Hi, I am Dr. Manjot Singh. I am a Dentist by profession, I am here at HubPages to help you people with Knowledge of my Subject.
Bad Oral Health, A Door to Various Heart Diseases
DIRTY TEETH CAN CAUSE HEART DISEASES?
Poor oral health (Not Brushing/ Not Brushing properly) for a long period of time causes GINGIVITIS and further progresses into PERIODONTITIS.
There are almost 20 billion bacteria in our ORAL CAVITY (Mouth) and they tend to reproduce after every 5 hours.
There are some specific species of micro flora (Bacteria) which can go into our bloodstream.
HOW BACTERIA FROM MOUTH CAN CAUSE HEART DISEASES:
- Bacteria (Streptococcus mutans, Streptococcus sanguinis, Actinomyces, Streptococcus salivarius, Bacteroides, Spirochetes etc.) from mouth enters the blood stream through gums. It is usually due to PLAQUE formation between gums and teeth where these bacteria cultivate.
- These bacteria from small capillaries enter into blood stream.
- This oral bacteria sticks to fatty plaque in blood vessels, and directly contributes to BLOCKAGES.
- Oral bacteria triggers an inflammatory response, causing swelling of blood vessels, reducing blood flow and increasing risk of CLOT FORMATION.
- These bacteria also cause blockage in HEART VALVES which can even lead to HEART ATTACK.
Thus, a Dirty Oral Cavity is a way to many Heart Diseases.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR ORAL CAVITY CLEAN & HEALTY?
- Brush two times a day, at night after dinner and in the morning after breakfast.
- Use Floss, to clear Interdental food impaction.
- Visit your Dentist for cleaning of teeth (SCALING) after every 6 months.
- Use of Mouthwash rinses, to keep your mouth fresh and to prevent bad odor from our mouth.
HEALTHY MOUTH LEADS TO A HEALTY BODY
© 2021 Manjot Singh
Manjot Singh (author) from Amritsar, Punjab on April 24, 2021:
Thank You Ma'am :)
Jyoti randhawa on April 09, 2021:
Very informative, keep going and growing Dr.Manjot Singh.