon de la Barca
- "Come live in my heart and pay no rent."—Samuel Lover
- "Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."—Robert Frost
- "Ah me! love can not be cured by herbs."—Ovid
- "Only from the heart can you touch the sky."—Jalaluddin Rumi
- "The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence."—Edward Thomas
- "We loved with a love that was more than love."—Edgar Allan Poe
- "Who, being loved, is poor?"—Oscar Wilde
- "He is not a lover who does not love forever."—Euripides
- "Love me and the world is mine."—David Reed
- "Her lips on his could tell him better than all her stumbling words."—Margaret Mitchell
- "I could walk forever and a mile with one beautiful girl."—A.C. Van Cherub
- "There are two sorts of romantics: those who love, and those who love the adventure of loving."—Lesley Blanch
- "We owe to the Middle Ages the two worst inventions of humanity—romantic love and gunpowder."—Andre Maurois
- "The essence of romantic love is that wonderful beginning, after which sadness and impossibility may become the rule."—Anita Brookner
- "Real love stories never have endings."—Richard Bach
Quotes About the Future
- "Plan for the future, because that is where you are going to spend the rest of your life."—Mark Twain
- "The future depends on what we do in the present."—Mahatma Gandhi
- "I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."—Albert Einstein
- "The best way to predict the future is to create it."—Peter Drucker
- "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is."—C.S. Lewis
- "The future is as bright as the promises of God."—William Carey
- "The past does not equal the future."—Anthony Robbins
- "We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future."—George Bernard Shaw
- "Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."—Corrie Ten Boom
- "The future destiny of the child is always the work of the mother."—Napoleon
- "There are certain moments when we might wish the future were built by men of the past."—Jean Rostand
- "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time."—Abraham Lincoln
- "Create your future from your future, not your past."—Werner Erhard
- "The cradle of the future is the grave of the past."—Franz Grillparzer
- "When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh."—Chinese Proverb
- "The future comes slowly, the present flies, and the past stands still forever."—Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
- "My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."—Charles F. Kettering
Quotes About Courage
- "It takes courage to know when you ought to be afraid."—James A. Michener
- "Clear thinking requires courage rather than intelligence."—Thomas Szasz
- "Courage is found in unlikely places."—J.R.R. Tolkien
- "Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear."—Mark Twain
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."—Winston Churchill
- "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."—Walt Disney
- "One man with courage is a majority."—Thomas Jefferson
- "Despair gives courage to a coward."—Thomas Fuller
- "It takes a great deal of courage to follow another person's lead."—Bill Hybels
- "The secret to happiness is freedom. The secret to freedom is courage."—Thucydides
- "Honest conviction is my courage; the Constitution is my guide."—Andrew Johnson
- "A man of character in peace is a man of courage in war."—Charles Wilson
- "Optimism is the foundation of courage."—Nicholas M. Butler
- "Every man of courage is a man of his word."—Pierre Corneille
- "Courage in danger is half the battle."—Titus Maccius Plautus
- "Necessity does the work of courage."—Nicholas M. Butler
- "Courage without conscience is a wild beast."—Robert Green Ingersoll
- "Without courage, wisdom bears no fruit."—Baltasar Gracian
- "The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart."—Robert Green Ingersoll
- "Courage is grace under pressure."—Ernest Hemingway
- "Courage follows action."—Mack R. Douglas
- "Do something productive. Stop being yourself."—Anonymous
- "If at first you don't succeed, try something easier."—Anonymous
- "Strange as it may seem, my life is based on a true story."—Ashleigh Brilliant
- "Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."—Seinfeld
- "My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I'm right."—Ashleigh Brilliant
- "I'll always cherish the original misconception I had of you."—Anonymous
- "It is not necesssary to understand things in order to argue about them."—Caron de Beaumarchais
- "Marriage is the chief cause of divorce."—Groucho Marx
- "He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends."—Oscar Wilde
- "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it."—Mark Twain
- "When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it."—Calrence Darrow
- "Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow."—Mark Twain
- "I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here."—Stephen Bishop
- "I believe in luck: how else can you explain the success of those you don't like?"—Jean Cocteau
- "Every time I look at you, I get a fierce desire to be lonesome."—Oscar Levant
- "I am easily satisfied with the very best."—Winston Churchill
Quotes About Friendship
- "No road is long with good company."—Turkish Proverb
- "A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walk out."—Walter Winchell
- "A best friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway."—Elbert Hubbard
- "You are not very good if you are not better than your best friends imagine you to be."—Johann Kaspar Lavater
- "It takes a long time to grow an old friend."—John Leonard
- "A friend is a gift one give oneself."—Robert Louis Stevenson
- "My best friend is the one who brings out the best of me."—Henry Ford
- "A friend is someone who lets you have total freedom to be yourself."—Jim Morrison
- "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive."—Anais Nin
- "Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."—Helen Keller
- "It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter."—Marlene Dietrich
- "Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."—Marcel Proust
- "Hold a true friend with both your hands."—Nigerian Proverb
- "True friendship comes when silence between two people is comfortable."—Dave Tyson Gentry
- "A true friend is one who overlooks your failures and tolerates your success."—Doug Larson
- "Friends are relatives you make for yourself."—Eustache Deschamps
- "The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."—Elisabeth Foley
What is your opinion?
Share your quote(s) for the day below, please!
murali.kp. on February 28, 2018:
Impressive one liners-
I am easily satisfied with the very best."—Winston Churchill.
blestman lm on March 07, 2014:
What fun. Makes me want to plaster my wall with quotes
peterlegend on January 25, 2014:
Love your lens for inspirations. I also love the title for Nelson Mandela's book "Long walk to freedom" and the quote "Lead from the back- and let others believe they are in front"
Thanks for sharing yours.
WordChipper on January 15, 2014:
Howard Cossell is hilarious! Thank you for that.
OMENA777 on September 13, 2013:
You can live life by choice or chance, be right or happy, be better or bitter.
anonymous on August 14, 2013:
I'm not average, I will never be average. Why not? Because that is my choice.
karenmf on February 27, 2013:
I enjoyed your lens. This is my favorite quote but it's more than a one-liner: "Let others lead small lives, but not you.. Let others argue over small things, but not you.. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you.. Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you.
AnxietyFreeNatually on February 27, 2013:
pauly99 lm on February 23, 2013:
Death is certain, life is not.
pauly99 lm on February 23, 2013:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
PaulSparlin on February 22, 2013:
This is a great lens! Thanks for collecting this info. I'll be sure to stop by again.
opatoday on February 22, 2013:
TCB Taking care of business ( its an ELVIS Thing) You make a great lens!!!
laurenrich on February 17, 2013:
An awesome lens. A job well done. Thanks for the inspiration and a beautiful lens.
Wedding Mom on February 16, 2013:
Very inspirational and motivating. Thanks for sharing this lens!
anonymous on February 09, 2013:
A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step....
doepkerd lm on February 07, 2013:
So much great stuff here. Thank you for sharing!
cmadden on February 06, 2013:
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion."
~Arthur C. Clarke
TACTCI LM on February 04, 2013:
Now that's the best one-liner lens I've ever seen! :) Great job
mrknowitall54321 on January 20, 2013:
Fantastic lens, very inspirational
paulgrossman on January 05, 2013:
Great lens.....A great quote by Wayne Dyer (who always makes you think): We have the choice when we wake up to say, "Good God, Morning!" or "Good Morning,God!"
ILIKEWHATIDO on January 04, 2013:
Inspiration is just only a spark of fire and put into action you be next inspiration...anonymous
spelaspela on December 31, 2012:
great lens,I am inspired:))) let's start to work:)))
artmarks on December 27, 2012:
"Do it Now!" - Napoleon Hill and "No day but today" - Jonathan Larson are the best ones. Great lens with some great quotes :)
anonymous on December 24, 2012:
Nice Lens - Merry Christmas!
ZenSquid on December 24, 2012:
Very Nice Lens! Great quotes!
Gregory Moore from Louisville, KY on December 23, 2012:
We can all use a little daily inspiration!
myspace9 on December 23, 2012:
Very inspiring lens and thanks for liking and blessing my lens.
Rankography on December 23, 2012:
Back to bless a few of your lenses because my blessings wore off.
MurphyOng on December 23, 2012:
I love this quote "No one can change my mind, but me". That is why no one can change my mind to decide that this lens is one of the most inspirational I ever come across. Thank you for sharing such wonderful stuff. : )
pinkrenegade lm on December 21, 2012:
Very inspiring indeed! Thank you for sharing! Really brighten up my day!
applejacking on December 20, 2012:
Don't every think about the past because it's gone and don't worry about the futuse because it's hasn't arrived
anonymous on December 11, 2012:
@robertclarke: we both like the same
Miha Gasper from Ljubljana, Slovenia, EU on December 06, 2012:
When the going gets tough the tough get going!
KimGiancaterino on December 04, 2012:
Wow ... you are my hero! In the future, I'm coming here for my quotes.
J-Shephard on November 29, 2012:
I have to say... I found inspiration on this lens. Take care!
rawwwwwws lm on November 23, 2012:
Thanks for sharing, blessed.
nitinvijayy on November 22, 2012:
Everybody is Perfect;Imperfection is an illusion.
anonymous on November 15, 2012:
My quote for today is: "Yes I Can!"- (Presiden tBarack Obama)
anonymous on November 15, 2012:
Never Loose Hope
anonymous on November 13, 2012:
Find a Way or Make a Way
anonymous on November 13, 2012:
@poutine: Love this - must share. Thank you.
DurgaLakshmi07 on November 11, 2012:
awesome collection....Great lens...love it!
CristianStan on November 09, 2012:
I would recommend everyone to look at this article if they want deep, and inspiration quotes, awesome lens!
Tara Wojtaszek on November 04, 2012:
What a great selection of inspirational quotes. I especially like the Julio Melara quote 'Leave the past, engage the present, create the future'. Sometimes easier said than done but definitely great advice : )
shashikantdabral on November 02, 2012:
Deborah Carr from Orange County, California on October 28, 2012:
These are wonderful, and inspirational quote! Love them!
sailor_man on October 26, 2012:
im1337mi on October 24, 2012:
Nice!! Thanks for sharing
Trisha Cornelius from Gauteng, South Africa on October 24, 2012:
There is a you shaped hole in the universe and only you can fill it.
anonymous on October 21, 2012:
What an amazing! I was just loved that.......
XxSadieLadyxX on October 17, 2012:
Can I pick more then one? These are my favorite ones that I have on my Facebook (I have to admit I have a slight quote addition and have several on there):
*Beautiful people do not just happen. The most beautiful people I have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep and loving concern.*
*Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved. It is in the most trying times that our real character is shaped and revealed. - Helen Keller*
*Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched and those who have tried. For only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.*
*We all want something in life, maybe it's respect, money, or maybe even trust - but most likely, it's to be eternally loved; which to all is one of life's biggest musts.*
*Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which has the potential to turn a life around.*
Laraine Sims from Lake Country, B.C. on October 03, 2012:
Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.
- Corrie ten Boom
anonymous on September 27, 2012:
"Some times the most spiritual thing we can do is go to sleep."
LaurenIM on September 26, 2012:
I enjoy these things. Everyone needs a good inspirational quote every now and again. Thank you!
Diva2Mom on September 19, 2012:
I love all the simple quotes you listed here; simple but powerful enough to motivate people like me who needs a lot of Positive Energy to get goin, haha. I actually got some of these inspiring quotes on my wall to help me; it's just amazing! Thanks for sharing a great selection of inspirational and motivational quotes. Great lens indeed! May God bless you, dear Charles!
CoolFool83 on September 18, 2012:
I really like that quote "Live with passion". It's simple but well put. Nice list!
LynetteBell from Christchurch, New Zealand on August 09, 2012:
Wedding Mom on August 03, 2012:
These are great selection of quotes.
Passionate-Squid on August 01, 2012:
I am inspired.
MarcStorm LM on July 21, 2012:
No one knows & understands the true meaning of winning better than the loser.
MarcStorm LM on July 21, 2012:
"If you waste time, time will waste you!" - Me
"Just Love!" - Me
"Religion is based on Spirituality, not the other way around" - Me
vaigavenugopal on July 11, 2012:
no one can change my mind but me...great quotes..excited to read more..
anaisfraiche on July 11, 2012:
"Let God be true, and every man a liar."~ the Bible. My favorite quote of all time.
robertclarke on July 11, 2012:
great quotes, one of my favourite quotes from your lens is:
The best way to predict the future is to create it.
Laraine Sims from Lake Country, B.C. on July 10, 2012:
I enjoyed reading your lens. Here are some Irish sayings:
A man's mouth can break his nose.
A good name is easier lost than gained.
anonymous on July 09, 2012:
@anonymous: Hiiii Gmg Madam
Didge on July 03, 2012:
thank you for sharing! ! !
AngelDeanSquidoo on June 26, 2012:
"What's done, is done. Quotes are so true. Beautiful lens.
RadaFrancis LM on June 25, 2012:
"Stop thinking of what could go wrong and start thinking of what could go right" ~ Unknown
bilafond lm on June 23, 2012:
@eghapamungkas: I went to your lens there is nothing there not even your bio. I would have commented there no place to do that.
bilafond lm on June 23, 2012:
And add a few more - I'm crazy, but I'm not stupid -Jackie Chan. And Mahatma Gandhi said I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Please read with my earlier comment. I do see a Rumi quote though.
anonymous on June 22, 2012:
Its been a few moons since I stopped by here.
You have added so much more delight! :)
Aster56 on June 18, 2012:
"The truth is more important than the facts." - Frank Lloyd Wright. I like reading Quotes. Its very inspiring. Thanks.
vegetablegardenh on June 16, 2012:
Nice collection, enjoyed reading them.
ccsonian on June 16, 2012:
Thanks for the quotes!
Hypersapien2 from U.S. on June 15, 2012:
Love this lens and the quotes!
anonymous on June 13, 2012:
All r true lines....amazing..i really enjoyed it and learn many things to read these lines
Mary Norton from Ontario, Canada on June 12, 2012:
Enjoyed reading some of these lines.
EnjoyLens on June 12, 2012:
Very nice lens, thank you for sharing with us! Squidlike
antoniow on June 11, 2012:
Fantastic lens, I rally enjoy it here!
anonymous on June 08, 2012:
Great lens! Now I know where to find my daily motivation...
eghapamungkas on June 02, 2012:
the lens was a good master, I am a newbie want likeback or comments
ryokomayuka from USA on May 29, 2012:
I just love one line quotes,
Millionairemomma on May 26, 2012:
Inspiring and uplifting, just what I needed. Thanks.
Rankography on May 24, 2012:
Great lens -- Inspirational! Some of these are very motivational to tell yourself everyday. Blessed.
myraggededge on May 24, 2012:
"Your opinion of me is none of my business". :-)
SecondHandJoe LM on May 21, 2012:
I love these lenses of yours- I end up spending too much time here. Thanks again for putting together such a nice bunch!
PennyHowe on May 20, 2012:
An archeologist is the best husband any woman can have: The older she gets the more interested he is in her. Agatha Cristie(1891-1976) Thanks for sharing all these great quotes.
Nathalie Roy from France (Canadian expat) on May 06, 2012:
I am not 40 something, I am 39 plus taxes. I love this one since I reached 40 a couple of years ago lol.
Auntie-M LM on May 02, 2012:
"The madness of love is the greatest of heaven's blessings." Plato
danielmccarthy lm on April 30, 2012:
Just what I was looking for!
jessica ruiz jo on April 26, 2012:
Reading those was a great way to start my day! Thanks for the inspiration!
whats4dinner on March 18, 2012:
Great collection of inspiring and motivating quotes.
Thrinsdream on February 29, 2012:
Brilliant and uplifting, thank you. With thanks and appreciation. Cathi x
AJ from Australia on February 27, 2012:
Please accept my blessings as well as inclusion on my lens - Colossal Squid Stars!
JanieceTobey on February 26, 2012:
On the walls beside my computer, I have placed quotes that have special meaning or beauty to me. Here's one: "Beautiful thoughts build a beautiful Soul. There's always something beautiful to be experienced where ever you are." Wayne Dyer
PersonnelRecruitment on February 15, 2012:
Way cool lens man. Love it !!!!! A +1 from me
squid-pinkchic18 on February 13, 2012:
This was a really fun lens! You obviously did a lot of research here, and your hard work shows! That video is hilarious. Well done!
CrazyIM on February 12, 2012:
I have some favorite quotes. You have them all here. Excellent job.
Zut Moon on February 09, 2012:
Thank you for this lens. I write lenses about inspiration and personal development and will feature this lens in one or several of those. God (however you perceive Hi./Her/it) Bless.