My Easy Vegan Lunch
Most days, I'm home for lunch. I have time to prepare lunch, but I also like to have something I can put in the oven and let it cook for a while. This is the lunch I've been eating recently.
This recipe is a sort of a vegan take on the Fast Food favorite of a burger and fries. I hope you like it. It's got less than 500 or so calories for the entire meal.
Prep Time: 1-5 minutes
Total Time: 30-60 minutes
- 2 Dr. Praeger Burgers (your choice of flavor)
- 4 corn cakes (your choice of flavor)
- 1 -2 red potatoes
- olive oil spray (I have a pump spray bottle)
- condiments of choice (optional)
- Turn your oven on to 350 degrees. Take the burgers and put them on a foil covered cookie sheet. Spray the tops with olive oil. Slice up the potato(es) into french fry strips, then cut them in half. Lay the potato strips on the cookie sheet and spray them with olive oil. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and let it bake. Check on them every 15-20 minutes. Flipping the burgers after about 20-30 minutes and spray the other side with olive oil helps them bake better.
- This should be ready by 45-60 minutes if you like the potatoes a bit crispy. Put the burgers between two corn cakes and top with your sauce or condiment of choice (I like my Cauliflower Sauce). Take the "fries" on the plate next to the burgers. I hope you like this as much as I do.
Corn Cakes from Amazon
While I use either the Bombay or Tex Mex burgers, the California burgers are good too. As for the Corn "Cakes", I used to eat "Rice Cakes" but lately I have found that rice doesn't agree with me (even sprouted brown rice), so I started eating "Corn Cakes" -- I like the sesame flavor the best.
Order Dr. Praeger Burgers here
If you need to buy Dr Praeger Burgers on line, use the link here or link through by pressing the picture.
Compugraph Designs Art Now Site
"Art Now" is another "Print on Demand" site. They have a nice collection of products, including the mouse pad pictured here. Click on the picture to see the entire site.
© 2022 compugraphd